Searching Rudolf Steiner Lectures by Date
You may select a new search term and repeat your search.
Searches are not case sensitive, and you can use
in your queries.
Query was: ormuzd
Here are the matching lines in their respective documents.
Select one of the highlighted words in the matching lines below
to jump to that point in the document.
- Title: Mission of Folk-Souls (1929): Lecture 4
- consciousness and in the form of Light and Darkness, of Ormuzd and
- Title: Lecture: Thinking and Willing as Two Poles of the Human Soul-Life
- way of expressing what in ancient Persia was understood by Ormuzd and
- Ahriman. We ought in reality to speak of Ormuzd as Lucifer and not
- that one understands this dualism in such a way that Ormuzd is looked
- Lucifer — Ormuzd
- Ormuzd of ancient times has been turned into the good God, whereas in
- willing to give the name of Lucifer to Ormuzd they carried Lucifer
- Ahriman, as the Balance between Ormuzd and Ahriman.
- Title: Vortrage: Denken, Fühlen, Wollen - Das Muspilhgedicht
- im alten Persien als Ormuzd und Ahriman vorhanden war. Da
- Ahriman. Wir müßten Ormuzd als Luzifer ansprechen und nicht
- wenn Ormuzd nur der gute Gott wäre und sein Gegner Ahriman der
- der europäischen Menschheit, daß der alte Ormuzd zu dem
- Luzifername nicht gepaßt hat für den Ormuzd, hat man den
- Ahriman, zum Ausgleich von Ormuzd und Ahriman und so weiter.
- Title: Lecture: Zarathustra
- is the derivation of the name “Ormuzd,” Spirit of Light.
- perfection is opposed by evil; in the great universe, Ormuzd and
- between Ormuzd and other lower spiritual beings, who were his
- a teaching of the two worlds of Ormuzd and of Ahriman. He taught that
- is one power whence both the realm of light (Ormuzd)
- us that the unity behind Ormuzd and Ahriman was worshipped by the
- that if we look towards the future, the Ahura of Ormuzd grows clearer
- opposition to Ormuzd; in course of time, however, their existence
- centre, Ormuzd and Ahriman, Light and Shadow, are intermingled, and
- in which Ormuzd manifested his activity to man. Zarathustra showed
- Time, the circle described by Ormuzd, the Spirit of Light, is what
- activity of Ormuzd. The course of the Sun through the Zodiac is the
- expression of the activity of Ormuzd. The Zodiac is the expression of
- are one and the same word, like Ormuzd and Ahura Mazdao.
- forces of spiritual light sent forth by Ormuzd from his realm of
- light. The signs of the Zodiac through which Ormuzd passes in the
- expressions of Ormuzd (who represents the light part of the Zodiac)
- at noon time. When Ormuzd ascends from Aries to Taurus, the effect of
- revealed to Zarathustra the many sides of the activity of Ormuzd, and
- were, the servants, the “sons” of Ormuzd, who execute his
- Maximum number of matches per file exceeded.
- Title: Mission/Folk-Souls (1970): 4. The Evolution of Races and Civilization.
- polarity of light and darkness, of Ormuzd and Ahriman.
- Title: Supersensible Knowledge: Lecture IV: The Origin of Evil
- legend of Ormuzd and Ahriman emphasizes this view more
- Title: Goetheanism as an Impulse for Man's Transformation - Lecture 5: Paganism, Hebraism, and the Greek Spirit, Hellenism
- though it were the same as, for instance, the contrast between Ormuzd
- is indeed of pagan nature and Ormuzd and Ahriman confront each other
- between Ormuzd and Ahriman, is a process such as has been taken up by
- Title: Esoteric Cosmology: Lecture XI: The Devachanic World (Heaven)
- ancient Persians, in the two opposing figures of Ormuzd and Ahriman.
- Title: At the Gates: Lecture XI: The Post-Atlantean Culture-Epochs
- more the form of a conflict between two powers — Ormuzd, representing
- Title: Lecture: Foundations of Esotericism: Lecture VIII
- forces of the world, Ormuzd and Ahriman, Good and Evil. Thus the
- Title: Lecture: Foundations of Esotericism: Lecture XXXI
- sought for. The world is good and evil, Ormuzd and Ahriman; and what
- counterpart of Ormuzd and Ahriman. The giant Ymir,
- Title: Lecture: Rosicrucian Esotericism: Lecture I: Rosicrucian Esotericism
- Ahura Mazdao, the great Aura of Ormuzd. But this Being had descended, had
- Title: Lecture: Rosicrucian Esotericism: Lecture VIII: Stages in the Evolution of our Earth. Lemurian, Atlantean, Post-Atlantean Epochs.
- That was his mission. In Ormuzd and Ahriman light and darkness are
- Title: Signs and Symbols: Lecture 1: The Birth of the Light
- is, the doctrine of Ormuzd and Ahriman. This, as the Persian period of
- Title: Lecture 6: Spiritual Beings in the Heavenly Bodies and in the Kingdoms of Nature
- Ahura Mazdao, or Ormuzd. That spirit who carried the forces of his
- Ahura Mazdao, or Ormuzd, streaming out from the Sun, and of the
- Title: Lecture: Greek and Germanic Mythology: Lecture II - The Argonaut Saga and the Odyssey
- twofold nature (it stood under the sign of the gods Ormuzd and
- Title: The East in the Light of the West: Lecture VIII
- outward path said: ‘I come to Ormuzd’; or if he took the
- Title: Lecture: The Origin of Evil
- Myth of Ormuzd and Ahriman. Occult science is the first to show how
- Title: Principle/Economy: Lecture I: The Principle of Spiritual Economy in Connection with Questions of Reincarnation: An Aspect of the Spiritual Guidance of Mankind
- Ormuzd. These names designate a Being that is now physically
- Title: Principle/Economy: Lecture IV: Results of Spiritual Scientific Investigations of the Evolution of Humanity: I
- them to become one with Ahura Mazdao — Ormuzd. Ahriman
- Title: Principle/Economy: Lecture XI: From Buddha to Christ
- Ahura Mazdao. Occultists of later ages called it Ormuzd.
- Title: Poetry/Speech: Lecture V: Poetry and Recitation
- Title: Gospel of Luke: Lecture Six
- world, Zarathustra spoke of two Powers: Ormuzd and Ahriman or ‘Angra
- Ormuzd and Ahriman is waged in the human soul, and it is because of the
- Title: Temple Legend: Lecture 14: Concerning the Lost Temple and How It Is To Be Restored - 4
- into himself; but he is always confronted by evil. Ormuzd and Ahriman
- Title: Temple Legend: Lecture 17: Freemasonry and Human Evolution I
- sexes. Dualism then appeared — Ormuzd and Ahriman, Good and Evil. All
- Title: How Can Mankind Find Christ Again?: Lecture 5: The Change in the Human Soul Constitution
- when Zeus, Jahve, Osiris, Ormuzd, were believed in, the manner of human
- Title: Riddles of the World: Lecture VI: The Basic Concepts of Theosophy. Human Races
- that there is good and bad. Here Ormuzd and Ahriman confront
- Title: Riddles of the World: Lecture XIII: Lucifer
- Persian legend speaks of two contrary divinities, of Ormuzd,
- Title: Knowledge of Soul and Spirit: Lecture XIV: The Hell
- Persian culture where the realms of the good forces, of Ormuzd,
- Title: Gospel/Matthew (1965): Lecture 1
- with Ahura Mazdao, with the power of Ormuzd. Ormuzd
- Title: Gospel/Matthew (1965): Lecture 2
- Ormuzd, the Good Being of Light, and that of Ahriman, the
- that these two, principles — Ormuzd or Ahura
- Light characterized as that of Ormuzd, and an evil
- Title: Gospel/Matthew (1965): Lecture 3
- spoke to his pupils of Ormuzd, or Ahura Mazdao, the great
- Title: Gospel/Matthew (1965): Lecture 10
- Mazdao or Ormuzd — of whom Zarathustra could only
- Title: Theosophy/Rosicrucian: Lecture XII: Evolution of Mankind on the Earth II
- was expressed in Ormuzd and Ahriman, the good and the bad divinity,
- Title: Turning Points: Lecture 1: Zarathustra
- came the name, ‘Ormuzd’, or, ‘The Spirit of
- throughout the universe is Ormuzd opposed by Ahriman. In these
- Ormuzd, and those spirit beings by whom he was served.
- doctrine of two worlds — the worlds of Ormuzd and of Ahriman;
- birth to both The Realm of Light (Ormuzd) and to The Realm of
- ‘Unity’ underlying Ormuzd and Ahriman. With reference
- Light-Realms of Ormuzd; but if we turn our eyes upon the past, we
- realize how the powers of Ahriman, which oppose Ormuzd, are
- profound. When we are midway, then is the light (Ormuzd)
- ever traversed by Ormuzd, The Spirit of Light. In other words,
- an expression of the activity of Ormuzd; while the Zodiac itself
- Ormuzd and Ahura Mazdao.
- forces ever flowing outward from the Light-Realms of Ormuzd. That
- We have stated that Zarathustra regarded Ormuzd
- gloom. In what way do the activities of Ormuzd and Ahriman find
- activities of Ormuzd proceeding from different directions, and
- While Ormuzd controls all active functions in the
- of Ormuzd is manifested in the full radiance of the sun, shining
- good genii standing by the side of Ormuzd.’ Zarathustra
- spirit entities; six or seven on the side of Ormuzd, and five or
- Maximum number of matches per file exceeded.
- Title: Theosophy and Rosicrucianism: Lecture VIII: Supplementary Thoughts on the Law of Reincarnation and Karma
- religion, with its Ormuzd and Ahriman cult may be traced back
- Title: Gospel of John (Basle): Lecture VI
- the Gods Ormuzd and Ahriman; he strove to unite himself with
- Title: Gospel of John: Lecture VIII: Human Evolution in its Relation to the Christ Principle
- between Ormuzd and Ahriman in which the
- Title: Gospel of John: Lecture IV: The Hierarchical Beings of our Solar System and the Kingdoms of the Earth.
- space! And queer people such as the old Persians believed in Ormuzd,
- Title: Gospel of St. John: Lecture IV
- Persian believed in Ormuzd, the good God, and in his opponent Ahriman!
- Title: Occult History: Lecture 5
- himself through the two opposing powers, Ormuzd and Ahriman. The ancient
- Title: Materialism/Anthroposophy: Lecture XII
- in the Ormuzd worship, the Anglo-Saxon element in Ahrimanic initiations.
- offshoot of the Ormuzd or Ahura-Mazdao culture has remained
- world view emerges as modern culture. Indeed, like Ormuzd and
- times. We find poured into this Ormuzd stream everything that
- the last offshoots of the Ormuzd cult. These last traces can
- continuation of the Ormuzd element in those times in which
- shining forth of Ormuzd's spirit that very nearly sees
- speaking, we see the obsolete, archaic light of Ormuzd. On
- continuing Ormuzd worship. We must be aware of everything
- might say, is certainly the newest phase of the Ormuzd
- bring to bear as the Ormuzd initiation in the new form for
- gods, for he really went back to the cult of Ormuzd. And he
- of the outmoded Ormuzd worship, the element that should be
- Ormuzd worship. Then we confront the element arising from the
- Ormuzd worship, to the ahrimanic worship, something that will
- Title: Lecture: History of the Physical Plane and Occult History
- the good forces of Ormuzd, in order to develop the forces of
- Title: Lecture: The Dedication of an Anthroposophical Group
- aura, man. Ahura Mazdao is the same as Ormuzd. And Zarathustra taught
- Title: Mission/Volksseelen: Vierter Vortrag
- Finsternis, von Ormuzd und Ahriman enthalten.
- Title: Matthaus-Evangelium: Erster Vortrag
- verbindet mit Ahura Mazdao, mit der Kraft des Ormuzd. Ormuzd
- dem Ormuzd, dem Ahura Mazdao!
- Title: Matthaus-Evangelium: Zweiter Vortrag
- das Prinzip des Ormuzd, des guten, lichtvollen Wesens,
- betont, daß diese beiden Prinzipien - Ormuzd oder Ahura
- ziemlich konkret charakterisieren konnte als das Ormuzdprinzip,
- Title: Matthaus-Evangelium: Dritter Vortrag
- Ormuzd, als Ahura Mazdao, als die Große Aura der Sonne.
- Title: Matthaus-Evangelium: Zehnter Vortrag
- Mazdao oder Ormuzd -, von dem ja Zarathustra nur sagen konnte,
- Title: Antworten der Geisteswissenschaft: Vortrag IX: Zarathustra
- Mazdao, Auramazda! Daraus wurde dann der Name Ormuzd oder
- sich in der großen Welt gegenüber Ormuzd und Ahriman.
- Zarathustra von diesem allumfassenden Ormuzd sozusagen die
- Diener, die dienenden geistigen Wesenheiten des Ormuzd. Bevor
- Zwei-Welten-Lehre, eine Lehre von der Welt des Ormuzd und der
- des Schattens, das Reich des Ormuzd wie das des Ahriman. Es ist
- was Zarathustra als das Einheitliche hinter Ormuzd und
- des Lichtreiches, des Ormuzd, sehen. Wenn wir in die
- daß wir da in die dem Ormuzd gegnerischen Kräfte, in
- haben wir selbst Licht und Schatten — Ormuzd und Ahriman
- Schriftzeichen, das Ahura Mazdao oder Ormuzd den Menschen
- welche Ormuzd beschreibt, der Geist des Lichtes. Das ist
- der Ausdruck für die geistige Tätigkeit des Ormuzd.
- der Tätigkeit des Ormuzd, und Zaruana akarana hat sein
- Wort so wie «Ormuzd» und «Ahura Mazdao».
- Kräfte schickt sie uns aus dem Lichtreich des Ormuzd.
- Derjenige Teil des Tierkreises also, den Ormuzd während
- uns, wie Ormuzd unbehindert von Ahriman wirkt; diejenigen
- Wodurch drückt nun sowohl Ormuzd, der gedacht ist als der
- Ormuzd von den verschiedenen Riehtungen, die symbolisiert
- Maximum number of matches per file exceeded.
- Title: History of Art: Lecture III: Dürer and Holbein
- darkness — Ormuzd and Ahriman — we take these things too
- Title: Egyptian Myths: Lecture 2
- moon. Ahura Mazdao or Ormuzd, the Light-aura, is the being whom the
- Title: Egyptian Myths: Lecture 3
- principle of darkness, the opposition of Ormuzd to Ahriman. The third
- Title: Egyptian Myths: Lecture 9
- the beneficent fullness of light, the god Ahura Mazdao or Ormuzd, and
- Title: Influence of Spiritual Beings Upon Man: Lecture VII
- Ormuzd, against the Spirit of matter, Ahriman. But the Persian had an
- Title: Universe, Earth and Man: Lecture II: Ancient Wisdom and the new Apocalyptic Wisdom. Temple sleep. Isis and the Madonna. Past stages of Evolution. The bestowing of the Ego. Future Powers.
- Ormuzd, the good Deity, and Ahriman, the destroying Deity. This was
- Title: Universe, Earth and Man: Lecture XI: The progress of man. His conquest of the physical plane in the post-Atlantean civilizations. The beginning and up-building of the 'I am.' The chosen people.
- Persian made a friend and companion of the God Ormuzd in order that he
- Title: Earthly/Cosmic Man: Lecture 7: The Signature of Human Evolution The Advancing Individuality
- Space, to the light of the Sun, to Ahura Mazdao or Ormuzd.
- Title: Apocalypse of John: Lecture III
- god Ormuzd helps man, when man puts himself in his service.
- When he fulfils the will of Ormuzd he changes this world into
- good spiritual beings, the servants of Ormuzd, the god of
- Title: Gospel of Matthew: Lecture I
- attach himself to Ahura Mazdao, to the power of Ormuzd.
- Ormuzd is an ascending stream. But if a man leaves Nature as
- unite ourselves with Ormuzd, Ahura Mazdao.’
- Title: Gospel of Matthew: Lecture II
- as the principle of Ormuzd, the beneficent Being of Light,
- according to Zarathustra, there proceeded from Time, Ormuzd,
- Title: Gospel of Matthew: Lecture III
- described by Zarathustra to his pupils as Ormuzd, or Ahura
- Title: Gospel of Matthew: Lecture X
- the Sun — Ahura Mazdao or Ormuzd. Stress is laid on the
- Title: Aspects/Evolution: Lecture III
- spiritual world became dark. The teaching about Ormuzd and
- Title: Lecture: Reading the Pictures of the Apocalypse: Part 2: Lecture Two
- concerning Ormuzd and Ahriman, a teaching concerning good and evil. The
Rudolf Steiner Archive is maintained by: