Searching Christianity As Mystical Fact
You may select a new search term and repeat your search.
Searches are not case sensitive, and you can use
in your queries.
Query was: demeter
Here are the matching lines in their respective documents.
Select one of the highlighted words in the matching lines below to jump
to that point in the document.
- Title: CaMF: Chapter 5: Mystery Wisdom and Myth
- The Eleusinian Festivals, celebrated in Greece in honor of Demeter and
- temples were erected in honor of the goddess Demeter. She is a
- kidnaped by Pluto, the god of the nether world. Demeter, lamenting,
- daughters of Keleus, a local ruler, found Demeter sitting on a rock.
- Henceforth the bestowal of immortality was impossible. Demeter left
- the house. Keleus built a temple. Demeter's sorrow for Persephone was
- Demeter was reconciled; she returned to Olympus. But in Eleusis, the
- The meaning of the Demeter-Persephone myth is not difficult to
- descended from Demeter, the immortal. But it is carried off by the
- transitory. Demeter represents that being from which human
- of the earth. Thus Demeter is the archetypal being of the earth, and
- being. This being wishes to endow humanity with immortality. Demeter
- pure power of fire (the spirit). Demeter must desist. She can only
- Eleusis, together with Demeter and Persephone. As in Demeter was
- had to be celebrated together with Demeter. (A splendid presentation of the
- Title: CaMF: Reference Guide to Principal Themes in Christianity As Mystical Fact, Based on Other Works by Rudolf Steiner
Rudolf Steiner Archive is maintained by: