Searching Mysticism at the Dawn of the Modern Age
You may select a new search term and repeat your search.
Searches are not case sensitive, and you can use
in your queries.
Query was: ruysbroeck
Here are the matching lines in their respective documents.
Select one of the highlighted words in the matching lines below to jump
to that point in the document.
- Title: Chapter: About the Author, the People, and the Background of this Book
- Jan van Ruysbroeck was born in the little village of Ruysbroeck on the Senne
- At the age of twenty-four Jan van Ruysbroeck was ordained a priest, and was
- However, as Jan van Ruysbroeck's fiftieth birthday approached, he had a
- the Augustinian canons. And the moving spirit was Jan van Ruysbroeck
- asked to speak with Jan van Ruysbroeck. They wished his advice concerning
- Ruysbroeck about his experiences with the Friends of God.
- Jan van Ruysbroeck.
- attitude toward life which Jan van Ruysbroeck manifested. The result was
- Jan van Ruysbroeck's last days were spent quietly in the community at
- Gerhart Groote survived Jan van Ruysbroeck by three years Meanwhile, a young
- Years after the deaths of Jan van Ruysbroeck and Gerhard Groote, a
- he was preceded by Meister Eckhart, Tauler, Suso, van Ruysbroeck, and
- Title: Chapter: The Friendship with God
- Ruysbroeck (1293–1381) one encounters personalities in whose life and work
- Heinrich Suso and Jan van Ruysbroeck had a spiritual disposition which can
- Jan van Ruysbroeck, the Belgian mystic, walked the same paths as Suso. His
- nature of the mysticism cultivated by Tauler, Suso, and Ruysbroeck if one
- Richard of St. Victor, Bonaventura, and others. — Ruysbroeck himself fought
- Ruysbroeck did not count himself among these, for he knew that one cannot
- such as Ruysbroeck's this would be just as if one were to say: That for our
- them externally from one side or another. Ruysbroeck believed that the
- teaching. For Ruysbroeck it was a belief that all content of this teaching
- is also born in the soul. Therefore Gerson reproves Ruysbroeck for imagining
- this seeing. Ruysbroeck simply could not be understood by Gerson. They were
- speaking of two totally different things. Ruysbroeck has his eye fixed on
Rudolf Steiner Archive is maintained by: