Searching Rudolf Steiner Lectures by GA number (GA0144)
You may select a new search term and repeat your search.
Searches are not case sensitive, and you can use
in your queries.
Query was: stand
Here are the matching lines in their respective documents.
Select one of the highlighted words in the matching lines below
to jump to that point in the document.
- Title: Mysteries of the East: Lecture 1
- understanding with regard to various experiences on the path to the
- understanding of the spiritual worlds. The Way of Initiation can now
- Now we must understand clearly that if anyone wants to plunge into the
- ... I beg you not to misunderstand this in any way; if you compare it
- which we shall have to speak to pass beyond the standpoint of
- it is very easy for misunderstandings to arise. When this stage of
- difficulties of inner experience is to get beyond the standpoint of
- and take his stand beside the person, forcing himself to follow the
- views and standpoints.
- stand with one's feet on solid ground which is nothing else than
- if the ground has been taken away from under him and he were standing
- standest outside all physical life, is not produced until
- through in such manner that thou standest before the Higher Worlds,
- Title: Mysteries of the East: Lecture 2
- standards are inapplicable there. We do not enquire, for example, why
- moral standards to the mineral world. Neither do we apply them to the
- judge men according to the standards of goodwill, love, and so forth.
- dispositions by the standard of moral laws; and we are indeed not
- he gradually learns to understand their hard fate, and he does so in
- deaths at different ages? We understand that a man must die when his
- attention if we want to understand the life between death and the next
- stand with both feet on solid ground, who understand something of
- the Earth. I refer to Gustav Theodor Fechner. Not from the standpoint
- Title: Mysteries of the East: Lecture 3
- certain secrets he longs to understand. That is the feeling he has.
- super-sensible worlds; beings are perceived who stand behind our
- company he has entered, he learns to understand how physical and
- learns to understand this thoroughly. He comes to understand how
- understand what these sheaths conceal? That is the difference between
- forget the art of understanding which formerly guided you through the
- birth from Isis. There Isis stands before the aspirant, Isis herself
- sorrow-laden soul. And this soul, because it cannot understand itself,
- that he had to understand it for the sake of his people, that great,
- from the direction of this evolution as far as the bank; we stand upon
- it, and what this standing there signifies has been brought home to us
- Title: Mysteries of the East: Lecture 4
- Life of the Elementary World; Beholding the Sun at Midnight; Standing
- This Standing before the Upper and the Lower Gods comes about when the
- let us express in a readily understandable picture something that is
- Holy Grail there stands before us everything that went into the
- work on the Intellectual Soul in persons who had gained understanding
- of the Holy Grail and wished to understand their own epoch. In the
- is to be initiated, if it is to have understanding for the spiritual
- had not learnt to understand it thoroughly. And he still sees it
- way, and yet it stands so dramatically before us in the antithesis
- That is what is mysterious and so hard to understand in a nature such
- line with human understanding and impartial logic. The duality of
- very clever, says he understands these things and knows they are
- cleverer a person is by the standards of the time we are
- understanding that impulse which is inextinguishable in
- Hence we must try to penetrate with rational understanding into what
- of the modern Mysteries, we shall stand confronting ourselves.
Rudolf Steiner Archive is maintained by: