Searching Mysticism at the Dawn of the Modern Age
You may select a new search term and repeat your search.
Searches are not case sensitive, and you can use
in your queries.
Query was: year
Here are the matching lines in their respective documents.
Select one of the highlighted words in the matching lines below to jump
to that point in the document.
- Title: Chapter: About the Author, the People, and the Background of this Book
- year of Goethe's death. Steiner was well qualified for this position,
- years before in Vienna, and had been continued in Weimar, was extended and
- changes in human thinking took place in these four hundred years. The world of
- The year Meister Eckhart was born, Louis IX, known to posterity as Saint
- seventy-two years, was thirty-nine years of age, in the full strength of
- In year 1260 while Marco Polo was on his way to China thus giving birth to new
- in Germany. The one hundred and sixteen years of Hohenstaufen rule
- Hohenstaufen had died six years before Eckhart's birth.
- all its gifts. These were the years when these two opposed attitudes toward
- At about the age of fifteen, around the year 1275, Eckhart entered the
- Dominican monastery at Erfurt, where he remained for nine years in
- preparation for the priesthood. He completed his studies in the year that
- The year 1300 was famous as the Year of Jubilee proclaimed by Boniface VIII,
- lifetime. In this same year Eckhart is mentioned as “Brother Eckhart, Prior
- fortieth year, and about this time he produced a little book which bears the
- was the center of European cultural life. Over one hundred fifty years before,
- Years later Eckhart described his Paris activities in terms which perhaps
- In 1302, the year after the famous Duns Scotus became professor of theology
- In 1304, the year of the birth of Petrarch, Eckhart was appointed provincial
- of the Dominicans for Saxony. Three years later he was appointed
- Maximum number of matches per file exceeded.
- Title: Chapter: Agrippa of Nettesheim and Theophrastus Paracelsus
- there remain, as Wolfgang Ernst Heidel showed in the year 1676, letters
- until the year 1531, although it had been composed as early as 1510, because he
- Title: Chapter: Cardinal Nicolas of Cusa
- Tycho Brahe, still relied a hundred years later when he flung the following
- Title: Chapter: The Friendship with God
- Young 15-Year-Old Boys.) It is entirely sufficient to say of Tauler that at
- year 1497, with a translation in modern German facing the original text. The
- like a drop of water in the great ocean. He speaks of this yearning for the
- Title: Chapter: Introduction
- J. G. Fichte in his Berlin lectures in the year
- in the year 1876. Everywhere we should go only so far as to
- Title: Preface: Preface to the First Edition, 1901
- connection are a vital question of great importance. — Ten years ago I
- only be attained in the course of many years of one's life. Only now, after
- Title: Preface: Preface to the 1923 Edition
- In this work more than twenty years ago, I wanted to answer the question,
- subject in the past twenty years do not, in my opinion, furnish any grounds
Rudolf Steiner Archive is maintained by: