Searching Mysticism at the Dawn of the Modern Age
You may select a new search term and repeat your search.
Searches are not case sensitive, and you can use
in your queries.
Query was: rome
Here are the matching lines in their respective documents.
Select one of the highlighted words in the matching lines below to jump
to that point in the document.
- Title: Chapter: About the Author, the People, and the Background of this Book
- of this Thuringian Dominican, invited Eckhart to Rome to defend the cause of
- appealed to Rome, as he was entitled to do under the rights of his Order.
- However, on February 22, Eckhart was informed that his application to Rome
- famous letter in reply to the Pope's invitation to come to Rome in order to
- moment in the relations between Germany and the Church of Rome.
- church was firmly rebound to Rome, Nicolas of Cusa was raised to the rank of
- cornerstone for the new basilica of St. Peter's in Rome six years before.
- and Leonardo da Vinci left Rome for the last time enroute to his three year
- But the unsettled times — now accentuated by the terrible sack of Rome by
- Sistine Chapel at Rome.
- Rome, Giordano Bruno was born beneath the shadow of Mount Vesuvius in the
- court of the Inquisition, but Bruno secretly left Naples and went to Rome,
- Order, charged him with heresy, and orders for his arrest were sent to Rome.
- hood which I had kept by me when I left Rome.”
- through the lagoons to Ancona, where he remained until he was taken to Rome.
- a most significant phase of inner development ... The flames in Rome are a
Rudolf Steiner Archive is maintained by: