Searching Rudolf Steiner Lectures by GA number (GA0291)
You may select a new search term and repeat your search.
Searches are not case sensitive, and you can use
in your queries.
Query was: life
Here are the matching lines in their respective documents.
Select one of the highlighted words in the matching lines below
to jump to that point in the document.
- Title: Colour: Part One: Colour-Experience (Erlebnis)
- with the nature of colour. In ordinary life colour is dealt with
- regard to it which raises the whole consideration into our life of
- burn. The red figures bring so much life into the greenness that we
- the plant is the being of life. The animal possesses a soul;
- man has both spirit and soul. The mineral has no life. The plant is a
- being of which life is the special characteristic. The animal has, in
- mineral, that its peculiar feature is life; it is something else. In
- the case of the plant its characteristic is life. The green colour is
- in saying that green represents the lifeless image of life.
- In the same way we can say that green is the lifeless image of life.
- realize that green is the lifeless image of life.
- green. Life is there, but he becomes green. We speak of green men; we
- select the lifeless peach-blossom colour for that which appears as
- lifeless like the green of the plant, for if a man withdraws his soul
- Green represents the lifeless image of Life.
- Life is driven out of the plants when they become charcoal, carbon or
- coal. Thus black shows itself to be foreign in life, hostile to life.
- Life, then, can do nothing in blackness. Soul — the soul slips away
- Black represents the spiritual image of the lifeless.
- image. In one case we have the image of the lifeless, in
- Maximum number of matches per file exceeded.
- Title: Colour: Part One: The Luminous and Pictorial Nature of Colours
- proceed from the lifeless, and that in the lifeless the image of the
- When the lifeless appears in the Spirit you get black.
- which will strike you if you observe life: green you have in nature;
- white. The shadow of the lifeless on the spirit is black. The shadow
- of the living on the lifeless is green. The shadow of the psychic on
- Title: Colour: Part One: The Phenomenon of Colour in Material Nature
- the rest of life, you see what interesting things result. He pursued
- living forms its image or shadow in the lifeless and how thereby green
- lifeless reflects its image or shadow in the spiritual and produces
- other relationships of coloured plant-life to the stars?
- one can establish the connection of the rest of plant-life, with the
- external nature, in so far as it consists of plant-life. You can of
- Now suppose you want to paint a landscape of plant-life, and it is to
- give a real impression of life, you have to paint the plants
- plant-life darker than reality. But then, after you have got your
- impression of life. It does this only if you paint the trees, etc.
- of life. It is a matter of sensibility, and this sensibility leads you
- luster. In no other way can you get behind the secret of plant-life,
- substances, the lifeless objects. In this case particularly it is
- painting still-life, the character of the luster. That is the point.
- which means that the painter, if he paints still-life, must really
- lifeless mineral. And so we are brought — I am only mentioning it
- This is the reason why, when we apply the lifeless paint to a surface
- the image of the lifeless in the spiritual. We create the spiritual
- according to the luster and paint in it the lifeless. And in so far as
- plant-life, it must appear as luster-image. We first paint the image,
- Maximum number of matches per file exceeded.
- Title: Colour: Part Two: Thought and Will as Light and Darkness
- life, while the organization of the human limbs points to a future
- life on earth. Roughly speaking, we have our head because our limbs
- have been metamorphosed from the previous life into the head. The
- metamorphosed into the head we shall carry in our next earth-life. At
- present, in our life between birth and death, thoughts function in our
- changed into thoughts in our next life on earth.
- penetrate into such things. Your thought and whole soul-life will
- lifeless mathematics. It is true Hegel used more pregnant concepts
- lives in it, one can in ordinary life perceive it as little as one
- Title: Colour: Part Two: The Connection of the Natural with the Moral-Psychical. Living in Light and Weight.
- experience of man in sleep is the life in light. In sleep he is not
- the body. This combined life with the soul produces in earthly man the
- weight — he awakes. It is a continuous oscillation between life in
- light and life in weight, between going to sleep and awakening. If a
- has exhausted that which gave him weight in his lifetime; then begins
- earth-life. Now while he is returning to earth he has to go through
- the physical life. So you see the question is important: What
- moves towards a new life, influence him with their weights. So that
- the next life from birth to death. The soul has reached the stage of
- mingled a loving understanding of life's tasks.
- untruthfulness which obtain not only in outward life, but which can be
- effect on the social life. We must summon up the courage to illumine
- cultivate an enthusiasm for an outlook on life which really does
- Title: Colour: Part Two: Dimension, Number and Weight
- another one lies next to it. In human life it is of course different.
- life and doings of the spiritual beings. As here on earth we enter the
- life and doings of earthly things, ascertaining them with the scales
- of course, with the memory, with the inner soul-life, with what
- this dream-force in our inner life, we should have no beauty. That we
- power of dreaming that we have a memory. For the art life of man we
- free movement and life, whereas when one gives oneself up to freedom,
- wisdom from the very beginning to run their life's course there. One
- circumstances into such conditions in which the further life of
- Spiritual Science. That contains the life-element which carries us
- Title: Colour: Part Three: The Creative World of Colour
- specialization of Science, and that is the specialization of our life!
- pulling together of spiritual life will result in artistic form. We
- his activity or give you his life-story, but I want you to note that
- expression of the universal and unified spiritual life. This is what
- with the colour, to share its inner power of life. We cannot do it if
- it, my dear friends, if we are able so to instill life into the colour,
- opposition to the blue, results in giving to a figure composition life
- you enter into the life of colours, which makes the red appear to be
- bottom of elemental life; it has studied Nature long enough, and tried
- not as abstract thoughts, not as lifeless knowledge, nor as science,
- form, and share the cosmic life. Colour is the soul of nature and of
- the whole Cosmos, and by experiencing the life of colour, we
- intellectual life of today. Spiritual science is well adapted to bring
- as life itself, will increase in us. Etheric life will also permeate
- strength which rises from the knowledge that the sources of human life
- Title: Colour: Part Three: Artistic and Moral Experience
- The understanding of the spiritual-scientific view of life not merely
- experience this in intensive soul-life, unless the feeling is
- Title: Colour: Part Three: Colours as Revelations of the Psychic in the World
- If one regards the psychic in all movements and life, the varied and
- Now, lifeless substances are incorporated in the plant, but these
- lifeless substances are made to live. In the plant are iron, carbon
- found also in the Mineral Kingdom: and in seeing how life penetrates
- through the lifeless, and makes for itself an image by means of the
- lifeless, i.e. the image of the plant, we get the feeling of green as
- the lifeless image of life.
- lifeless substances of the earth live plants. Life itself we do not
- perceive. We perceive plants because they contain the lifeless
- lifeless image of the life that exists on earth.
- world-word which tells us how life in the plant weaves and flows.
- suggestion of peach. And as we feel in the plant's green the lifeless
- image of life, we feel in the characteristic flesh-colour of a sound
- forms itself through the lifeless into the image of green. The psychic
- of the lifeless, just as we feel ourselves killed, lamed, when our
- can feel black as the spiritual image of the lifeless.
- colour and light, when we experience green as the lifeless image of
- life, peach and flesh-colour as the living image of the soul, white as
- the lifeless.
- to describe green as the lifeless image of life; I stopped at life.
- Maximum number of matches per file exceeded.
- Title: Colour: Part Three: The Hierarchies and the Nature of the Rainbow
- element into the consciousness gives one an idea of the inner life of
- created and warmed in this Saturnian life by the Seraphim, Cherubim
- require — Life. And life came into the colourful world which
- life, but they exist all the same. The spiritual, the soul, does not
- require life. Life begins only with your etheric body; and this is
- something in the nature of an outer wrapping. It is thus that life
- permeated and shot with life, appeared with the coming of man, the
- Life, which rounded off, smoothed and shaped the colours, called forth
- these things entirely covered up. The philosophical attitude to life
- water is the Third, behind life and the earth is the Fourth, or Man.
Rudolf Steiner Archive is maintained by: