Searching Christianity As Mystical Fact
You may select a new search term and repeat your search.
Searches are not case sensitive, and you can use
in your queries.
Query was: socrates
Here are the matching lines in their respective documents.
Select one of the highlighted words in the matching lines below to jump
to that point in the document.
- Title: CaMF: Chapter 4: Plato as a Mystic
- of Socrates. We need not touch on the historical aspect here. What
- matters is the character of Socrates as represented by Plato. Socrates
- mixture of pleasure and of pain together, when I thought that Socrates
- And the dying Socrates instructs his pupils
- that he can see this spirit? Socrates indicates living experiences.
- to dying? Other people this is Socrates' opinion are likely
- To reinforce this, Socrates asks one of his friends,
- After this Socrates is
- senses? Socrates explains himself on this: Now, how about the
- in its material form only. Would not that man, asks Socrates, do
- Socrates also bases all
- Socrates. He has courage who not only disregards his body but follows
- And thus it is with all virtues, according to Socrates.
- Socrates proceeds to characterize intelligent insight itself. What
- For this reason Socrates says, When the soul reflects alone by
- paths along which Socrates guides his friends to the eternal. All
- perception, and another when his spirit is alone with itself. Socrates
- eternal. The dying Socrates does not prove immortality: he simply
- assumes crookedness. Continuing from this, Socrates says, If the
- Let us trace the whole development of this dialogue, in which Socrates
- Maximum number of matches per file exceeded.
- Title: CaMF: Chapter 5: Mystery Wisdom and Myth
- causes Socrates to reject a purely rational explanation of this myth.
- explanations, says Socrates, are very subtle and may be very
- teacher of love, was for Socrates
- Title: CaMF: Reference Guide to Principal Themes in Christianity As Mystical Fact, Based on Other Works by Rudolf Steiner
Rudolf Steiner Archive is maintained by: