Searching Rudolf Steiner Lectures by GA number (GA0102)
You may select a new search term and repeat your search.
Searches are not case sensitive, and you can use
in your queries.
Query was: member
Here are the matching lines in their respective documents.
Select one of the highlighted words in the matching lines below
to jump to that point in the document.
- Title: Festivals/Easter: Lecture VI: Easter: The Mystery of the Future
- Sweden. Because of the low rate of population remember that
- Death. The Festival of Easter is close upon us and we remember,
- remember that these colourforms surrounding and blurring the sharp
- ancestors remembered that their own forefathers had actually seen what
- true to speak of an equal possibility, on the one side of remembering
- Title: Influence of Spiritual Beings Upon Man: Lecture I
- their organism, their separate members, down into the physical plane.
- Here with the physical eye we see what is extended down below as members
- members down below here, but we meet a whole number of other beings
- whose physical members are not so directly visible and evident as those
- course in the human body, with the members of human nature itself.
- his being, other beings are connected with these human members.
- we have, though not so obviously, the manifestation, the extended members,
- extends its separate members into the separate lion-individuals, so
- Title: Influence of Spiritual Beings Upon Man: Lecture II
- spiritual beings have seven members of their being. Christ, the
- Mystical Lamb, has life-spirit or Budhi as lowest member... January
- get an idea of what this means if you remember that not even the farthest
- forces also correspond, in man, to the higher members of his being,
- man, they have the physical body as one of their members. There are
- beings of whom we must speak differently. The members of which man is
- lowest member is the etheric body; they too are sevenfold, having an
- eighth member, higher than spirit-man. We begin to enumerate thus:
- etheric body, astral body, and so forth, finishing with a member above
- our spirit-man (Atma). There are other beings whose lowest member is
- member. Again there are beings whose lowest member is the ‘I,’
- member; they are described in the Apocalypse as beings who are “full
- the lowest member. They have yet an eleventh member. And finally there
- are beings whose lowest member is the life-spirit and who have yet a
- twelfth member. You must therefore think of beings who, just as man's
- lowest member is a physical body, have life-spirit (Budhi) as their
- lowest member and above, a highest member best designated by the number
- as their lowest member, are in an entirely different position. In respect
- the life-spirit too is an ether body. The twelfth member of these sublime
- his lowest member, which corresponds to Libra (as man's lowest
- Maximum number of matches per file exceeded.
- Title: Influence of Spiritual Beings Upon Man: Lecture III
- You will all remember
- see why that happened when you re-member that highly-evolved beings,
- You will remember that I once showed you how one passes symbolically
- member of the human entity arose and Yahve gave the human being the
- You remember that in my
- Since then man can begin to work consciously from within upon the members
- members had therefore to be kindled from without, and beings from outside
- Title: Influence of Spiritual Beings Upon Man: Lecture IV
- is in the long run again membered into the wisdom of the whole system.
- had no physical body on Saturn, their lowest member was an etheric body
- think of the lowest member of their being as the etheric body. Then
- spirit or Budhi, spirit man or Atma and an eighth member which is a
- can work, no feet with which they can walk, for these are members of
- again. We can form a rough picture of it, if we remember how the rain
- have permeated themselves with it. As the lowest member of their being
- they have not only one member above spirit-man or Atma, but a still
- member which are beyond what man can attain in his completed seven-membered
- astral body also and that their lowest member is the ego. To describe
- for lowest member, so these Spirits of Form in the environment of the
- Moon have the ego as lowest member, then they have spirit-self, life-spirit,
- spirit-man, an eighth, ninth, and a tenth member. Thus they pre-sent
- your egos there as the lowest member, and that they could manifest them-selves
- substances, only the lowest members of the Spirits of Form working in
- spirit-man, to the eighth member. Now we must think of the next stage.
- I, up to the ninth member. Then we pass on to the Moon.
- to man by the Spirits of Form who then have as lowest member the I,
- and spirit-self, and so forth, up to the tenth member. All that we call
- came over from the Moon. Their lowest member is the I or ego. This they
- Maximum number of matches per file exceeded.
- Title: Influence of Spiritual Beings Upon Man: Lecture V
- back to the time of ancient Saturn we remember that of the elements
- Title: Influence of Spiritual Beings Upon Man: Lecture VI
- lecture given here has been carefully thinking it over, and remembering
- ancient Moon, then we remember that the human being had physical body,
- as a member of a whole number of others who belonged to one an-other.
- The ancient member of the Cherusci, the Sugambri, Heruli, Bructeri,
- felt himself in the first place as a member of the Sugambri, Heruli,
- we know that the individual Jew felt absolutely that he was a member
- member of the race felt that this was what gave him his value and position.
- In our day, in normal circumstances a man no longer remembers what his
- father has done, unless he has seen it. He no longer remembers what
- of memory, how far one remembered in the ancestral tree. Why did Adam
- was not designating the single personality, but remembered past generations
- as one remembers one's youth today. That was denoted by a common
- expression, personality did not come into question at all. A man remembered
- as clouds today let the rain trickle down — and membered itself
- Title: Influence of Spiritual Beings Upon Man: Lecture VII
- on his other members as well, but the essential task of earthly existence
- this. — Let us remember here what happens after a man's death
- is the lowest member of their being. The animal has an astral body and
- of God,” because when a member of the Old Covenant looked up to
- Title: Influence of Spiritual Beings Upon Man: Lecture VIII
- the direction of the sub-physical members of the Goblins, Gnomes,
- man. You know that we differentiate various members of man's nature.
- al-ready developed the higher members of the spirit not yet possessed
- to man, who is a three-membered being — spirit, soul, body.
- The different members
- of man when we distinguish his members as physical body, etheric body,
- consists essentially of the four members first named, so that we can
- say that his highest member is the ego or ‘I’ and the lowest is the
- by this when you remember that the ego itself remains the same from
- that the moment some member of our organism is brought to a higher stage
- we have considered the different members of the human being we shall
- be able to set before us the membering of these other beings.
- one. We can also say that if man's higher members were not there
- be interpenetrated by your higher members, and as soon as it is taken
- purely of body and soul. Gnomes, Undines and Sylphs are two-membered
- were told us then. Perhaps you will also remember the discovery of paper.
- The group spirit is metamorphosed and its physical members merely renew
- Title: Influence of Spiritual Beings Upon Man: Lecture IX
- severed parts of group souls. We need only remember what was said at the
- world, similarly formed animals being members of their group ego. We
- to speak, the severing of the members which then extend into the physical
- world, the loss of these members and their renewal.
- as individual or member of social group — that has undergone a
- into the other members they make use of the physical organs and consciousness
- become individual, too. He remembers what he has experienced since birth
- Title: Influence of Spiritual Beings Upon Man: Lecture X
- he may perhaps appear to a naive observation we need only remember that
- in the members remaining here in the physical world, or in those which
- were no minerals in the present earthly sense. Let us remember that
- body and the ego are outside. But now let us remember that the astral
- namely, the nervous system. For only when the astral body membered itself
- man is a spiritual unity, that what happens in his higher members, the
- Now let us remember something
- Title: Influence of Spiritual Beings Upon Man: Lecture XI
- but who have an etheric body as their lowest member. They are invisible
- spiritual beings whose lowest member is the astral body, presenting
- astral body as their lowest member need, however, something different
- the astral body but is united with the etheric body. That is the member
- — that united with these three members is what one generally comprises
- spirit-self or Manas. If we place this more particularized membering
- are all continued into the members which in waking consciousness are
- from the spiritual world something for each of the body's members,
- with the densest member of the human body, the forces have to be very
- as their lowest member. With these beings man lives in the night; he
Rudolf Steiner Archive is maintained by: