Searching Christianity As Mystical Fact
You may select a new search term and repeat your search.
Searches are not case sensitive, and you can use
in your queries.
Query was: osiris
Here are the matching lines in their respective documents.
Select one of the highlighted words in the matching lines below to jump
to that point in the document.
- Title: CaMF: Chapter 5: Mystery Wisdom and Myth
- Let us consider the Egyptian mystery of Osiris in this light.
- Gradually Osiris had become one of the most important Egyptian
- formed itself around the figures of Osiris and his consort Isis.
- Osiris was the son of the sun god; Typhon-Set was his brother and Isis
- his sister. Osiris married his sister. With her he reigned over Egypt.
- The evil brother, Typhon, plotted the destruction of Osiris. He caused
- a casket to be made of the exact size of Osiris. At a banquet the
- one succeeded in this but Osiris. He laid himself in it. Then Typhon
- and his accomplices hurled themselves upon Osiris, closed the casket
- different districts. Various tombs of Osiris were shown in Egypt. Here
- to rest. Osiris himself ascended from the nether world and conquered
- Typhon; a ray from Osiris then fell upon Isis, who bore him the son
- In the myth of Osiris the mystic is able to find these thoughts about
- elements. The god (Osiris) has been slain. Man, with his cognition,
- Title: CaMF: Chapter 6: Egyptian Mystery Wisdom
- different parts of Egypt, Osiris gradually became the favorite and
- thought about Osiris, the Book of the Dead indicates that according to
- judgment before Osiris, who is surrounded by forty-two judges of the
- saying, The Osiris N. has been purified in the pool which is south of
- eternal part of man is addressed as an Osiris. After the title Osiris,
- himself Osiris. I am Osiris N. Growing under the blossoms of the
- fig tree is the name of Osiris N.
- Thus man becomes an Osiris. The
- Osiris-existence is only a perfect stage of development of human
- existence. It seems obvious that even the Osiris who judges within the
- the mystery of number. The cosmic being Osiris is One; nevertheless
- he exists undivided in every human soul. Each man is an Osiris, yet
- the one Osiris must be represented as a special being. Man is engaged
- already reached the gate of the eternal cosmic order as an Osiris can
- really enter upon Osiris-existence. So the highest life man can lead
- must consist in changing himself into an Osiris. In the true man an
- Osiris must already live as perfectly as possible during mortal life.
- Man becomes perfect when he lives as an Osiris, when he experiences
- what Osiris has experienced. In this way the Osiris myth receives its
- awaken the eternal within him. Osiris had been torn to pieces, killed
- Maximum number of matches per file exceeded.
- Title: CaMF: Chapter 9: The Apocalypse of John
- follows the Christian path. As once Osiris was threatened by the evil
- Title: CaMF: Reference Guide to Principal Themes in Christianity As Mystical Fact, Based on Other Works by Rudolf Steiner
Rudolf Steiner Archive is maintained by: