Searching Mysticism at the Dawn of the Modern Age
You may select a new search term and repeat your search.
Searches are not case sensitive, and you can use
in your queries.
Query was: scheffler
Here are the matching lines in their respective documents.
Select one of the highlighted words in the matching lines below to jump
to that point in the document.
- Title: Chapter: About the Author, the People, and the Background of this Book
- Scheffler (Angelus Silesius), knew Jacob Boehme, and described the latter's
- in America, Johannes Scheffler was born in the German city of Breslau in
- shortly before her death. At the age of nineteen Johannes Scheffler
- Leyden and remained there two years. While he was at Leyden Scheffler
- From Leyden, Scheffler went to the greatest medical school at that time,
- Johannes Scheffler was appointed Court physician to the strict Lutheran Duke
- Sylvanus Nimrod at Oels in Württemberg. Shortly before Scheffler arrived in
- At the same time that Scheffler came to Oels, an older man also arrived in
- play an important role in the life of Scheffler. This man was Abraham von
- Boehme; as Scheffler's friend he was to guide the latter on his spiritual
- Johannes Scheffler was attracted to von Franckenberg at their first meeting,
- to Scheffler. Among these works, which Scheffler referred to as “a real
- and in the handwriting of Scheffler, the words, “From my faithful friend,
- contains extensive notations in Scheffler's handwriting.
- Shortly after von Franckenberg's death, Scheffler decided to write a book
- declined to so much as speak with Scheffler about it. This was a
- turning-point in Scheffler's spiritual life. He realized that the Lutheran
- Among the writers whom Scheffler had quoted in his book, many were Catholic.
- Breslau in thorough study of them. On June 12, 1653 Johannes Scheffler
- As Abraham von Franckenberg had been a strong influence in Scheffler's life
- Maximum number of matches per file exceeded.
- Title: Chapter: Giordano Bruno and Angelus Silesius
- prepared shine once more in a great spiritual harmony, Johann Scheffler,
Rudolf Steiner Archive is maintained by: