Searching Rudolf Steiner Lectures by Date
You may select a new search term and repeat your search.
Searches are not case sensitive, and you can use
in your queries.
Query was: aristarchus
Here are the matching lines in their respective documents.
Select one of the highlighted words in the matching lines below
to jump to that point in the document.
- Title: Lecture: The Threshold In Nature and In Man
- Plutarch is speaking of Aristarchus of Samos, and he describes the way
- in which Aristarchus conceived the world. We are therefore taken back
- Ages, and before Copernicus. In the opinion of Aristarchus, says
- Plutarch, the universe is much bigger than it looks; for Aristarchus
- Title: Man/Being/Spirit/Soul: Lecture III: The Science of the Spirit and Modern Questions
- taught by Aristarchus of Samos in ancient Greece. We are
- told about this by Plutarch. This world picture of Aristarchus
- time Aristarchus of Samos had betrayed this in the widest
- Title: East and West, and the Roman Church: Lecture II
- something of it — for instance, Aristarchus of Samos. People
- Title: Astronomy Course: Lecture XIII
- system or starry system as conceived by Aristarchus of
- Samos, in these words — “In Aristarchus'
- World-conception of Aristarchus of Samos, you will admit:
- difference at all. Aristarchus lived in the third Century
- those who like Aristarchus himself were leaders of cultural
- which we have found prevailing among such men as Aristarchus
- what held good for Aristarchus, held good for many people of
- you go back from Aristarchus into more distant times. Go back
- Plutarch says was held by Aristarchus of Samos. Plutarch
- and in Aristarchus and those who thought like him in the
- description of Aristarchus system, we shall say: This
- Aristarchus too, no doubt, follows the outer phenomena's with
- in Aristarchus's system. Yet is it really the same? This is
- conceptions arose which we still find in Aristarchus of
- of Aristarchus of Samos, felt in his heart the influences of
Rudolf Steiner Archive is maintained by: