Searching Mysticism at the Dawn of the Modern Age
You may select a new search term and repeat your search.
Searches are not case sensitive, and you can use
in your queries.
Query was: silesius
Here are the matching lines in their respective documents.
Select one of the highlighted words in the matching lines below to jump
to that point in the document.
- Title: Chapter: About the Author, the People, and the Background of this Book
- Louis of France, leader of the last Crusade, died. When Angelus Silesius
- Scheffler (Angelus Silesius), knew Jacob Boehme, and described the latter's
- Darmstadt, so he added “Silesius” from his birthplace, calling himself
- Johannes Angelus Silesius, by which he is known to posterity.
- Sebastian von Rostock invited Angelus Silesius to his palace, and after
- Nevertheless the title alone gave Angelus Silesius good reputation in
- Rostock give his imprimatur to Angelus Silesius' Geistreiche Sinn und
- composer, Henry Purcell. In 1674 Angelus Silesius' collection of some two
- Angelus Silesius became extremely zealous in developing the activities of
- drive the lesson home to observers, Angelus Silesius himself carried the
- were a period of intense controversy, for in that time Angelus Silesius
- In 1664 Angelus Silesius was appointed marshal and counsellor to Sebastian
- Silesius which did not leave him until death.
- Franckenberg, now a third man befriended Angelus Silesius. This was Bernard
- Angelus Silesius was received with warmth and kindliness at Grüssau. He
- last three months of Angelus Silesius' life were marked by severe suffering,
- last days Angelus Silesius repeated again and again, “Tranquillity is the
- Eckhart, a Dominican, and concludes with Angelus Silesius, a Franciscan. Midway
- Title: Contents: Mysticism at the Dawn of the Modern Age
- Title: Chapter: Epilogue
- Almost two and a half centuries have passed since Angelus Silesius gathered
- Silesius, would needs feel the most profound satisfaction in the contemplation
- I find in Jacob Boehme and Angelus Silesius. This higher piety is rather in
- in entering upon the road which Jacob Boehme and Angelus Silesius pursued in
- Title: Chapter: Giordano Bruno and Angelus Silesius
- Giordano Bruno and Angelus Silesius
- called Angelus Silesius (1624–1677) appeared in the seventeenth century.
- shining with a heightened luminosity. And everything Angelus Silesius utters
- difficulty. — In the sense of Angelus Silesius only he partakes of true
- Title: Chapter: Introduction
- beginning with Meister Eckhart (1260–1327) and ending with Angelus Silesius
- but that the divine is awakened in man. For this Angelus Silesius has
- Title: Preface: Preface to the First Edition, 1901
- Angelus Silesius. Of other “contradictions” which someone or other might
Rudolf Steiner Archive is maintained by: