Searching Mysticism at the Dawn of the Modern Age
You may select a new search term and repeat your search.
Searches are not case sensitive, and you can use
in your queries.
Query was: merswin
Here are the matching lines in their respective documents.
Select one of the highlighted words in the matching lines below to jump
to that point in the document.
- Title: Chapter: About the Author, the People, and the Background of this Book
- banker of Strassburg, Rulman Merswin. His story is somewhat typical of that
- of a good family of Strassburg in 1307, Rulman Merswin was a man of business
- later, on the day of Saint Martin, November 1l, 1347, Merswin was walking in
- At this time Johannes Tauler became his confessor, and Merswin told him of
- passions, not our flesh and blood.” Merswin obeyed, and only a short while
- On October 9, 1364 Rulman Merswin had a dream in which he was told that a
- God in Strassburg. Not long after this, Merswin was visited by a mysterious
- identified him with Rulman Merswin himself, as a sort of “double,”
- In any case, The Friend of God from the Oberland visited Merswin and told
- him that he had had a dream that Merswin would establish a retreat for the
- Friends of God at Strassburg. Merswin told him that he himself had had the
- with the Friend of God from the Oberland, Merswin was walking by the river
- Merswin opened the house of the Friends of God on the Green Island, which
- official religious Order. Five years later Merswin completed arrangements
- Green Island.” Not long after this Merswin's wife died, and he spent his
- who came there from far and near. Rulman Merswin died in the House of St.
- been written by Rulman Merswin himself. It was copied and recopied, and was
- of Boehme, Weigel, Paracelsus, Bruno, Tauler and Rulwin Merswin. One volume of
- Title: Chapter: The Friendship with God
- books attributed to him originated with someone else (Rulman Merswin).
Rudolf Steiner Archive is maintained by: