Searching Mysticism at the Dawn of the Modern Age
You may select a new search term and repeat your search.
Searches are not case sensitive, and you can use
in your queries.
Query was: thomas
Here are the matching lines in their respective documents.
Select one of the highlighted words in the matching lines below to jump
to that point in the document.
- Title: Chapter: About the Author, the People, and the Background of this Book
- of Thomas Aquinas, whose work had advanced Scholasticism to a place of first
- writings of Thomas Aquinas and Albertus Magnus against any charges of heresy
- and counsellor of Thomas Becket of Canterbury, whose assassination he
- says,” and the “Master” almost always meant Thomas Aquinas, whom
- Through the Dominican stream the Scholasticism of Thomas Aquinas came to
- name was Thomas a Kempis, and his Imitatio Christi, Imitation of Christ,
- appeared. Thomas also was the biographer of Gerhard Groote, and his impression
- At the conclusion of Thomas' Life of Gerhard Groote is a collection of
- Trismegistus. This was the year when Sir Thomas More wrote his Utopia,
- of Sir Thomas More, and five years after that of Erasmus.
- the same cloister where Thomas Aquinas had lived three hundred years before.
- that he met Shakespeare in the printing shop of Thomas Vautrollier), to hold
- Title: Chapter: Cardinal Nicolas of Cusa
- which had been brought to its highest flower by Thomas Aquinas (1225–1274),
- Title: Chapter: Meister Eckhart
- theologian of the Middle Ages, Thomas Aquinas, who lived from 1225 to 1274.
- Eckhart was an admirer of Thomas in the fullest sense. This is altogether
- of the Christian church as he assumed such an agreement for Thomas. Eckhart
- wanted to look at them in a different way than had Thomas Aquinas, for
- and the Evangelist and Thomas speak, and yet their testimony of God is not
Rudolf Steiner Archive is maintained by: