Searching Rudolf Steiner Lectures by GA number (GA0224)
You may select a new search term and repeat your search.
Searches are not case sensitive, and you can use
in your queries.
Query was: understand
Here are the matching lines in their respective documents.
Select one of the highlighted words in the matching lines below
to jump to that point in the document.
- Title: Lecture: The Cosmic Word and Individual Man
- with spiritual vision, and begins to understand its phenomena, one is
- To Beings one must come at last in all understanding of the world. For
- everything. Men must understand this again, in order not to speak of
- We must understand the connection of these things. Then the particular
- further, we must not only remember the Monads, but we must understand
- once more to behold, and to know, and to understand, through the outer
- Title: Lecture: The Recovery of the Living Source of Speech
- take pains to understand what we learn; but as we go back over
- the evolution of mankind, we can only understand history as
- far back as Roman times. Cicero and Caesar we can still understand,
- although it must be said that the understanding generally brought to
- we cannot claim to understand Pericles or Alcibiades. We understand
- them in the same way as we understand characters in fairy tales. As a
- that one can come again to an understanding of the soul life of such
- mockery for modern man to imagine he can understand anything of the
- appellations, one after the other, but we do not understand Aristotle
- Try to understand the significance of this change. Something enters
- the First. If we have a right understanding for this event in human
- the Gospel is quickened to life by an understanding of the Christ, an
- understanding that derives from the Christ Himself as He still works
- that we shall only be able to deepen our understanding of their
- You must understand that the Michael thought is not a thing to be
- Title: Lecture: The Forming of Destiny in Sleeping and Waking
- to understand the workings of all that the human being brings from
- unconsciously satisfied or dissatisfied. (You will understand this
- To understand these things constitutes an integral part of the
- merely voice an understanding of everyday affairs, but are also
- control his physical body. Those who understand it fully, know that
- born from this understanding of karma.
- understanding of karma, is one which makes us realise when, perhaps
- theoretical. The effect which a true understanding of karma has upon
- world-justice. Understanding of karma means that a man has a true
- during sleep, materialism cannot possibly understand the world in its
- something more that it is essential we should understand.
- and understanding that belong to the heart.) becomes free only
- We can thus understand that there is a true relationship between
- a man who makes statements about a planet and is unable to understand
- becomes the heart-substance of those who desire to understand it
- Title: Lecture: Waking of the Human Soul and the Forming of Destiny: Lecture I
- understand one another in the relation of man to man by means of the
- understand one another here by means of thinking, this we have
- which we have mutual understanding with other human beings. Without
- cosmic order. In this way one understands, not only the single person,
- into the higher worlds. In order to understand his entire, total
- Title: Lecture: Waking of the Human Soul and the Forming of Destiny: Lecture II
- The Need for Understanding The Christ
- The Need for Understanding The Christ
- developed primarily the human understanding. I do not say that for
- more than anything else, this calls upon the understanding, upon the
- basis upon which to understand that the forces of thought we develop
- pre-earthly existence. We do not quite rightly understand the earthly
- order to understand what I wish to bring out today. Standing here upon
- own freedom, the understanding of Christ Jesus, which had existed
- Gnosis. That most extraordinary understanding of Christ by Gnosis,
- an understanding of Christianity is to be seen in Augustine. In this
- Augustine we see a spirit who could no longer understand the ancient
- everything. This was something that Augustine could not understand.
- our own period does not at all understand, this is true: no
- no connection with the spiritual world and thus cannot understand the
- bestow upon them an understanding of what no longer lived within their
- history of humanity, but also a spiritual event. No one can understand
- the Event of Golgotha who does not understand it in the spirit.
- preparation for a new understanding of the Christ and of the Mystery
- more become understandable to us which in an earlier time was
- spiritual understanding of it has been lost. How people struggle with
- Maximum number of matches per file exceeded.
- Title: Lecture: Michaelmas VII: The Creation of A Michael Festival Out Of The Spirit (Extract)
- understand how to introduce the spiritual element into our actions,
- through His own victory over death; but we human beings understand the
- understanding during our life on earth, i.e. if we awaken to life
- the spiritual worlds. At the same time, man must understand the
- still alive; and if he is able to understand the Resurrection
- almost bare of their leaves; Nature is dying. Yet we understand this
- go through death in the right way. Moreover, we must understand what
- on earth with Nature's events, until we understand again the year's
- When, however, the festivals which we celebrate without understanding
- establish out of a spiritual understanding of the year's course, a
- can fathom his way of thinking, if I can really understand his words
- Title: Preparing for a New Birth
- become comprehensible to us when we understand the role of
- Title: Lecture I: The WHITSUN Mystery and its Connection with the Ascension
- materialistic science can understand the Mystery of Golgotha. Hence
- perception, of spiritual feeling, in order to be able to understand
- the power to understand the Mystery of Golgotha is the sending of the
- to each human individual, in order that he may be able to understand
- too learns to understand it. After death, the picture is as it were an
- such forces as will enable you to understand the Mystery of
- to acquire, and gain understanding of the Mystery of Golgotha.
- actual understanding of the essence and meaning of that Deed.
- understand the relation of the Whitsun Mystery to the Ascension
- with spiritual understanding of the festival seasons, it will be
- that streams from an understanding of the festival times and from true
- Title: Easter/Pentecost: Lecture II: The Mystery of Pentecost and the Ascension
- have accepted an idea they understand everything
- to the knowledge and the understanding of such facts as
- who did not seek understanding of the Mystery of Golgotha.
- materialistic powers of understanding, no materialistic science
- spiritual powers of understanding, to spiritual powers of
- vision and of feeling, before it can understand how the Christ
- understand the Mystery of Golgotha. The sending of
- individuals who are able to understand this Deed — to the
- to understand it.
- acquire power by which you can understand the Mystery of
- and so acquire an understanding of the Mystery of Golgotha.
- understanding, not material understanding) that the true
- to the understanding of men.
- consists in this: That men should acquire a right understanding
- spiritual understanding of such festival seasons, then
- this festival is able to evoke understanding of every festival,
Rudolf Steiner Archive is maintained by: