Searching The Riddles of Philosophy
You may select a new search term and repeat your search.
Searches are not case sensitive, and you can use
in your queries.
Query was: comte
Here are the matching lines in their respective documents.
Select one of the highlighted words in the matching lines below to jump
to that point in the document.
- Title: Book: RoP: World Conceptions of Scientific Factuality (Pt2 Ch5)
- century by Auguste Comte (1798 1857). This enterprise, which
- completely rejected by Comte. He argues: If the human spirit wanted to
- of the mind by themselves is not recognized by Comte. Anything that is
- of the mathematical sciences. From this position there follows Comte's
- Lamarck and Darwin. So far as Comte is concerned, the human species is
- unsatisfactory as knowledge for Comte. He has a mathematical bent of
- problem, he considers it to be not ready for science. Comte has no
- What escapes Comte everywhere is the element of life; he expels life
- the motions of the heavenly bodies. Comte constructed a scale of the
- knowledge of human society. Comte strives to make all these sciences
- Comte, with energy and resolution, found his place in the development
- surrendered to abstract ideas. Comte sees the evolution of mankind in
- sociology, is therefore what Comte is especially concerned with, and
- following a natural law. For awhile, Comte was on intimate terms with
- utopias. Comte continued to work with a rare zeal in his original
- same way without the aid of theological and idealistic thoughts. Comte
- facts. Comte expressed thereby, in the most pointed manner, his view
- as a forceful champion of Comte's thought. This was expressed in 1865
- upheld by Comte, that all world conception should be confined to a
- Title: Book: RoP: Modern Man and His World Conception (Pt2 Ch7)
- Comte derived from natural scientific conceptions as a conception of
Rudolf Steiner Archive is maintained by: