Searching Mysticism at the Dawn of the Modern Age
You may select a new search term and repeat your search.
Searches are not case sensitive, and you can use
in your queries.
Query was: basel
Here are the matching lines in their respective documents.
Select one of the highlighted words in the matching lines below to jump
to that point in the document.
- Title: Chapter: About the Author, the People, and the Background of this Book
- life work. On his travels he came into contact — particularly in Basel
- visited by repeated earthquakes, one of which shook Basel with such force that
- he was long identified with the famous Nicholas of Basel, a noted Friend of God,
- The Council of Basel, which had convened intermittently since 1417, was
- Shortly after his attendance at the Council of Basel, Nicolas was sent to
- His work at Basel and Constantinople attracted the attention of the Pope, so
- rule as Frederick IV. Just at that time the Council of Basel had appointed an
- influence to the support of Eugenius in opposition to the Council of Basel,
- sixteen he entered the University of Basel. However, his restless nature and
- When Paracelsus returned to Basel in 1527 he was appointed city physician,
- Basel and the surrounding towns, was brought to him and cured. For two or
- such a physician practiced in Basel!
- pharmacists of Basel, for Paracelsus had worked out his own system of drug
- drugs sold in Basel, to be certain that the apothecaries really knew their
- friends advised him to leave Basel without delay, for his enemies would
- justices. Paracelsus took this advice, and departed from Basel in haste.
- Title: Cover: Mysticism at the Dawn of the Modern Age
- Rudolf Steiner-Nachlassverwaltung, Dornach-bei-Basel, Switzerland.
- Title: Preface: Preface to the 1923 Edition
- Goetheanum in Dornach bei Basel, Switzerland
Rudolf Steiner Archive is maintained by: