Searching The Philosophy of Spiritual Activity
You may select a new search term and repeat your search.
Searches are not case sensitive, and you can use
in your queries.
Query was: joy
Here are the matching lines in their respective documents.
Select one of the highlighted words in the matching lines below to jump
to that point in the document.
- Title: PoSA: Chapter XIII: The Value of Life
- displeasure outweighs pleasure, pain outweighs joy. Existence is a burden,
- income, love (sexual enjoyment), pity, friendship and family life, honor,
- considered, every enjoyment brings much more evil and misery than pleasure
- because in all circumstances an enjoyment produces desire for its
- an experienced enjoyment produces in me the demand for the experience of a
- displeasure follows enjoyment as a natural law, for example when woman's
- sexual enjoyment is followed by the suffering of childbirth and the nursing
- of children, is it possible to regard the enjoyment as the source of pain.
- pleasure. Who does not know the enjoyment caused by the hope of a remote but
- intensely desired aim? This joy is the companion of all labor, the fruits of
- past enjoyment, at the time when the desire was still not satisfied, will
- the pleasure of fulfillment not arisen, but also the enjoyment of desiring
- with my feelings of pleasure, leaves me with a balance of joy or of pain. But
- example, we should tell ourselves that sexual enjoyment is a source of evil,
- anticipating a pleasure far greater than in fact occurs. We want to enjoy,
- enjoyment. Another way is to subject feelings to criticism, and attempt to
- life is no joy and non-existence is preferable to existence.
- genuinely enjoy being appreciated by the multitude, quite irrespective of
- The pleasure already enjoyed is not diminished in the least by such
- does not agree with the profit which has demonstrably been enjoyed from the
- Maximum number of matches per file exceeded.
- Title: PoSA: Second Appendix
- only the pleasures of the senses, misses the essential enjoyments of life.
Rudolf Steiner Archive is maintained by: