Searching Rudolf Steiner Lectures by Date
You may select a new search term and repeat your search.
Searches are not case sensitive, and you can use
in your queries.
Query was: nirvana
Here are the matching lines in their respective documents.
Select one of the highlighted words in the matching lines below
to jump to that point in the document.
- Title: Between Death and Rebirth: Lecture Five
- prepared for this by his teaching of Nirvana, lack of satisfaction
- doctrine of Nirvana, who exhorted men to liberate their souls from
- Title: Between Death and Rebirth: Lecture Ten
- Mars; it is the impulse denoted by the word ‘Nirvana’.
- Title: Lecture: Evil and the Power of Thought
- habitual, but rather in the world of Nirvana, where this habitual
- interpretation of Nirvana, of the sublimest surrender of the Ego, as
- pupils of the ancient oriental civilisation — it is this Nirvana
- Nirvana spoke, while the Ego flowed out into the world in love.”
- lymph, in which lives an echo of the longing for Nirvana.
- Title: Lecture: The Seeds of Future Worlds
- used to speak of Nirvana, of the end and disappearance of egohood.
- Title: Lecture: Buddha
- ideas have arisen as to the meaning of “Nirvana.” One who
- existence and no desire for rebirth, passes into Nirvana. What is the
- negative term — Nirvana. A man enters Nirvana only when
- Nirvana is no empty void. Rather is it a life of bliss no words can
- gradually to reach and enter Nirvana. In other words, he may learn so
- says: “I must seek, not Nirvana, but the higher man within me.
- is the last.” And referring to Nirvana, whither he was to pass,
- Title: The Real Being of Man
- are contained as in a great common Nirvana. Or, on the other
- is the dissolution in Nirvana, which has already become a
- from the ancient ideas of Nirvana which then was a striving
- That which the decadent Oriental understands today by Nirvana
- Title: Festivals/Easter: Lecture VII: Spiritual Bells of Easter, I
- wisdom was ready to pass into Nirvana, he made his way to a steep
- Title: Festivals/Easter: Lecture VIII: Spiritual Bells of Easter, II
- was on the point of death and felt his entry into Nirvana approaching,
- Title: Lecture: Foundations of Esotericism: Lecture V
- at a place, in a condition which is called the Maha-para-nirvana
- plane. On this Maha-para-nirvana plane the life of the solid is to be
- Maha-para-nirvana plane one acquired another means of perception. When
- Maha-para-nirvana plane. It is there that the solid stone has its
- with the life of the fluid, on the Para-nirvana plane. Through this
- element, one finds oneself on the Nirvana plane. Nirvana means
- seeks for life in it, one is with one's own life on the Nirvana plane.
- the air, then that is the way to reach the Nirvana plane. This is the
- the Nirvana plane if he does not actually practise breathing
- actually inhales life: the Nirvana plane.
- Fourthly, below the Nirvana plane is the Buddhi or Shushupti plane.
- Title: Lecture: Foundations of Esotericism: Lecture IX
- ago on the Maha-para-nirvana plane, the fluid on the Para-nirvana
- plane, the gaseous on the Nirvana plane, the Warmth Ether on the
- 5. Nirvana plane
- 6. Para-nirvana plane
- 7. Maha-para-nirvana plane
- Title: Lecture: Foundations of Esotericism: Lecture XII
- Nirvana. For this Buddha had to place himself under the brain, under
- Title: Lecture: Foundations of Esotericism: Lecture XVI
- of Karma: creation out of nothing. The experience of Nirvana.
- what is called Nirvana. Very much is involved in a complete
- understanding of the significance of Nirvana, but we will try to gain
- Nirvana. For example, it was out of Nirvana that the actions of a
- also called Nirvana.
- How does the human being ascend to Nirvana? We must look back into
- new? It can only come from Nirvana. At that time something had to
- become active in the world that came forth from Nirvana, from that
- fructified the earth had to reach up into Nirvana. Those who
- beings who descended from the Nirvana plane. They are called Monads.
- the Nirvana plane. The being from the Nirvana plane who is in us, in
- What then remains is the experience of Nirvana.
- Title: Lecture: Foundations of Esotericism: Lecture XVII
- nowhere manifested, that is to say he creates out of Nirvana. This
- Title: Lecture 9: Spiritual Beings in the Heavenly Bodies and in the Kingdoms of Nature
- earth-sphere to Nirvana, that is, into a sphere in which the
- Title: The Ego: Lecture 1
- thus one progresses to Nirvana. Here one finds descriptions
- Title: Christ Impulse: Lecture 1: The Sphere of the Bodhisattvas
- Theosophy calls Nirvana and which lies above the World of
- he can ascend to the next higher plane to the Nirvana-Plane.
- when they become Buddhas they ascend to the Plane of Nirvana.
- Title: Life Between ... I: Investigations Into Life Between Death and Rebirth 1
- Nirvana, and yet it is true that Buddha demanded of one who sought
- Title: Reappearance/Christ: Lecture III: Buddhism and Pauline Christianity
- realm, Nirvana, where neither names nor things exist. Only then is
- Title: Principle/Economy: Lecture VII: The Macrocosmic and the Microcosmic Fire: The Spiritualization of Breath and Blood
- state of Nirvana, he went out to a steep mountain and hid in
- Title: Principle/Economy: Lecture VIII: The Event of Golgotha. The Brotherhood of the Holy Grail. The Spiritualized Fire.
- that he was close to Nirvana and went to a cave of the
- Title: Principle/Economy: Lecture X: The God of the Alpha and the God of the Omega
- you will find Nirvana — rest within the divine!
- Title: Metaporphoses/Soul One: Lecture 8: Buddha and Christ
- rising to Nirvana, Christianity sees its aim as a continuing process of
- any idea of historical development. That is why Buddhism can see its Nirvana,
- another world, the quite different world of Nirvana. Christianity presents a
- Nirvana; but all that we can acquire in them is to be used and developed in
- Title: Hegel, Schopenhauer, Thought, Will
- Nirvana and for all that is oriental, this inclination towards
- Title: Excursus/Mark: III: Excursus: Lecture VII
- oriental legend, as we know, represents Buddha as entering Nirvana
- Title: Spiritual Teachings of Soul/World: Course V - Lecture IV: Is Theosophy Buddhist Propaganda?
- knowledge, enlightenment and nirvana. That is not why I have announced that
- come soon again. One can say a hundred times that the nirvana is not non-existence,
- — from which it follows that a true expert imagines nirvana as non-existence:
- of life. Nirvana is exactly the same about which also Christianity speaks. But
- western Buddhists also spoke of nirvana. We may get a better idea of nirvana
- nirvana from philological side. That who speaks of the theosophical movement
- Title: Esoteric Christianity: The Mission of Christian Rosenkreutz
- for the whole cosmos, what his teachings of Nirvana, of liberation
- from the earth, would signify on Mars. The teaching of Nirvana was
- great teacher of Nirvana is now fulfilling a mission outside the
- Title: Turning Points: Lecture 3: Buddha
- World of Nirvana — which man shall enter when he has so advanced
- Nirvana is a condition that can only be characterized in the
- term and such a term is Nirvana. He who has conquered all mundane
- word Nirvana. It is a region which, according to the Buddhist, no
- that ideal state — Nirvana. In other words, he must learn to
- Nirvana that I must seek, but my more noble Ego. Alone,
- Nirvana, into which he would so soon enter, the Buddha said: —
- Title: Social Life: Lecture III
- human souls are contained, as in a great common Nirvana. Or, on
- dissolution in Nirvana, which has already become a holy
- from the ancient idea of Nirvana which then was a striving
- which the decadent Oriental understands to-day by Nirvana is
- Title: Fundamental Impulses in the Mysteries of Ancient and Modern Times
- This conception of Nirvana, the utmost resignation of the Ego, as in
- itself, speaks. With us, Nirvana spoke in the Ego's loving
- lymph, containing the echo of the Nirvana-longing. In the
- Title: Lecture X: Man in the Light of Occultism
- Budhi plane and the Nirvana plane. All we are doing here is simply to
- Title: Gospel of Mark: Lecture 4
- part in what is called Nirvana. This is the great teaching
- suffering so as to be able to share in Nirvana. If
- Title: Responsibility of Man: Lecture I
- Nirvana. Or man can become over-intellectualised, give up the
- two directions, On the one hand we have the merging in Nirvana
- conception of Nirvana which meant a striving for equilibrium
- out of the old clairvoyance. The Nirvana as now conceived by
- Title: Cosmosophy 1: Lecture I
- the habitual, but rather in the world of Nirvana, where this
- interpretation of Nirvana, of the sublimest surrender of the
- — it is this Nirvana that would be alluded to by an
- itself. With us, Nirvana spoke, while the I flowed out
- in which lives an echo of the longing for Nirvana.
- Title: Cosmosophy 1: Lecture II
- live behind the sense phenomena, used to speak of Nirvana, of
- Title: Background/Mark: Lecture Nine: The Moon-Religion of Jahve and its Reflection in Arabism
- Buddha passed into Nirvana, having handed on the
- Title: The Theory of Categories / Kategorienlehre
- even understand the concept of Nirvana better if you had a
- Title: Lecture: Buddha and Christ
- in the ascent to Nirvana, Christianity sees, as the goal of its
- Nirvana, his state of bliss, solely in the relinquishing of repeated
- another that is utterly different — attain Nirvana!’ But
- course of his incarnations to a close and enter Nirvana, but to use
- Title: Mission/Rosenkreutz: Lecture VII. The Mission of Gautama Buddha on Mars
- for the whole Cosmos, what his teachings of Nirvana, of liberation
- from the Earth would signify on Mars. The teaching of Nirvana was
- Nirvana is now fulfilling a mission outside the Earth, on Mars
- Title: Esoteric Lessons Part II: Berlin, 3-22-12
- worthy — into nirvana, into an extraterrestrial sphere. Or one
- Title: Universal Human: Lecture One: Individuality and the Group-Soul
- they continue this way until they reach nirvana. Such descriptions
- Title: Social Basis For Primary and Secondary Education: Lecture II
- self in Brahma or Nirvana. It is the reverse of all freedom. On the other
Rudolf Steiner Archive is maintained by: