Searching Rudolf Steiner Lectures by Date
You may select a new search term and repeat your search.
Searches are not case sensitive, and you can use
in your queries.
Query was: columbus
Here are the matching lines in their respective documents.
Select one of the highlighted words in the matching lines below
to jump to that point in the document.
- Title: Lecture: Anthroposophy and Christianity
- Columbus before he set sail for America and asked, “What do you want
- Title: Karma of Vocation: Lecture II
- that if Columbus's brain had been a little different he would
- if it had not been discovered by Columbus. You will find it
- even if Columbus had suffered from a brain defect.
- relationship similar to that between Columbus and the discovery
- Title: Man/Being/Spirit/Soul: Lecture III: The Science of the Spirit and Modern Questions
- When Columbus undertook his journey across the ocean he
- Columbus): either one did not
- great ocean as Columbus and his followers did. But at that time
- similar to that of Columbus who wanted to reach something
- reached as something unknown in the same way that Columbus
- Title: Manifestations/Karma: Lecture: The Nature and Significance of Karma in the Personal and Individual, and in Humanity, the Earth and the Universe
- example, Columbus, or the inventor of the steam-engine, or any others:
- reasons why Columbus sailed to America and why he determined to do so
- working in Columbus. That Columbus discovered America had certain
- Title: Inner Impulses: Lecture V
- Columbus to set out on his voyage to America. So you see how greed was
- Columbus to travel to the West. It is well known that his wish was to
- Title: Principle/Economy: Lecture VI: On the Occasion of the Dedication of the Francis of Assisi Branch
- times, such as the great voyages of discovery by Columbus and
- Title: Spiritual Science/Treasure for Life: Lecture IX: Between Death and Rebirth of the Human Being
- This appears in such a way, as if one had said to Columbus, do
- Title: The Karma of the Individual and the Collective Life of Our Time, Goethe
- materialist assert that Columbus would have become a
- Columbus, and that he would not then have discovered America?
- have been discovered even if Columbus had been unable to
- if Columbus had had a defect in his brain! And so you cannot
- Columbus and the discovery of America.
- Title: History of Art: Lecture 12: Greek and Early Christian Art, Symbolic Signs, the Mystery of Gold
- Title: Redemption of Thinking: Lecture III:
- is like the egg of Columbus, to a respected proposition that
- Title: The Social Question: Lecture IV: The Evolution of Social Thinking and Willing and Life's Circumstances for Current Humanity
- which presses on the soul that this egg of Columbus has not
- Title: Jacob Boehme
- like the egg of Columbus, something exceedingly simple. For, at
- Title: Lecture: Karmic Relationships, Volume III: Lecture X: The Michaelites: Their Karmic Impulse Towards the Spiritual Life The Working of Ahriman into the Once Cosmic and Now Personal Intelligence
- kind of “egg of Columbus.” With the egg of
- Columbus the point was to have the happy idea — how
- have called the egg of Columbus. Why is it so, my dear
- Title: Life Gifts: Lecture VII: Whitsuntide Lecture
- happened if Columbus, or anyone else fundamentally connected
- Title: History of Art: Lecture XII: Greek and Early Christian Art, Symbolic Signs, the Mystery of Gold
- while and it was only re-established after Columbus
- Title: Oswald Spengler: Article I: Spengler's "Perspectives of World History"
- Columbus and Copernicus come the telescope, the
- Title: Thomas Aquinas: Lecture III: Thomism in the Present Day
- which is, I might say, a kind of Columbus' egg, must be set
Rudolf Steiner Archive is maintained by: