Searching Mysticism at the Dawn of the Modern Age
You may select a new search term and repeat your search.
Searches are not case sensitive, and you can use
in your queries.
Query was: inquisition
Here are the matching lines in their respective documents.
Select one of the highlighted words in the matching lines below to jump
to that point in the document.
- Title: Chapter: About the Author, the People, and the Background of this Book
- attacked by the Inquisition. This book is evidence of Eckhart's careful study
- the shadows the agents of the Inquisition waited, listening, watching,
- against this too-popular preacher should be laid before the Inquisition.
- of the Inquisition, he said, “While the Church can refuse us the sacrament
- Inquisition, and he went to England on a diplomatic mission for Maximilian
- most dreaded agents of the Inquisition, the notorious Nicholas Savin.
- which had attracted the attention of the Inquisition, and for a time he was
- Antwerp 1531, which the Inquisition did their best to prevent, Henry
- teachings by the Inquisition long after his death — has been kept alive
- Inquisition reprimanded Bruno sharply. Plans were made to bring him before a
- court of the Inquisition, but Bruno secretly left Naples and went to Rome,
- the Inquisition. But Bruno brushed their fears aside. He had confidence in
- From the moment he had arrived in Italy the spies of the Inquisition were on
- prison of the Inquisition. He was charged with many heresies, most serious
- the Roman Inquisition, and for seven years he experienced the terrors of the
Rudolf Steiner Archive is maintained by: