Searching The Riddles of Philosophy
You may select a new search term and repeat your search.
Searches are not case sensitive, and you can use
in your queries.
Query was: pherekydes
Here are the matching lines in their respective documents.
Select one of the highlighted words in the matching lines below to jump
to that point in the document.
- Title: Book: RoP: Guiding Thoughts on the Method of Presentation (Pt1 Ch1)
- Greek antiquity. It can be distinctly traced back as far as Pherekydes
- begins with Pherekydes and Thales, culminates in Plato and Aristotle
- Title: Book: RoP: The World Conception of the Greek Thinkers (Pt1 Ch2)
- With Pherekydes of Syros, who lived in the sixth century B.C., a
- But Pherekydes also speaks of three principles of the world: Of
- historical sources on the question of what Pherekydes meant to say in
- reflect on the traditional accounts of Pherekydes, we get the
- Pherekydes arrives at his world picture in a different way from that
- Pherekydes have the idea of the soul in the sense of later thinkers.
- Pherekydes of Syros. He lived in a world in which
- beings. In the meaning of Pherekydes one must no more think of Zeus as
- picture content in the sense of Pherekydes, just as much as one is
- In the view of Pherekydes the world is constituted through the
- As these three primordial entities appear in Pherekydes, they remind
- primeval mothers, those of Pherekydes are somewhat less
- picture-like. This is so because Pherekydes attempts to seize, through
- conception of the Orphic ideas of Pherekydes, as in a certain
- his philosophizing successors in Greece. For Pherekydes feels that he
- his three original causes Pherekydes could only think the
- region that Pherekydes meant to find his three Primordial
- of conceptions took hold of a personality like Pherekydes. Man finds a
- solution, Pherekydes turns toward his Ophioneus. As Pherekydes leans
- For Pherekydes, Ophioneus is not merely a symbolic idea for the
- Maximum number of matches per file exceeded.
Rudolf Steiner Archive is maintained by: