Searching Rudolf Steiner Lectures by GA number (GA0102)
You may select a new search term and repeat your search.
Searches are not case sensitive, and you can use
in your queries.
Query was: day
Here are the matching lines in their respective documents.
Select one of the highlighted words in the matching lines below
to jump to that point in the document.
- Title: Festivals/Easter: Lecture VI: Easter: The Mystery of the Future
- the forms in which, in the cultural development of our day, we quite
- to-day the remembrance of those ancient Gods lives on in peaceful
- of religion and becomes universal. When on Good Friday, in the year
- This is the theme that will be presented to you to-day, in order to
- In connection with this, we will penetrate deeply to-day into the
- connection with that of the Beings of the heavens. To-day we shall go
- ancestors of present-day humanity were living in the West, between
- day and sleep by night, have changed. The normal state to-day is that
- sense-impressions. Such is the life of day. At night, the Ego and
- sense-world and of the waking life of day are obliterated; joy,
- a great deal more than the colours and tones familiar to us to-day.
- perception of the spiritual beings, around him unlike to-day
- silence; the pictures were hardly less numerous than by day, with this
- difference only, that whereas in the waking life of day man perceived
- the spiritual alike by day and by night. By night they were surrounded
- man experiences his fellow-men around him to-day. And the sagas are
- took its further course, the kind of consciousness that is ours to-day
- bodies by day, increased in clarity and definition. Paradoxically
- speaking, night became more intensely night, day more intensely
- Maximum number of matches per file exceeded.
- Title: Influence of Spiritual Beings Upon Man: Lecture I
- seem unnecessary, that today's lecture is intended for those students
- be possible from time to time. One who is a newcomer at these Monday
- lectures may perhaps feel somewhat surprised by what is said today,
- things to be expressed today, but such provinces must be touched upon
- we will speak today.
- other beings are still contained to-day in these other constituents
- of the astral body. To-day we will consider the aspect in which the
- finely and closely one must observe the most everyday things from the
- Title: Influence of Spiritual Beings Upon Man: Lecture II
- THE lecture today we
- of these things today, reminding ourselves, to begin with, that our
- we imply, in a certain respect, that the sun which is today the centre
- stages earlier, what is contained in the sun today had a planetary existence
- But these beings, and the earth as a whole, will one day have progressed
- the sun. Beings who live always in the sun do not have day and night.
- The sense-consciousness which we call the clear consciousness of day
- today call a “Zodiac” — it is the stage higher than
- rarefication. That which today permeates all beings as warmth —
- — but not yet as they are today. The single stars composing the
- today the concept is so fabulous that we have no word with which to
- Title: Influence of Spiritual Beings Upon Man: Lecture III
- our human body. What is to be brought forward today will link on to
- though it is somewhat modified today, and those who have arrived at
- the day. To express the sentence in this form would simply strike modern
- language. When, for example, we can read in an American paper today
- us today in a beautiful way how this Kant-Laplace theory can proceed.
- all of what we see round us today as our plants, minerals, animals.
- by an atmosphere, as today our Earth is surrounded by air, but in relation
- to what we know as atmosphere today it was spiritual. It was entirely
- is today. In fact, seen externally, it could really be pictured as a
- who were as advanced on ancient Saturn as man is on Earth today. These
- but you must not imagine that they were externally like the men of today.
- by a time when the moon too drew out and left our earth as it is today
- to do on such a cosmic body as our present day earth, they needed a
- to that reached today on earth by a seven-year-old child. As they only
- cosmic body split off, Saturn, which you still see in the heavens today.
- through the earth and moon and left behind what to-day we know as iron.
- all the other planets as well! — Science today, however, wonderfully
- with the blood. Today science makes the discovery that the blood is
- bodies independently. What we find in man today as intelligence was
- are today, and if spiritual science were not to combat them.
- Title: Influence of Spiritual Beings Upon Man: Lecture IV
- will be reversed and changed into the good. Today however we want to
- among our elements today, with “fire,” as one says in occultism.
- this substance. If you could eliminate today everything except the warmth
- live like that. Today with our mineral kingdom, fluid kingdom, etc.,
- one could do so. But today you must think away all that you have of
- on the earth today animals — plants — minerals — were
- of Movement, of Form, of Personality, and so forth. To-day we will turn
- and be clear that they have gone through an evolution up to today, just
- had exactly the same knowledge of world evolution as we give out today
- we speak today; for the masses the truths were veiled in pictures and
- these pictures form what today we know as Mythology. In the face of
- again and again: “How marvellously advanced we are today!”
- in man where the ego was trickled in, but today we will consider it
- time did not consist of flesh and blood as it does today; it was a quite
- in the plants of today. He perceived only the soul-nature in the other
- it is today.
- today, we have now followed as a consequence of evolution. You see here
- Man is at work on this today, when through what he ac-quires in his
- gradually learn — though it is impossible today — how to build
- Maximum number of matches per file exceeded.
- Title: Influence of Spiritual Beings Upon Man: Lecture V
- day, from the most varied aspects. We then become increasingly clear
- to be considered too from many different aspects. Today we will consider
- and bodily conditions which we find on the earth today, of the solid
- today is to be clearly conscious that at every later stage of evolution
- is no cause for amazement today. Natural science knows that down in
- rapidly. It was not yet the same as the nerve-substance of today, but
- sun; but their inner consciousness was illumined as today in sleep you
- which exist separately today as metals, minerals, and so on. It is extremely
- being as he appears to us today. The departure of the moon was practically
- it is today; that only developed much later, but the rudiments of the
- of the moon that what today we call the mineral kingdom arose, that
- nothing in your physical body today that is not permeated by mineral
- substance. The human body as it is today has arisen only relatively
- rustling trees, the rippling springs and founts. All that today is articulated
- said today you can also very readily find the facts again in the first
- Title: Influence of Spiritual Beings Upon Man: Lecture VI
- shall concern us today — that of considering man and his evolution
- find it was radically different from that of a human being of today.
- The consciousness of man today is really expressed in what one could
- of to-day, he felt himself one of his tribe. And when he said “I,”
- that signified something entirely different from what it means today.
- In our day, in normal circumstances a man no longer remembers what his
- as one remembers one's youth today. That was denoted by a common
- clumsy and fantastic to the present-day materialistic conception of
- we know today and which we so much wonder at and admire. And when today
- as clouds today let the rain trickle down — and membered itself
- on the old Moon for a quality which we find today on Earth in ever-increasing
- and the Earth the “Cosmos of Love.” As we today, standing
- on the Earth, wonder at the wisdom embedded in it, so one day the beings
- beings living on the Earth today are the instruments of the evolution
- Today we will enlarge
- To-day we are in the 5th race. In the 6th race the external physiognomy
- that matter could someday become quite different from matter. What could
- will never be able to imagine that matter could one day be spiritualized
- that is, that someday something will come about which one calls spiritualization,
- today, then we should have a peculiar picture of the evolution of our
- Maximum number of matches per file exceeded.
- Title: Influence of Spiritual Beings Upon Man: Lecture VII
- to you today about something that to a certain extent falls out of the
- beings already in existence who stood as high as man stands today. There
- were beings too who at that time stood far higher than man stands today.
- We also know that there are beings today who have already attained a
- and who stand today one stage higher than humanity. In the Jupiter-evolution
- man will himself have the consciousness which is possessed today by
- say — as we can often hear today — “Well, why do we
- today we will say something of their qualities and their tasks.
- which will be similar to what the Angels possess today. The Angels today
- of the just completed life. This lasts for two or three days, it differs
- for four to five days. The memory-tableau lasts as long as the person
- stand today looked quite different a few centuries ago; the earth is
- in the physical world today. For it would not have seemed at all important
- world with all that today represents the achievements of civilization.
- be said about the Thrones and so on. Today I wished to relate something
- Title: Influence of Spiritual Beings Upon Man: Lecture VIII
- way in the lecture to be given today.
- We shall today make the
- our Earth evolution which is played today by man. We have seen that
- beings who today stand higher than man were then passing through their
- who are today two stages higher than man, the Fire Spirits, went through
- as we know it today is because it is interpenetrated by etheric body,
- everyday people. The other kind descend too deeply into the body. They
- move forward to a higher racial form. I cannot today speak about the
- that surrounds us, so he who will one day inhabit Jupiter will feel
- And now think of your school days and the principal discoveries that
- to know more exactly, for today we have only learnt their kind of existence
- even today in a strange manner, when certain human natures of specially
- a part of their lower nature. There are such men. No human being, today,
- phenomena. Many bad things in civilization which today seem natural
- Title: Influence of Spiritual Beings Upon Man: Lecture IX
- mind of today as the utmost superstition, but who will play a significant
- of today's lecture that at a by no means very distant time it will be
- prevails today. A time of sheer undiluted materialism in science lies
- today with physical science. And one day the learned will find themselves
- geology, biology, astronomy, and so forth. The theories set up today
- the spiritual-science world-conception speaks today. Such a phenomenon
- experience which plays a role in man's life today — whether
- as exists today. What is then the characteristic difference in comparison
- sleeping in unconsciousness, did not exist formerly. When it was daytime
- as he does today. He saw everything with vague outlines just as you
- If that was the day condition,
- a last relic of ancient clairvoyant sight. Man lived by day in a world
- who were around him as we have the various objects around us today.
- There was thus no sharp division between day and night, and what is
- with whom man went about as today he goes about with his fellow-men,
- single individuals between birth and death. Today a name is given to
- from what it is today will not be able to understand the nature of these
- today from documents and the most important documents are lost! Then
- We can still distinguish today the cities built on this type from those
- of today. Humanity has now descended to the point where not only manners
- Maximum number of matches per file exceeded.
- Title: Influence of Spiritual Beings Upon Man: Lecture X
- the day with other human souls or egos.
- cycle is quite a different being from what he is by day. His physical
- This physical body which man bears today is actually his oldest part,
- body went through a change, and the organs arose which we call today
- today is only one form of many. On the Moon, on the Sun, on Saturn,
- it today. On the Moon the physical human body had not yet assimilated
- The physical body which today has assimilated the mineral kingdom was
- body of the wear and tear which the day has given, which in a broad
- Today we shall learn of
- following: If a person, let us say, has told a lie during the day, its
- its influences into him today when he sleeps. But there are not merely
- today to know of beings which are just as real as the things which we
- what it had been earlier. Today the physical part of the head and the
- Atlantean age and today they coincide. Thereby man is able to say “I”
- back is taken. There are people today who have a much looser etheric
- one day understood, then men will understand that everything our age
- with spiritual principles. Some day men will understand how to build
- today's lecture. Then the Festival, which as we know is established
- Title: Influence of Spiritual Beings Upon Man: Lecture XI
- receives in the night take the form of poetry in the day consciousness.
- in a certain relation to man, and the main point for us today is this:
- impressions of the day. What in a comprehensive sense we call man's
- the day. In the morning the inner soul nature emerges from this spirituality
- Now the new-born day is springing.
- day consciousness and become memories — memories of astral experiences,
- day condition to what whirs through it the whole night. To be unmusical
- experiences their deeds in the sphere harmonies and in the life of day
- to it and when they are brought through into the day consciousness they
- one today speaking broadly calls naturalism, where man merely imitates
- today, copying only what is outside, is a proof that men in our time
- back with it into the life of day. And then men scoff at idealistic,
- We have seen today in the field of the arts that there man accomplishes
- can flash up, artistically conceived. Today we have not got it. But
- today. Let us bring such thoughts with us when we are together for the
Rudolf Steiner Archive is maintained by: