Searching Mysticism at the Dawn of the Modern Age
You may select a new search term and repeat your search.
Searches are not case sensitive, and you can use
in your queries.
Query was: papal
Here are the matching lines in their respective documents.
Select one of the highlighted words in the matching lines below to jump
to that point in the document.
- Title: Chapter: About the Author, the People, and the Background of this Book
- city of Strassburg in the Papal Jubilee year of 1300, two years before the
- lead to a weakening of the papal position in France as well as Germany, the
- papal interdict.
- uncertain terms the papal interference in German affairs, and the Electors
- in Germany, for despite the papal ban, church services continued in some
- congregations. With great courage, in defiance of both papal ban and agents
- the country were not freed from the papal ban for as much as twenty-six
- pulpit in defiance of papal ban and the Black Death and bore witness to the
- In the years following the Black Death and the papal ban, Tauler continued
- that in 1440 Nicolas was sent to Germany as papal legate at a very critical
- one perhaps can see the fruit of the work of Nicolas of Cusa as papal legate
- death of the painter, Raphael, and of Luther's burning of the papal bull,
Rudolf Steiner Archive is maintained by: