Searching Rudolf Steiner Lectures by Date
You may select a new search term and repeat your search.
Searches are not case sensitive, and you can use
in your queries.
Query was: redeemer
Here are the matching lines in their respective documents.
Select one of the highlighted words in the matching lines below
to jump to that point in the document.
- Title: Lecture: And The Temple Becomes Man
- originally over a grave, indeed over the Grave of the Redeemer,
- Title: Between Death and Rebirth: Lecture Five
- Thus the Buddha became a Redeemer and Saviour for Mars
- Title: Lecture: The Birth of Christ in the Human Soul
- of the Redeemer dying on Golgotha, as they came during
- Title: Four Seasons/Archangels: Lecture I: The Michael Imagination
- celebrate the birth of the Redeemer, and at Easter the death
- and resurrection of the Redeemer, and as at St. John's Tide we
- — just as you bow thankfully before the birth of the Redeemer
- Title: Tension Between East and West: Lecture 4: Spiritual Geography
- the Redeemer, the human body on it. In the West, countless men
- Title: Supersensible Knowledge: Lecture XII: Richard Wagner and Mysticism
- sacrifice? Is it not an instance of what the Redeemer on the
- Redeemer; he cannot believe that someone can guide mankind
- the Cross, Wagner saw the blood flowing from the Redeemer,
- just as he also perceived that the words of the Redeemer:
- become redeemers.
- redeemed by the Redeemer. But Wagner adds the question: "When
- is the Redeemer redeemed?" He is redeemed when He abides in
- Redemption for the Redeemer!
- Parsifal: Redemption for the Redeemer.
- Title: Way of Knowledge
- flowed out of the wounds of the Redeemer, at that moment the
- Title: Esoteric Cosmology: Lecture II: The Mission of Manicheism
- The aim of Manicheism is to sublimate men to be redeemers.
- Title: Esoteric Cosmology: Lecture XVII: Redemption and Liberation
- Christ as the Redeemer. In reality, karma is a redemption of man by
- oriental philosophy. It is said that the idea of a Redeemer of men
- redemption, Christ is the Redeemer.
- of the Redeemer. It is not revelation but truth which makes men free:
- Title: Third Lecture: The Gospel of St. John
- Title: At the Gates: Lecture VI: The Upbringing of Children. Karma.
- Title: Festivals/Easter: Lecture IV: Spirit Triumphant
- with which art portrayed the sufferings of the Redeemer. Nevertheless
- Redeemer suffering and dying on the Cross, leave was taken of a truly
- the Redeemer rises this same attitude of mind, in the year 869
- the sake of emotional life, the picture of the dying Redeemer as the
- abundantly clear that the figure of the crucified Redeemer
- pain-racked Redeemer must not confound him; he must learn that pain is
- Title: Festivals/Easter: Lecture VII: Spiritual Bells of Easter, I
- approached. We may ask: Why does not Kashiapa, like the Redeemer in
- Title: Festivals/Easter: Lecture VIII: Spiritual Bells of Easter, II
- but the portal to the finding of the Redeemer, Who clothed Himself
- flowing from the wounds of the Redeemer on the Cross. He gathered the
- Grail. And the chalice with the blood of the Redeemer, with the secret
- Title: Lecture: Foundations of Esotericism: Lecture VIII
- death Christ becomes the Redeemer of materialism.
- Title: Lecture: Rosicrucian Esotericism: Lecture IX: Man's Experience after Death
- the blood flowed from the wounds of the Redeemer, this was not only
- the physical expression of the ego flowed from the wounds of the Redeemer
- the Redeemer's wounds. When Christ was no longer living in the physical
- flowing from the wounds of the Redeemer.
- that flowed on Golgotha from the wounds of the Redeemer the superfluous
- Title: Signs and Symbols: Lecture 1: The Birth of the Light
- the birth of the Christian Redeemer only since the fourth century A.D.
- redeemer from evil, who led mankind from evil to good, and he was most
- development even now. As the Messiah, the Redeemer, created a unison
- Title: Lecture: Lecture IV: Occult Signs and Symbols
- of the seal, the mystical lamb, the sign of the Redeemer. This
- we find its meaning in the mystery of the Redeemer. Just as we are
- Title: Lecture: The Christmas Festival: A Token of the Victory of the Sun
- Redeemer makes us aware of the Glory streaming through the wide
- Title: Life Between ... V: Life Between Death and Rebirth 1
- and at another by Him Who is the Redeemer, the Savior and the
- Title: Life Between ... XIII: Life Between Death and Rebirth 2
- beginning of the seventeenth century the Buddha became the redeemer,
- Title: Lecture: Michaelmas-Soul: Lecture IV
- hold the mystery of the Christmas Festival. The Redeemer could unite only
- Title: Mystery Centres: Lecture IX
- news of the Redeemer living on earth in a physical body, gained the
- magnificent imaginative pictures which announced the Redeemer as a
- Title: Principle/Economy: Lecture X: The God of the Alpha and the God of the Omega
- when the blood flowed from the wounds of the Redeemer, when
- Title: Lecture III: The Balance in the World and Man, Lucifer and Ahriman
- Thus we are truly, in a certain connection, redeemers of Lucifer. When
- Title: From Jesus to Christ: Lecture V: Redemption of the Physical Body
- from the traditional story of Job: ‘I know that my Redeemer
- Redeemer liveth,’ says Job, ‘I know that one day I shall
- Redeemer-thought the external body, skin and bones, eyes which see
- the physical bodily form in connection with the Redeemer-thought,
- is a possibility that my body may be saved, because my Redeemer
- must have the consciousness that my Redeemer liveth.’
- outcome, then we must add: ‘I know that my Redeemer liveth.’
- Title: From Jesus to Christ: Lecture IX: The Exoteric Path to Christ
- the real Redeemer, of whom the soul knew that He must be there, in
- Title: Gospel of Luke: Lecture One
- the East, being led by the star to the place where the Redeemer was
- parents of the Redeemer fled with the child to Egypt; when Herod was
- Title: Gospel of Luke: Lecture Ten
- sweat fell from the Redeemer like drops of blood, was carried further
- Title: Esoteric Christianity: The Mission of Christian Rosenkreutz
- forces sent to the earth by Buddha as the redeemer of Mars stream to
- Title: Temple Legend: Lecture 12: Concerning the Lost Temple and How It Is To Be Restored - 2
- what the Redeemer has wished for. For,’ they continued,
- clarity, as the Redeemer actually intended that it should. We saw
- Title: Temple Legend: Lecture 13: Concerning the Lost Temple and How It Is To Be Restored - 3
- the Redeemer hung was made out of this [same] wood, after which it
- Cross on which the Redeemer hung. He who unites the two earlier
- on the other, have become united in the Redeemer hanging on the
- Cross, where the higher principles are in the Redeemer Himself, and
- Title: Et Incarnatus Est
- Redeemer, shone toward the earth from the constellation of
- personality known through the centuries as the Redeemer of the
- humanity for centuries has recognized as the Redeemer of the
- Title: History of Art: Lecture 11: Fourth and Fifth Post-Atlantean Epochs, Medieval Art in the Middle, West, and South of Europe
- secret form is contained in this picture of the Redeemer's face, of
- Title: History of Art: Lecture 13: The Changes in the Conception of Christ During a Certain Period of Time
- as Christ became a Redeemer in regard to the unfolding of the other
- powers of humanity, so He becomes a Redeemer also in regard to this
- life that his destiny, as it were, prefigured the destiny of the Redeemer
- Redeemer something has already entered, which in the manner of fashioning
- picture and especially over the figure of the Redeemer. Here for the
- first time in art, the Redeemer becomes the model for the Western priest.
- Title: Mystery Trinity: Part 1, Lecture 4
- the healer, the savior-redeemer, through Christ who went through the
- Title: Esoteric Studies: Lecture I: Cosmic Aspect of Life Between Death and New Birth
- Redeemer. It was a sacrifice for him. You only have to remember
- Title: Theosophy/Rosicrucian: Lecture V: Mans Communal Life Between Death and a New Birth. Birth into the Physical World.
- era, the Redeemer Himself, Christ Jesus, was depicted by the symbol of
- A.D. was the Redeemer portrayed on the Cross.
- Title: Theosophy/Rosicrucian: Lecture VII: The Technique of Karma
- plane. The death on the Cross of the Redeemer, of the one central
- Title: Turning Points: Lecture 6: Christ and the Twentieth Century
- by the deeds of this beloved Redeemer that we find a dim echo of
- Title: Richard Wagner: Lecture IV
- temptation until the redeemer appears who vanquishes Klingsor.
- Title: Theosophy and Rosicrucianism: Lecture XII: The Stages of Christian Initiation
- one, to see oneself in the situation of the Redeemer with the
- Crucifixion. Even as the Redeemer carried the Cross, so one
- Title: Theosophy and Rosicrucianism: Lecture XIII: The Rosicrucian Training
- Redeemer's wound banished egoism from the earth. The spear
- Title: Gospel of John: Lecture XIII: The Cosmic Significance of the Mystery of Golgotha.
- was given when the blood flowed from the wounds of our Redeemer on Golgotha.
- Title: Gospel of John: Lecture XIV: The Earth as Christ's Body and as a New Light Center.
- had prophesied of the child that it would become a Buddha, the Redeemer,
- Title: Gospel of St. John: Lecture XIII
- wounds of the Redeemer on Golgotha. The earth then began to glow,
- Title: Gospel of St. John: Lecture XIV
- the Redeemer, the guide to immortality, freedom, and light.’ Other
- Title: Lecture IX: Man in the Light of Occultism
- Saviour and Redeemer of Mars men. He has to accomplish on Mars an
- Saviour and Redeemer. If it were possible for us to compare the
- Title: Lecture X: Man in the Light of Occultism
- to the influence of a redeemer and a saviour, one who liberates men to
- Title: Lecture: Supersensible Influences: Lecture VI: Spiritual InFluence in History, -or- Pope Nicholas I
- Europe desirous of visiting the Grave of the Redeemer might find their
- the Cross caught the blood flowing from the Redeemer. This Cup was then
- Redeemer in Jerusalem was the place where He had celebrated the Last
- which the cult was outwardly connected: the Grave of the Redeemer and
- forth on the pilgrimage to the Grave of the Redeemer.
- the Redeemer, men desired to glimpse again what the West had lost. The
- Redeemer's death came to the tomb, were told: He Whom ye seek is no
- Title: History of Art: Lecture XI: Fourth and Fifth Post-Atlantean Epochs, Medieval Art in the Middle, West, and South of Europe
- revealed form of the Redeemer's face, of Veronica's face, in
- Redeemer Himself. Please recall the paintings of the Cologne
- Title: History of Art: Lecture XIII: The Changes in the Conception of Christ During a Certain Period of Time
- can now say that as the Christ became the redeemer in relation
- became the redeemer in relation to this view of art. Imagine an
- the redeemer destiny — Socrates traditionally didn't
- here, also with the Redeemer's form — and this is our main
- particularly over the figure of the Redeemer. Here, primarily,
- the Redeemer is shown as a model in art to western priests. In
- Title: Lecture: The European Mysteries and Their Initiates
- from the wounds of the Redeemer, men saw the expression of the human
- mystery of the blood flowing from the Redeemer's wounds, that men were
- Title: Mission/Rosenkreutz: Lecture VII. The Mission of Gautama Buddha on Mars
- Rosenkreutz, forces sent to the Earth by Buddha as the Redeemer of
- Title: History of Art: Lecture I: Cimabue, Giotto, and Other Italian Masters
- person of the Redeemer Himself, or the Madonna, the angelic
- rich imagination of the Greeks. We find the Redeemer Himself
- first Christian centuries. Should the Redeemer be represented in
- Title: History of Art: Lecture IV: Mid-European and Southern Art
- here, receives the Blood of the Redeemer dropping downward from the
- Blood of the Redeemer flowing from the Cross. You will realise with
- Title: Lecture: Easter
- his Redeemer's resurrection, and was earlier celebrated as
- harmony. Vishnu is described as a kind of redeemer, awakener
- spiritual significance of the World redeemer was brought into
- Ram or Lamb, and be considered the festival of the Redeemer's
- that extent, are a redeemer from evil .
- Title: Lecture: How Do I Find the Christ?
- and all of us the Redeemer the Healer of the sickness that
- Title: Egyptian Myths: Lecture 11
- egoism. In the same moment when the Redeemer's blood flowed on
- The Redeemer's blood flowed out in the material world, while the
- Redeemer this is something that belongs to the mysteries of
- Title: Universe, Earth and Man: Lecture X: The reflection in the fourth epoch of mans experiences with the ancient Gods and their way of the Cross. The Christ-Mystery.
- the Redeemer on Golgotha. At the moment when the wounds of the
- Redeemer bled there was implanted within humanity the seed of the
- Title: Apocalypse of John: Lecture VI
- Redeemer. This moment is an extremely important one, the most
- moment when the blood flows from the wounds of the Redeemer
- Title: Apocalypse of John: Lecture XII
- Redeemer, he would have perceived that its whole astral aura
- Title: Aspects/Evolution: Lecture III
- God-man has no use for a historical redeemer or even for an
- Title: Easter/Pentecost: Lecture I: Thoughts on Easter
- suffering Redeemer throughout the various epochs, so much the
- embodied as the pain of the Redeemer in so stupendous a way
- the same it is true that with this presentation of the Redeemer
- grave from which the Redeemer rose victorious, is the same
- feelings stirred by the representation of the dying Redeemer.
- dying, suffering Redeemer, but must learn how pain is bound up
- Title: Lecture: Reading the Pictures of the Apocalypse: Part 1: Lecture Four
- because they have rejected the signal from the redeemer. This tragedy
- because he had pushed the redeemer away from himself.
- Title: Lecture: Reading the Pictures of the Apocalypse: Part 2: Lecture One
- the redeemer. The Messiah, Paul said to himself, could not end up like
- Title: Lecture: Reading the Pictures of the Apocalypse: Part 2: Lecture Four
- the blood flowed from the wounds of the redeemer, Christ appeared in the
- the teaching of the Maitreya Buddha? Through the fact that the redeemer
- Title: Lecture: Reading the Pictures of the Apocalypse: Part 2: Lecture Five
- color, radiated with different colors when the redeemer died on Golgotha.
Rudolf Steiner Archive is maintained by: