Searching Mysticism at the Dawn of the Modern Age
You may select a new search term and repeat your search.
Searches are not case sensitive, and you can use
in your queries.
Query was: priest
Here are the matching lines in their respective documents.
Select one of the highlighted words in the matching lines below to jump
to that point in the document.
- Title: Chapter: About the Author, the People, and the Background of this Book
- preparation for the priesthood. He completed his studies in the year that
- their priestly functions of celebrating the Mass and preaching to their
- a priest, I would esteem it a great gift that I was able to make shoes, and
- with his friend, the learned priest, Franc van Coudenberg, and himself.
- At the age of twenty-four Jan van Ruysbroeck was ordained a priest, and was
- into the church. As he did so, he saw that a visiting missionary priest had
- that this priest had a serious speech defect. To the uncle's astonishment,
- priests, theological students from the University of Paris, arrived and
- be ordained a priest. This he refused, and refused repeatedly to the end of
- leadership of Wat Tyler, and the priest, John Ball. Stories tell how at the
- Mass, and began to perform the other priestly functions. About this time he
- general of the diocese of Breslau. As a simple parish priest in the village
- the Catholic church in Breslau. Now a Franciscan priest, he organized the
- Title: Chapter: Cardinal Nicolas of Cusa
- priest, which raised him to the dignity of Cardinal, prevented him from
- contrast. — Nicolas was “prevented by his priestly cloth” from
- Title: Chapter: The Friendship with God
- of his vocation as a priest. He is not intent upon confronting Christianity
- pious priest. But nevertheless, in his world of ideas the Scriptures become
- weltpriestere gewiset wart uffe demuetige gehorsamme,
- Humble Obedience by a holy secular Priest, 1338;
- Teutonic Knight, a priest and a custodian in the house of the Teutonic
- and feelings is that of a pious priest of his time. Here it is not a matter
- He too is a pious priest and lives wholly in the Christian realm of
- Title: Preface: Preface to the First Edition, 1901
- Title: Chapter: Valentin Weigel and Jacob Boehme
- himself. The zealotry of priestly fanaticism makes his life difficult. He
Rudolf Steiner Archive is maintained by: