Searching Mysticism at the Dawn of the Modern Age
You may select a new search term and repeat your search.
Searches are not case sensitive, and you can use
in your queries.
Query was: pope
Here are the matching lines in their respective documents.
Select one of the highlighted words in the matching lines below to jump
to that point in the document.
- Title: Chapter: About the Author, the People, and the Background of this Book
- whom Dante criticized by placing him in the Inferno during the Pope's
- were soon to result in the “Babylonian Captivity” of the Popes at
- Philip the Fair, and with the passive agreement of the French-born Pope,
- On March 27, 1329 Pope John XXII issued a bull describing certain of Meister
- Germany, and Pope John XXII, which had been increasing steadily for nearly a
- Pope called upon the German ruler to abdicate, saying that no one could
- rightfully wear the German crown who did not have the Pope's express
- approval to do so. Louis angrily refused, with the result that the Pope
- But the times were against the Pope and his French ally, Charles IV, whom he
- interdict of the Pope, brought great hardship to the people. Some areas of
- famous letter in reply to the Pope's invitation to come to Rome in order to
- His work at Basel and Constantinople attracted the attention of the Pope, so
- “anti-pope,” called Felix V, in opposition to Pope Eugenius IV.
- IV and Pope Nicolas V signed the Concordat of Vienna, by which the German
- as a diplomat traveling in the service of the Pope.
- opposition to militaristic plans of Pope Julius II who had laid the
- Cardinal at fourteen, now became Pope Leo X, whose famous exclamation,
- children now inhabited the Vatican as Pope Alexander VI, whose frankly pagan
- Pope Paul IV, also a refugee from persecution by the church, and a member of
Rudolf Steiner Archive is maintained by: