Searching The Philosophy of Spiritual Activity
You may select a new search term and repeat your search.
Searches are not case sensitive, and you can use
in your queries.
Query was: instance
Here are the matching lines in their respective documents.
Select one of the highlighted words in the matching lines below to jump
to that point in the document.
- Title: PoSA: Introduction - Rudolf Steiner as a Philosopher
- thinking. In the first instance we cannot call the deed a free one, since
- imagination” — as, for instance, Gandhi's “non-violence,” or Albert
- Title: PoSA: Chapter II: The Fundamental Urge For Knowledge
- for knowledge is but a special instance of this dissatisfaction. If we look
- Title: PoSA: Chapter III: Thinking in the Service of Understanding the World
- circumstances prevailing in this particular instance. In other words, to the
- as, for instance, a change is caused in an object by a stone which falls
- In the first instance I am not at all interested in pointing out that I have
- Title: PoSA: Chapter IV: The World as Perception
- many instances I may have observed. Observation calls up thinking, and it is
- Title: PoSA: Chapter VI: The Human Individuality
- my perceiving I appear, in the first instance, enclosed within the boundary
- interests us only as example, as instance of the concept, the more the
- Title: PoSA: Chapter VII: Are There Limits to Knowledge?
- number of instances, the situation can be so recognized that one can know
- how the inferred causes will behave in other instances. Such an inference is
- correct, for it is subject to correction by future instances. Eduard von
- instance of perception. The reader will gather from what has already been said,
- Title: PoSA: Chapter IX: The Idea of Freedom
- out in a similar instance, or have seen carried out. These representations
- of the church, divine revelation). A particular instance of these moral
- The progress of culture is seen as a special instance of the
- instance, will never achieve truly individual willing.
- individually adapted to the particular instance and the particular
- in me when I face the concrete instance.
- idea-content of the world. In particular instances such aims are usually
- intuitively in accord; how they shall will in a particular instance,
- Title: PoSA: Chapter XII: Moral Imagination
- what someone else has done or recommended as suitable in a similar instance,
- worries neither about what others have done in such an instance, nor what
- to do it in the particular instance. Here authority is most effective by way
- Title: PoSA: Chapter XIII: The Value of Life
- Our desire, in each instance, is directed to a definite object. The value of
- [We disregard here the instance where excessive
- Title: PoSA: First Appendix
- what occurs in the union of thinking with perception. Instances like the
Rudolf Steiner Archive is maintained by: