Searching Rudolf Steiner Lectures by Date
You may select a new search term and repeat your search.
Searches are not case sensitive, and you can use
in your queries.
Query was: oracle
Here are the matching lines in their respective documents.
Select one of the highlighted words in the matching lines below
to jump to that point in the document.
- Title: Lecture: Christ in Relation to Lucifer and Ahriman
- prophetic oracles of Rome, which guided him into leading his army out
- Title: Lecture: The Migrations of the Races
- “the leader of the Christ Oracle.”
- Title: Christ and the Spiritual World: Lecture Two
- questioned, in the manner of the Greek Pythian oracle; she steps
- Title: Christ and the Spiritual World: Lecture Three
- swirling dragon-vapours and prophesied to them through the oracle,
- Title: Christ and the Spiritual World: Lecture Four
- Hyperborean land, from the North, that Apollo came to the Oracle at
- Title: Christ and the Spiritual World: Lecture Five
- gates. As on an earlier occasion another Sibylline oracle had guided
- Title: Mission of Folk-Souls (1929): Lecture 6
- certain Mystery Places, named the Atlantean Oracles, the guidance of
- one such Mystery-Oracle the truths of which we are now speaking were
- which could be given by the Mercury-oracle, in which one could
- Title: Lecture: Buddha and Christ: The Sphere of the Bodhisattvas
- twelve tribes and that the High Priest used them as an oracle in
- priestly oracle of Urim and Thummim was a sacred lot; for in
- Title: Mission/Folk-Souls (1970): 6. The Five Root Races of Mankind.
- old Atlantis specific Mystery Centres called the Atlantean Oracles
- such Mystery Oracle the truths of which we are now speaking were
- Ethiopian race is an expression of an impulse from the Mercury Oracle
- Title: Tension Between East and West: Lecture 7: The Individual Spirit and the Social Structure
- various impulses, including social ones. Oracles, star-gazing,
- Title: Karma of Vocation: Lecture X
- pronouncements similar to those of the old oracles: “Myers will
- Title: Reincarnation and Immortality: Lecture V: Mystery of the Human Being
- oracle, and can draw his own conclusions concerning social,
- Title: Problem of Faust: Lecture VI: The Helena Saga and the Riddle of Freedom
- have just been placing before you. It tells how an oracle
- to many things. Then the Delphic Oracle pronounced an
- with an oracle but with a dream — albeit a dream
- of an oracle which announced to the father that this his son
- it is an oracle that brings the message from the Spiritual
- Title: Lecture I: Human Questions and Cosmic Answers
- know that in Greek temples, where the oracles were given, certain
- to the oracles as a last resource. And all that was revealed from this
- Now at the time when men turned to the oracles, they had already lost
- Title: Lecture: Rosicrucian Esotericism: Lecture VIII: Stages in the Evolution of our Earth. Lemurian, Atlantean, Post-Atlantean Epochs.
- Atlantean Oracles — where what is called the Atlantean wisdom was
- were necessarily different Oracles for men of different constitutions.
- There was a Mars Oracle, a Jupiter Oracle, a Venus Oracle, and so on.
- These Oracles were sanctuaries where the initiates, who were sages of
- so on. All these Oracles, however, were in turn led by the still more
- powerful Sun Oracle. This was the leading center of the Mysteries whence
- the cultural instructions for the other Oracles proceeded. As well as
- where the initiate of the Mars Oracle resided, together with his pupils;
- all Mercury souls were led from the Mercury Oracle, all Jupiter souls
- from the Jupiter Oracle, and so on. All these Oracle centers, however,
- were subject to the authority of the great initiate of the Sun Oracle.
- Sun Oracle, the greatest initiate of Atlantis, directed his attention
- The great initiate of the Sun Oracle did not, however, despise these
- the Sun Oracle led the small group of human beings and founded a kind
- Sun Oracle sent the seven Holy Rishis. With longing fraught with pain,
- by Zarathustra, the great pupil of the mighty initiate of the Sun Oracle.
- Title: Lecture: Greek and Germanic Mythology: Lecture I - The Prometheus Saga
- The Manu of the fifth root-race. In the English version of An Outline of Occult Science, this Being is called the leader of the Christ-initiates or the leader of the Christ-oracle. (p. 177 in the 1949 edition).
- Title: Lecture: Greek and Germanic Mythology: Lecture II - The Argonaut Saga and the Odyssey
- Manu. Described in An Outline of Occult Science as the Christ-initiate or the leader of the Christ-oracle.
- Title: Spiritual Hierarchies: Lecture 7
- name of ‘Oracle’ to what was investigated, and commanded
- Oracles’ is quite suitable to these centres of instruction, and
- the Initiates of the Atlantean Oracles, which was permeated by an
- place, the great leader of the Atlantean Oracles preserved the seven
- Oracles. These ether bodies were originally built up through being
- Initiate of the Sun-Oracle is no other than Manu, who has been often
- Title: The East in the Light of the West: Lecture VII
- oracle-places, and from them information was conveyed to mankind such
- fact that that which came from the oracles certainly aroused
- legend. Through an oracle (that is to say, from a place in which
- oracle that is to say, something entered his soul which could only be
- Oedipus listens to the oracle, but acts in such a way that it is all
- were told by an Oracle that they would have a son, who would bring
- him. Here we see that the sayings of the oracle were indeed
- Title: Principle/Economy: Lecture I: The Principle of Spiritual Economy in Connection with Questions of Reincarnation: An Aspect of the Spiritual Guidance of Mankind
- “oracle.” the most important leader lived in one
- of the largest and most important oracles — the Sun
- Oracle. His main task consisted of revealing the secrets of
- this Sun-existence was the task of the Great Sun Oracle. For
- call the Sun Oracle the Christ Oracle. The unification of the
- oracle of ancient Atlantis had already prophesied the coming
- Oracle is the Christ Oracle. These oracles had many
- Venus, Mercury, and Vulcan oracles, each with its great
- to rise out of the sea. Many successors of the old oracles
- gradually losing the significance of the old oracles. The
- oracles were unable to devote themselves to this task because
- oracles that which we call the etheric body. As we have seen,
- sages in the oracles had worked so much into their etheric
- Oracle was, in a certain sense, treated differently from the
- initiates of the various oracles, such as Venus, Jupiter,
- they were, in a way, seized upon by these oracle beings whose
- is how the old wisdom of the ancient oracles was revealed,
- with the exception of the Sun, or Christ, Oracle which could
- Title: Principle/Economy: Lecture III: More Intimate Aspects of Reincarnation
- oracle, imported knowledge and exercised leadership
- Atlantean culture as the “Atlantean Oracles.”
- get a clear understanding of the function of these oracles.
- primary task of one oracle in Atlantis to transmit and
- seven oracle centers because the populace in ancient Atlantis
- characteristics. The names applicable to these oracle centers
- assigned to the oracles at a later time. The leadership of,
- and supreme sovereignty over, all other oracles was vested in
- what we may designate as the Atlantean Sun Oracle. Whatever
- oracles existed in the post-Atlantean periods — in
- Greece, Egypt, Asia, all were successors of the Sun Oracle in
- Atlantis. This is true also for the Apollo Oracle in Greece.
- The initiate who headed this Sun Oracle was the guardian of
- other oracle centers.
- special task devolved on the Initiate of the Sun Oracle. It
- Oracle was to prepare human beings during the Atlantean time
- Initiate of the Sun Oracle. What were the essential features
- magical powers whom the Great Leader of the Sun Oracle
- of the Sun Oracle once gathered around him the simple of
- Initiate of the Sun Oracle gathered his simple people in a
- Maximum number of matches per file exceeded.
- Title: Principle/Economy: Lecture VI: On the Occasion of the Dedication of the Francis of Assisi Branch
- call The Great Initiate of the Sun Oracle. This small group
- they whom the Great Initiate of the Sun Oracle led from the
- Great Initiate of the Sun Oracle. And when those descendants,
- gathered around the Great Initiate of the Sun Oracle, then
- Title: Principle/Economy: Lecture XI: From Buddha to Christ
- Oracles.” This is the name given to them by the
- Atlantean Oracles and their centers of wisdom, spiritual life
- Wisdom varied from one oracle to another according to the
- between oracles of the Moon, Mercury, Venus, Sun, Mars,
- population and assigned to one of the seven oracles. Of the
- seven oracles, which were named after the seven planets in
- ancient Atlantis, the Sun Oracle stood out from all the
- others, but next to it the Vulcan Oracle prepared itself in
- oracles had emanated from the cosmos according to its
- all seven oracles flowed together, and it was here that the
- wisdom of the seven oracles in Atlantis coalesced. The adepts
- of this center, of the Holy Sun Oracle, had been initiated
- ancient Atlantean epoch, the adepts of the Sun Oracle had
- Great Initiate who was the leader of this highest oracle had
- “Manu,” as this leader of the Sun Oracle was
- Manu's leadership. This initiate of the Sun Oracle now
- to and inspected the other oracles. You all know that in the
- Atlantean oracles.
- this reason that the Great Initiate of the Sun Oracle
- journeyed to the other Atlantean oracles to collect and take
- Maximum number of matches per file exceeded.
- Title: Deed of Christ: Lecture 2: The Deed of Christ and the Opposing Spiritual Powers. Lucifer, Ahriman, Asuras.
- spiritual sphere of the earth Already in the ancient Oracles of
- Atlantis, the priests of those Oracles spoke of the Spirit of the
- Title: Deed of Christ: Lecture 1: Mephistopheles and Earthquakes
- Hence in those great centers of the Oracles in ancient Atlantis the
- and pupils of the ancient Oracles in the Atlantean Mysteries was to
- world. In the ancient Oracle centers the Atlantean Initiate beheld in
- Title: Gospel of Luke: Lecture Four
- the Atlantean Initiates in the ‘Oracles’.
- Oracle’, another the ‘Jupiter Oracle’, another the
- ‘Saturn Oracle’ and so on. The variety of these
- Oracle-sanctuaries was due to
- Mars, instruction and guidance were provided in the Mars Oracles; for
- those who had waited on Jupiter, in the Jupiter Oracles, and so on.
- Only a few chosen pupils could be instructed in the great Sun Oracle.
- Sun Oracle to which the other Oracles were subordinate was the greatest
- Sun Oracle. Let us suppose that at a certain point in evolution a
- sanctuary under the great Initiate of the Sun Oracle.
- people concerned. This Oracle-sanctuary which was situated in a
- Title: Spiritual Teachings of Soul/World: Course IV - Lecture II: Theosophy and Somnambulism
- history tells to us. There we meet the priestesses, the so-called oracle priestesses
- are justified or not, these oracle priests should decide about that; briefly,
- Title: Gospel/Matthew (1965): Lecture 3
- called ‘Oracles’, where from among a humanity
- Title: Gospel/Matthew (1965): Lecture 4
- Oracles. Also during the epoch when the spiritual
- the Oracles” — the actual names are not of
- the leader of all the Atlantean Oracles; he was the
- Initiate of the Sun-Oracle, in contrast to the
- subordinate Oracle-centres to which the Mercury-, Mars-,
- too that this great Initiate of the Sun-Oracle was also
- several Oracle-centres, each of the seven Rishis had his
- Title: Freedom/Immortality/Social: Lecture I: The Human Soul in the Supersensible Realm and Its Relationship to the Body
- Delphi oracle, concerning its practical applications on social,
- Title: On the Fifth Gospel: Lecture XI
- Pythian Oracle. Sitting there on her tripod above the
- sought advice addressed themselves to the Pythian Oracle
- of the Pythian Oracle. And because the Luciferic and
- Title: Lecture: Karmic Relationships, Volume III: Lecture IV: The Soul's Condition of Those Who Seek for Anthroposophy
- as the Oracles.
- the Sun-Oracles, and who thus revered the Christ even in
- Mysteries on Earth — the Sun-Oracles — had
- to the Sun-Oracles. In their life after death, they came
- Title: Karmic Relationships, VII: Lecture Two
- fundamentally. The description of the Oracle of the Mercury
- Title: Gospel of John: Lecture VI: The Atlantean Oracles.
- The Atlantean Oracles.
- could learn their mysteries. Applying the later term “oracle”
- to these institutions, we have in Atlantis a Mars Oracle, where the
- mysteries of Mars were studied, a Saturn Oracle, a Jupiter Oracle, a
- Venus Oracle, and so on. The highest was the Sun Oracle; and the loftiest
- of all the initiates was the ranking initiate of the Sun Oracle.
- Corresponding to the Atlantean oracles, institutions were now established
- oracles: Mysteries, initiation temples, came into being in the post-Atlantean
- oracles, so now they were admitted to the Mysteries. There the neophytes
- Title: Gospel of John: Lecture VIII: The Initiation Mysteries.
- Even in Atlantis, therefore, there existed oracles in manifold variety.
- Title: Gospel of John: Lecture XI: The Harmonization of the Inner Forces of Man through the Christ-Impulse.
- For a long time they had no progeny. Then Laios enquired of the Oracle
- of Delphi whether he could not be vouchsafed a son; and the Oracle gave
- learned of the Oracle's prophesy: that he would kill his father and
- the Oracle. Those oracles were the last heritage of the old clairvoyance,
- Title: Gospel of John: Lecture XII: The Decline of Primeval Wisdom and its Rejuvenation through the Christ-Impulse.
- with the oracle sanctuaries — have preserved for us what is true
- of those old times. In the oracle temples specially selected people
- procedure in some special matter, the oracles were consulted; for in
- into special states of consciousness in the oracles, then only the initiates,
- no longer rely on the legacies of an ancient wisdom: even the oracles,
- and quarrels. The oracle had foretold, for example, that Laios and Jocasta
- in the face of this legacy of oracle wisdom, nothing could at that time
- to supersede the old oracle wisdom. — And in the Judas legend there
- is preserved even more clearly an indication of what the old oracle
- Title: Gospel of St. John: Lecture VI
- later name of ‘Oracle’, we may say that in Atlantis there was a
- Mars-oracle, in which the Mars Mysteries were investigated, a
- Saturn-oracle, a Venus-oracle, and so on. The highest of all was the
- Sun-oracle, and the highest initiate of the Sun-oracle was the highest
- to the oracles, after having attained the requisite maturity, was the
- Atlantean-oracles were preserved. Mysteries, sites of initiation, were
- formerly been received into the oracles, so were they now admitted
- Title: Gospel of St. John: Lecture VIII
- different ways. Even in Atlantis there were many and various oracles.
- Title: Gospel of St. John: Lecture XI
- For a long time they were childless. At last Laios asked the oracle at
- Delphi if he could not have a son. The oracle answered: If thou
- heard of the oracle foretelling that he should kill his father and wed
- father had enquired of the oracle. These oracles were the last
- In this legend we have a dream, as with Oedipus there is an oracle
- Title: Gospel of St. John: Lecture XII
- especially those related to the oracle-sanctuaries, preserve for us
- oracle, where conditions of shadowy clairvoyance still existed as an
- oracles; then only the initiates, and so on.
- oracle and ask what is to happen, the answer thou receivest will most
- surely lead thee into the fiercest strife and conflict!’ The oracle
- of the oracle).
- the old wisdom of the oracles!’ In the Judas legend we find still more
- Title: Occult History: Lecture 2
- — through what was known as an Oracle — and bore them out
- For we must think of the Oracles exactly in the sense I have indicated.
- Title: Destinies of Individuals and Nations: Lecture 4: The Nature of the Christ Impulse and the Michaelic Sprit Serving It - 1
- Oracle and was told that he would achieve what was to
- interpreted and that the oracle would mislead him.
- Title: Man/World of Stars: Lecture VI: Spiritualization of Knowledge of Space. The Mission of Michael
- places of the Oracles and in Temples, men sought to ascertain
- Title: Festival of Easter: Lecture 3: The Secret of the Moon
- Oracles held that the constellations and the mutual movements
- Title: Self-knowledge and the Portal of Initiation: Lecture
- through the centuries — words of the Delphic oracle
- Title: Mystery of Death: Lecture IX: The Relation of the Human Being to the Realms of Nature and the Hierarchies
- oracles brought the armies together at a particular place and
- Title: Social Forms: Lecture VI: New Social Forms, Soul, Material World
- simultaneously an oracle for many people. It does not even
- Title: Truths and Errors: Lecture IV: Truths of Spiritual Research
- then, so to speak, like an oracle. The things of spiritual
- Title: Oswald Spengler: Lecture III: Oswald Spengler - II
- to the oracles, and in earlier times to what can be
- Title: Schiller and Our Times: Lecture IV: Schiller's Weltanschauung and his Wallenstein
- contrary to the oracle of the stars, deceives him.
- Title: Building Stones: Lecture Six
- Sibyls delivered their oracles. People consulted them and
- took their instructions from them. One important oracle of
- particular oracle gave out this strange prophecy: “Rome
- over in her place. Oracles of course often speak ambiguously,
- into the ancient Mysteries. The Sibylline oracles and the
- the habitat of foxes and wolves as the Sibylline oracle had
- the Sibylline oracle. He wanted to save Rome from
- Title: Building Stones: Lecture Seven
- from the predictions of the Sibylline oracles that Julian
- Archedemus, the Sibyls, the Delphic Oracle and the pagan
- Title: Building Stones: Lecture Eight
- found in the well-known injunction of the Delphic oracle:
- Title: Gospel of Matthew: Lecture III
- ‘Oracles’ appeared. They were places where a
- Title: Gospel of Matthew: Lecture IV
- knowledge through the Mysteries or Oracles. Even during the
- Oracles’ — what they were called is of little
- was the head of all the Atlantean Oracles, and must be
- distinguished from the initiates of the lesser Oracles, those
- as each Oracle had its own sphere of influence. Yet, when any
- Title: Geographic Medicine: Lecture I
- It was possible, just as it was from the Delphic Oracles, to use what
- Title: Lecture: Reading the Pictures of the Apocalypse: Part 2: Lecture Two
- oracles of which there were seven. Students who had become sufficiently
- Saturn, and Moon oracles. However, the greatest and loftiest was the
- ancient sun oracle. The initiates of this sun oracle could survey all
- the other oracles and watch over them. The great sun initiate of the
- sun oracle stood at the top; he saw prophetically the water catastrophe
- the greatest initiates of the Atlantean oracle were incorporated into
- those individuals who came from the various oracles with the best aptitude
- If we were to survey the various oracles we would find everywhere what
- cultures were inspired by the great sun oracle of ancient Atlantis, and
- Title: Lecture: Reading the Pictures of the Apocalypse: Part 2: Lecture Three
- he holds the seven star oracles, through the seven Rishis, in his hand.
- Title: On the Mystery Plays: Lecture I: Self-Knowledge Portrayed in the Rosicrucian Mystery, The Portal of Initiation
- the motif of the Delphic Oracle, bring about a new life for
Rudolf Steiner Archive is maintained by: