Searching The History of Art
You may select a new search term and repeat your context+checked search.
Searches are not case sensitive, and you can use
in your queries.
Query type: context+checked
Query was: holbein
Here are the matching lines in their respective documents.
Select one of the highlighted words in the matching lines below
to jump to that point in the document.
- Title: History of Art: Lecture II: Leonardo, Michelangelo and Raphael
- on the tree great masters of the Renaissance, we shall speak of Holbein,
- Title: History of Art: Lecture III: Dürer and Holbein
- Dürer and Holbein
- in Middle Europe up to the time when Dürer and Holbein entered
- 55. Holbein. Charles de Morette. (Dresden.)
- Holbein, an artist essentially different from Dürer. Born in
- man is living, is stamped upon his soul and character. Holbein
- 56. Holbein. Erasmus of Rotterdam. (Basel.)
- 57. Holbein. Sir Thomas More. (Brussels.)
- 58. Holbein. The Artist's Family;. (Basel.)
- 59. Holbein. Madonna of the Burgomaster Mayer.
- as a second version by Holbein himself. Here you will see the
- extreme realism of Holbein, whereas in Dürer there are those
- elements. I'm sorry we have no slides of Holbein's ‘Dance of
- Death.’ Perhaps we may show these another time, for Holbein is
- Title: History of Art: Lecture V: Rembrandt
- the great figures of Albrecht Dürer, Holbein and others. Then, as we
- Title: History of Art: Lecture VIII: Raphael and the Northern Artists
- It was out of this mood and feeling that Holbein himself created his
- In Holbein's Dance of Death the object was especially to show how Death
- object was to show Death as a righteous judge. Holbein in his Dance
- 44a. Holbein. Death and the King.
- 44b. Holbein. Death and the Monk.
- 45. Holbein. Death and the Rich Man.
- of Dürer and Holbein. And yet how short was the intervening time!
- in Dürer, Holbein and the rest, though the latter were also influenced
- beginnings, and that produced Dürer and Holbein and the others,
Rudolf Steiner Archive is maintained by: