Searching Mysticism at the Dawn of the Modern Age
You may select a new search term and repeat your search.
Searches are not case sensitive, and you can use
in your queries.
Query was: venice
Here are the matching lines in their respective documents.
Select one of the highlighted words in the matching lines below to jump
to that point in the document.
- Title: Chapter: About the Author, the People, and the Background of this Book
- Venice. A few months later, the Archbishop of Cologne who already had had
- Maximilian on one of the latter's expeditions against Venice. During his
- appeared in Venice, Niccolo Machiavelli wrote The Prince, a landmark
- Bruno reached Venice after traveling across northern Italy from Turin, but
- of ninety-nine — had died. However, Venice was the center of the publishing
- was the latter who took Bruno's writings to Venice. There these were found by a
- Mocenigo, inviting him to visit him in Venice, promising him safe conduct
- families of Venice. Therefore, Bruno crossed the Alps and descended into
- Italy, arriving in Venice in October, 1591.
- Bruno was kept in the prison at Venice for nine months, and at the end of
Rudolf Steiner Archive is maintained by: