Searching Mysticism at the Dawn of the Modern Age
You may select a new search term and repeat your search.
Searches are not case sensitive, and you can use
in your queries.
Query was: franciscan
Here are the matching lines in their respective documents.
Select one of the highlighted words in the matching lines below to jump
to that point in the document.
- Title: Chapter: About the Author, the People, and the Background of this Book
- frequently entered into disputation with Franciscans in defense of Dominican
- which the Franciscans chose to bring forward against them.
- explain why the Franciscans cherished no particular liking for him. With
- regard to his disputations with the Franciscans, Eckhart said, “When I
- honor: he was called by the Franciscan, Heinrich von Virneberg, Archbishop
- But the matter did not stop there. Perhaps sensing that if Franciscans had
- Archbishop called in two experts in heresy, the Franciscans Benherus Friso
- Franciscan philosopher and scientist, Roger Bacon. When Jan was eleven years
- the Catholic church in Breslau. Now a Franciscan priest, he organized the
- Eckhart, a Dominican, and concludes with Angelus Silesius, a Franciscan. Midway
- Franciscans, for whom the essence of creation was expressed in the word
Rudolf Steiner Archive is maintained by: