Searching Christianity As Mystical Fact
You may select a new search term and repeat your search.
Searches are not case sensitive, and you can use
in your queries.
Query was: augustine
Here are the matching lines in their respective documents.
Select one of the highlighted words in the matching lines below to jump
to that point in the document.
- Title: CaMF: Chapter 6: Egyptian Mystery Wisdom
- understand the words of Augustine, I should not believe the Gospel
- Title: CaMF: Chapter 11: The Essence of Christianity
- distance had to be traveled before Augustine's conviction could become
- Title: CaMF: Chapter 12: Christianity and Pagan Wisdom
- inner life is conscious of its cosmic significance. Augustine's
- we see, Augustine adds significantly, Because they are, we see them
- Title: CaMF: Chapter 13: Augustine and the Church
- Chapter 13: Augustine and the Church
- religion is shown in the person of Augustine (354430). When we see
- how this conflict has become resolved in the spirit of Augustine we
- Augustine was a personality in whom deep spiritual needs developed out
- At the beginning of his struggles Augustine's thoughts clung to the
- demonstration in sense-impressions comes to an end. Augustine relates
- And Augustine perceived that there is
- spirit into the spiritual world. Augustine had struggled through to
- Mysteries. In the age of Augustine such convictions could lead a man
- Augustine received the teachings of Ambrose. All his doubts about the
- for Augustine in the historical tradition of the Gospels and in the
- Augustine's method of thinking told him that since the
- way is that actually taken by Augustine, by which he became the great
- traditions. Augustine rejected the first way as springing from pride
- necessarily directed to the way of the Mysteries, Augustine was able
- perception can only attain to that which led Augustine to self
- Title: CaMF: Contents
- Title: CaMF: Translators Notes
- Augustine, St., one of the four great Fathers of the Latin
- reference is to Augustine's work, Against the Epistle of Manichaeus
- Augustine's Confessions, Book XIII, 38. The Loeb Library
- Augustine, Confessions, Book V, Ch. 10.
- Augustine, Confessions, Book X, Ch. 6.
- Augustine, De Trinitate, Book X, Ch. 14.
- Augustine, De civitate Dei, The City of God, Book XI, Ch. 26.
- Augustine, Confessions, Book VI, Ch. 4.
- Augustine, Confessions, Book VI, Ch. 5.
- Augustine, Contra Faustum, 33:6.
- Augustine, De quantitate Animae, 7076.
- Title: CaMF: Reference Guide to Principal Themes in Christianity As Mystical Fact, Based on Other Works by Rudolf Steiner
Rudolf Steiner Archive is maintained by: