Searching Mysticism at the Dawn of the Modern Age
You may select a new search term and repeat your search.
Searches are not case sensitive, and you can use
in your queries.
Query was: francis
Here are the matching lines in their respective documents.
Select one of the highlighted words in the matching lines below to jump
to that point in the document.
- Title: Chapter: About the Author, the People, and the Background of this Book
- frequently entered into disputation with Franciscans in defense of Dominican
- which the Franciscans chose to bring forward against them.
- explain why the Franciscans cherished no particular liking for him. With
- regard to his disputations with the Franciscans, Eckhart said, “When I
- honor: he was called by the Franciscan, Heinrich von Virneberg, Archbishop
- But the matter did not stop there. Perhaps sensing that if Franciscans had
- Archbishop called in two experts in heresy, the Franciscans Benherus Friso
- Franciscan philosopher and scientist, Roger Bacon. When Jan was eleven years
- result of the victorious advance into Italy by the armies of Francis I of
- Lyons to accept a post as physician to Louise of Savoy, mother of Francis I.
- At the very end of his life, while he was visiting Paris, Francis I had him
- Francisco Pizarro, of the proclamation of Anne Boleyn, soon to be the mother
- taking shape, and the raids on the Spanish American coasts by Sir Francis
- the Catholic church in Breslau. Now a Franciscan priest, he organized the
- Fra Angelico, it depicts the historic meeting between St. Francis and St.
- Eckhart, a Dominican, and concludes with Angelus Silesius, a Franciscan. Midway
- Franciscans, for whom the essence of creation was expressed in the word
- Title: Chapter: Cardinal Nicolas of Cusa
- Suarez und die Scholastik der letzten Jahrhunderte, Francisco Suarez and the
Rudolf Steiner Archive is maintained by: