Searching The Philosophy of Spiritual Activity
You may select a new search term and repeat your search.
Searches are not case sensitive, and you can use
in your queries.
Query was: tone
Here are the matching lines in their respective documents.
Select one of the highlighted words in the matching lines below to jump
to that point in the document.
- Title: PoSA: Introduction - Rudolf Steiner as a Philosopher
- doctrine that man's actions are free by saying that if a stone thrown by
- Title: PoSA: Chapter I: The Conscious Human Deed
- recognize this more clearly, let us imagine a perfectly simple case. A stone,
- external cause has ceased. The continued motion of the stone is a compelled
- external cause. What is true here for the stone is true also for every other
- “Now, please, suppose that during its motion the stone thinks and
- This stone which is conscious only of its striving and is by no means
- stone continues a definite movement after being put in motion, just as
- “It is easy to explain why the movement of a stone seems to us necessary,
- while the will-impulse of a donkey does not. The causes which set the stone
- Title: PoSA: Chapter III: Thinking in the Service of Understanding the World
- as, for instance, a change is caused in an object by a stone which falls
- stone is thrown against it. But I very definitely do learn something about
- Title: PoSA: Chapter IV: The World as Perception
- example, that of the color red or of a certain tone, is not possible without
- Title: PoSA: Chapter V: The Act of Knowing the World
- Let me make myself clearer by an example. If I throw a stone horizontally
- the conditions under which the stone moves, I find that the path traversed
- is identical with the line I know as a parabola. That the stone moves just
- Title: PoSA: Chapter XIII: The Value of Life
- When sufferings and misery have toned down our desire and yet our aim is
- Title: PoSA: Inside Dust Jacket
- book is a milestone in the development of modern creative thinking.
Rudolf Steiner Archive is maintained by: