Searching Rudolf Steiner Lectures (GA 208)
You may select a new search term and repeat your search.
Searches are not case sensitive, and you can use
in your queries.
Query was: christ
Here are the matching lines in their respective documents.
Select one of the highlighted words in the matching lines below to jump
to that point in the document.
- Title: Lecture: The Sun-Mystery in the Course of Human History
- Emperor Constantine. It was under him that Christianity assumed the
- ancient memorials which Christianity, assuming a material form for the
- Indeed during the first centuries of Christendom, Christ was still a
- whose task it was to bring Christianity to the world. And out of the
- knowledge that the Palladium was guarded in Rome, the early Christians
- But when, under Constantine, Christianity was secularized, the
- its further development Roman Christianity was deprived of the
- Christianity in Rome in its rigid, mechanical forms. In the
- secularization of Christianity brought about by Constantine, the
- cosmic wisdom was lost to Christianity — and this comes to expression
- Constantinople when Roman Christianity was secularized; they tell of
- Constantine, in giving an externalized form of Christianity to the
- Romans, took from them the light, the wisdom, and sent Christianity
Rudolf Steiner Archive is maintained by: