Searching Mysticism at the Dawn of the Modern Age
You may select a new search term and repeat your search.
Searches are not case sensitive, and you can use
in your queries.
Query was: bishop
Here are the matching lines in their respective documents.
Select one of the highlighted words in the matching lines below to jump
to that point in the document.
- Title: Chapter: About the Author, the People, and the Background of this Book
- had been raised to the level of a fine art. John of Salisbury, Bishop of
- honor: he was called by the Franciscan, Heinrich von Virneberg, Archbishop
- Venice. A few months later, the Archbishop of Cologne who already had had
- Archbishop called in two experts in heresy, the Franciscans Benherus Friso
- against him before the court of the Archbishop of Cologne. About three weeks
- itinerant lay-preacher. The Bishop of Utrecht granted him a license as a
- Cardinal. Two years later he was appointed Bishop of Britten.
- personal protection of the great Hermann von Wied, Archbishop of Cologne,
- he could pursue his work undisturbed and in peace. Archbishop Ernst of
- bombast, fustian not to be paralleled,” and the celebrated English Bishop
- von Rostock, who meanwhile had become Prince-Bishop of Breslau. Seven years
- later the Prince-Bishop died suddenly, and a sadness settled upon Angelus
Rudolf Steiner Archive is maintained by: