Searching Rudolf Steiner Lectures by GA number (GA0102)
You may select a new search term and repeat your search.
Searches are not case sensitive, and you can use
in your queries.
Query was: press
Here are the matching lines in their respective documents.
Select one of the highlighted words in the matching lines below
to jump to that point in the document.
- Title: Festivals/Easter: Lecture VI: Easter: The Mystery of the Future
- rightly express our religious life.
- Since that lecture, many significant expressions of cultural life
- gave such magnificent expression in the Ring of the
- senses, in order to receive the impressions coming from the material
- sense-impressions. Such is the life of day. At night, the Ego and
- and astral body have passed out of them and all the impressions of the
- These encircling colours were the expressions of living beings
- colour-forms and tones, with impressions of smell, taste and so forth.
- But these colours and tones, these impressions of warmth and cold of
- gradually developed. The impressions received by man during the night
- although these are no longer expressions of the inmost spiritual
- to receive impressions from the astral body, and it was these
- impressions that were perceived by the old, dreamlike clairvoyance.
- after the appropriate impressions had been received by the astral
- impressions issuing from the astral body into this released etheric
- from receiving the impressions of the spiritual world in the
- preserved was expressed in the form of the folk-religion here
- expressed in varied form according to the needs and conditions
- Title: Influence of Spiritual Beings Upon Man: Lecture I
- things to be expressed today, but such provinces must be touched upon
- master, which is not the expression of the human ego but the deed, effect,
- many — who seem to have no expression or manifestation among the
- which a man must ponder over a long time if he is to express himself,
- of these beings flow from their lips — not merely the expression
- — even in the beholding — one had the impression of how
- blood is the direct expression of his ego. If however he is not perpetually
- the expression of man's ego and that it becomes a stronger and stronger
- expression as the ego itself finds its centre, finds its inner centre
- that in this way the lymph vessels become the expression of an important
- rich in carbon that flows in the veins. And as our blood is the expression
- of our ego, so is the lymph in a certain direction the expression of
- in one direction. From another aspect the nerve-system is the expression
- deed, the revelation, the expression, of the astral body is the lymph.
- clairvoyantly what one calls chyle, that is, the external expression of
- personalities for clairvoyant vision and they have their expression, their
- impressions there slip into man at the same time these Saturn spirits
- indicated in which beings of the higher worlds likewise find their expression
- you as Saturn beings find their expression in a certain respect in the
- as an outward physical expression the power to overcome the liver forces.
- Maximum number of matches per file exceeded.
- Title: Influence of Spiritual Beings Upon Man: Lecture II
- in the Zodiac. So that the Zodiac — to use an abstract expression
- express it. Speaking in analogy, however, we can say that the forces
- Title: Influence of Spiritual Beings Upon Man: Lecture III
- the day. To express the sentence in this form would simply strike modern
- the earth. The sun pressed out and we have now sun, with earth and moon
- that one of the Sun-Spirits forbore — if I may so express it —
- soul, and inasmuch as spirit-self presses into the consciousness soul,
- Anthroposophic Press, Inc., New York.
- Title: Influence of Spiritual Beings Upon Man: Lecture IV
- express themselves as sheer egos out of space. They have given up to
- still not free itself from instincts, desires, and passions. They press
- the opening of the physical senses. The ego presses through the eye,
- pillars. The whole human body is thus wisely arranged, it is an expression
- came the first impression and influence of the beings who little by
- Title: Influence of Spiritual Beings Upon Man: Lecture V
- of air, and shining inwardly. And all that takes place is expressed
- had now got so far that through the cosmic tone which pressed in and
- beings? The hard bone substance! If I may express myself popularly,
- is burnt or decays. How did the ash press into the lines which were
- What pressed ash into
- language and all that was expressed in it, formed the dance; tone, the
- sense, the significance, of the word pressed into this living substance
- there first; for that which pressed into matter as “Word”
- mission of earthly evolution, that in which Love comes to expression
- Title: Influence of Spiritual Beings Upon Man: Lecture VI
- The consciousness of man today is really expressed in what one could
- we find the group-soul element still more clearly expressed. The individual
- expression, personality did not come into question at all. A man remembered
- centuries, and one compressed the contents of this memory into a unity
- of our Earth's mission — the impressing of Love — was
- Spirits of Love, for it expresses an infinitely important contrast.
- If I now try to put into human language what this contrast expresses,
- man would have gone through, pressed together, all possible perfectings
- incarnations. That is expressed in occultism quite definitely by saying:
- and Who dwells in every soul, and this is expressed in the sentence:
- Title: Influence of Spiritual Beings Upon Man: Lecture VII
- God he felt that Michael stood before Him and was the expression of
- His being as the human countenance is the expression of man's being.
- way in which they treated the animals was an expression of this consciousness.
- in the different animal groups the esoteric expression of the ruling
- which found expression, on the one hand, in the civilizations of Babylon,
- and spirit of the Gods were brought to expression in the laws of external
- stand, nor do they know that to bring to expression the Spirit of their
- the period ruled by the Epochal Spirit whose expression he then became.
- have been able to find such an expression as it found in Giordano Bruno,
- Forces. He expresses himself by continually bringing confusion into
- this World. The very deepest wisdom lies behind what is expressed in
- But where are the Spirits of the Powers? They express themselves in
- Title: Influence of Spiritual Beings Upon Man: Lecture VIII
- now that our Group had developed to this point. This expression
- expression in the nerve system, and all that goes on in the etheric
- body finds its material expression in the glandular system, the instrument
- afresh with each new in-carnation, you have the material expression
- by the ego. But the astral body has nevertheless its outer expression
- come to expression in a material form. Yet the material form of beings
- under powerful pressure, if external physical matter presses them together.
- Then their corporeality is so compressed that they lie in a congested
- when the outer pressure is removed, when the earth is dug away, is in
- were not able to wait, because they pressed into the earthly organs
- human wisdom is inter-woven and impressed into the whole earth. But
- when understood in the sense often expressed here, is something that
- Title: Influence of Spiritual Beings Upon Man: Lecture IX
- use the expression, but we have so few appropriate expressions for these
- express it crudely again.
- but they are hungry and they bring the hunger to expression by guiding
- point. The people of the Old Testament expressed this by saying —
- this comes to expression in: “Before Abraham was, was the I —
- expression in the blood relationship of the generations. A people which
- of Samaria at the well. Here it is expressly pointed out that Christ
- old connections. We can see the expression of this throughout the Middle
- Title: Influence of Spiritual Beings Upon Man: Lecture X
- expression of the physical: Saturn. Glandular system as expression
- of the etheric: Sun. Nervous system as expression of the astral:
- Moon. Blood system as expression of the ego: Earth. In sleep,
- plant is pressed close to the stone at a spring, where ordinary stone
- on the Earth, and is expressed in man's present sense-organs.
- through the impress of the astral body, were added those organs which
- present blood-system, the expression of the ego, as the nervous system
- is the expression of the astral body, the glandular system of the etheric
- body, and the senses system the physical expression of the physical
- express? Blood is the expression of the ego and with this we will consider
- nerves and blood are the expressions of our fourfold nature, let us
- were given him by the impressions of daily life. This all-night activity
- The enlightened materialist can at any rate see that an impression is
- and the physical body and etheric body have to let other beings press
- from the devachanic world press all the time into man's astral
- it is expressed in the night in the astral body. The astral body gets
- fact that intolerance and oppression of thought have in various ways
- through sense impressions, through smell, taste, sight, and so on. All
- in fact simply an expression suited to what is within it. There is still
- look at, just as in the Middle Ages every lock on a door expressed what
- Title: Influence of Spiritual Beings Upon Man: Lecture XI
- to press on all sides into these works of art which we have set up.
- worlds. In those forms of art expressed in space we have on earth physical
- impressions which he receives from morning to evening — only think
- of the impressions from the din and rattle of a great city — these
- impressions of the day. What in a comprehensive sense we call man's
- the forms that are expressed in the Egyptian Pyramids from the paths
- into the etheric body. What is thus expressed in the etheric body is
- perceived by the true sculptor and he impresses it into the living figure.
- else again comes about. When we use the expression “intellectual
- as the art of music is the expressions, imprints, of what is experienced
- expresses them through his earthly music, so that in earthly music the
- to expression both these utterances. He wanted to bring humanity to
- harmony between Shakespeare and Beethoven so that the internal expresses
- was not enough for him, since it is the means of expression for the
- the tones of song became his expression of what surpasses the physically
- not need merely to be expressed by words, to be felt by thoughts; Spiritual
- to combine the different means of expression so that what lives in the
- whole may come to expression in the one. Richard Wagner has no wish
- the streaming together of the individual modes of artistic expression.
- expression in his brilliant essay on Beethoven, where you must read
- Maximum number of matches per file exceeded.
Rudolf Steiner Archive is maintained by: