You may select a new search term and repeat your search.
Searches are not case sensitive, and you can use
in your queries.
Query was: gerson
Here are the matching lines in their respective documents.
Select one of the highlighted words in the matching lines below to jump
to that point in the document.
- Title: Chapter: The Friendship with God
- spiritual road found a spirited opponent in Jean de Gerson (born 1363), who
- compares it with the mystical endeavors of Gerson, whose predecessors were
- It is different with spirits of Gerson's kind.
- highest wisdom must become apparent to the mystical seeing; Gerson believed
- (that of the Church). For Gerson mysticism was nothing but one's having a
- is also born in the soul. Therefore Gerson reproves Ruysbroeck for imagining
- this seeing. Ruysbroeck simply could not be understood by Gerson. They were
- that life of the soul which lives its God; Gerson sees only a life of the
- itself. Like so many others Gerson too fought against something which was