Searching Mysticism at the Dawn of the Modern Age
You may select a new search term and repeat your search.
Searches are not case sensitive, and you can use
in your queries.
Query was: plato
Here are the matching lines in their respective documents.
Select one of the highlighted words in the matching lines below to jump
to that point in the document.
- Title: Chapter: About the Author, the People, and the Background of this Book
- opening of his famous Platonic Academy in Florence, the institution renowned
- events of the Renaissance period. In these years the Aldine edition of Plato
- with such classical mystics as Dionysius and the Neo-Platonists. But with
- The teachings of the Neo-Platonists and of Nicolas of Cusa formed the basis
- classic Platonic and Aristotelian impulses into later times, expresses their
- Title: Chapter: Agrippa of Nettesheim and Theophrastus Paracelsus
- the ancient Egyptians, among the Neoplatonists, and in the Cabala. Man is
- Title: Chapter: The Friendship with God
- this sense. And through him the master was transformed from a contemplator
- Title: Chapter: Introduction
- shown that the meaning of Neoplatonist wisdom, of which he speaks at this
- who has no experience of it. He will always insist: Plato and you are two.
- Paradoxical as it may sound, it is true: the idea which Plato represented to
- They are one and the same idea. And there are not two ideas, one in Plato's
- head, the other in mine; rather in the higher sense Plato's head and mine
Rudolf Steiner Archive is maintained by: