Searching Rudolf Steiner Lectures by Date
You may select a new search term and repeat your search.
Searches are not case sensitive, and you can use
in your queries.
Query was: siegfried
Here are the matching lines in their respective documents.
Select one of the highlighted words in the matching lines below
to jump to that point in the document.
- Title: Lecture: Goethe and the Evolution of Consciousness
- soul. It is related in connection with Siegfried, for example, that
- Title: Lecture: The National Epics With Especial Attention to the Kalevala
- in the Niebelungen saga, Siegfried of Xanten on the lower Rhine who
- figures as Brunnhilde of Iceland, and Siegfried: Siegfried is described
- of the treasure of the Niebelungen Siegfried conquers Brunnhilde, and
- faithful servant Hagen to kill Siegfried. That again shows us a feature
- which appears so remarkably in the Sagas of Central Europe. Siegfried
- before us as a tragedy. The powers which Siegfried possesses through
- In this, Sigurd, who is none other than Siegfried, appears as the conqueror
- of which Siegfried had command, whereby he could make himself invisible,
- does Siegfried stand? That is shown to us in Brunnhilde's relation to
- Kriemhilde, the wife of Siegfried. What the two figures signify cannot
- Siegfried's relation to Kriemhilde, we have to see his relation to his
- that is, the clairvoyant secrets of the ancient times, Siegfried brought
- powers. The Earth has altered her conditions. Hence, Siegfried, who
- present age stand in relation to what is still active in Siegfried?
- Title: Supersensible Knowledge: Lecture XII: Richard Wagner and Mysticism
- Characters like Siegfried and Lohengrin do not display
- particular interest in the figure of Siegfried can easily be
- through the union of Wotan and Erda. Siegfried is to be
- initiation. Siegfried represents the new, the different human
- individual consciousness develops in Siegfried.
- Title: Necessity and Freedom: Lecture IV: The Roman World and the Teutonic Tribes
- life of Siegfried, his marriage to Kriemhild, his wooing
- Title: Spirit of Fichte: Lecture I: The Spirit of Fichte Present in Our Midst
- Title: Esoteric Cosmology: Lecture VIII: The Christian Mystery
- Hydra, of St. George and Siegfried with the dragon.
- Title: Festivals/Easter: Lecture VI: Easter: The Mystery of the Future
- in Wagner's. Siegfried is killed by a thrust between his
- Title: Lecture: Foundations of Esotericism: Lecture XXXI
- these Northern prophets in what later became the Siegfried Saga.
- heel, Siegfried with the exception of the spot between the shoulders.
- nature is vulnerable, just as Hephaistos is lame. The German Siegfried
- invulnerable by the One who bore the cross. With Siegfried the Gods
- Title: Lecture 8: Spiritual Beings in the Heavenly Bodies and in the Kingdoms of Nature
- It was stated that after Siegfried was dead, she took for herself the
- Title: Lecture: Greek and Germanic Mythology: Lecture III - The Sigfried Saga
- In order to acquire a right understanding of the Siegfried saga we
- initiate Siegfried. Let us briefly run through the salient points of
- the Siegfried saga.
- Siegfried is wooing Brunhild. At the same time we are told that
- Siegfried is acknowledged to be a personality out of the ordinary.
- plunged into the Styx and was vulnerable in his heel. Siegfried is
- of the fifth race and hence by Siegfried. He came into possession of
- Now you all know how the Siegfried saga goes on in this old form. It
- that Gunther woos Brunhild of Iceland. Twice Siegfried overcomes
- her. Gunther woos her, but Siegfried in the cloak of invisibility
- it was not Gunther who had vanquished her, but that Siegfried was
- Siegfried. But she has yet to learn how she can do it. She wins to her
- predecessor always comes into conflict with his successor. Siegfried
- Siegfried's ruin. To this end Kriemhild must betray that he is
- so says the Siegfried saga because it still lacks
- vacant. Hence Siegfried is still vulnerable in this spot. Siegfried,
- Siegfried too is overcome by the powers which have remained over from
- Siegfried saga.
- revenge on those who had killed Siegfried. She achieves this by
- it. The Siegfried saga had long been the apocalypse of the northern
- Maximum number of matches per file exceeded.
- Title: Lecture: Greek and Germanic Mythology: Lecture IV - The Trojan War
- This invulnerability, which we find in Siegfried, is also to be found
- Title: Christ Impulse: Lecture 7: The Further Development of Conscience
- comparisons of religions proving that the figure of Siegfried
- Title: Lecture: Curative Education: Lecture 10
- Jena-Lichtenhain, founded by Franz Löffler, Siegfried Pickert,
- Title: Excursus/Mark: III: Excursus: Lecture III
- is right or wrong, and have done, for instance, what Siegfried did,
- Initiate!” But Siegfried's individual evolution does not
- Spiritual Being is working. Siegfried may have faults. But what
- cannot be treated alike; Siegfried cannot be judged in the same way
- Title: Where/How/Spirit: Lecture XVIII: The European Mysteries and Their Initiates
- Sieg, Siegfried, or Sigge. All legends about Siegfried go back
- would come to the legends of the Nibelungs and Siegfried and
- Title: Riddles of the World: Lecture XV: Germanic and Indian Secret Doctrines
- Siegfried, who is overcome, finds his higher self, this
- Title: Riddles of the World: Lecture XVII: Siegfried and the Twilight of the Gods
- Siegfried and the Twilight of the Gods
- the Siegfried myth today; I can only give some points of view
- Siegfried figure is known from the German version of The
- Song of the Nibelungs at first. You know, Siegfried was
- that his spouse avenges Siegfried at the Hun court of Etzel or
- These are the main traits of Siegfried's figure. The traits in
- legend, we find Siegfried in the possession of the magic hood
- we are led by the figure of Siegfried or Sigurd into the world
- significant trait that Siegfried, the sprig of the old gods
- This Siegfried is a legend type that we can often notice in the
- Scholarship has often seen in Siegfried the symbol of a sun
- world of gods and the Siegfried legend only if we also assume
- Thus, Siegfried is the initiate of the Germanic prehistoric
- least. This applies to all initiates, also to Siegfried.
- ceremonies of Siegfried. There were such initiates in those
- shown in the fact that Siegfried, who was already engaged with
- in the Siegfried legend. The times are past in which bravery
- more intimate: When Siegfried should be betrayed; his woman
- one thing. Siegfried has remained vulnerable where the moral
- essence of Christianity. This did not yet belong to Siegfried's
- Maximum number of matches per file exceeded.
- Title: Riddles of the World: Lecture XVIII: Parzival and Lohengrin
- again, what takes, actually, the Siegfried and the Nibelungs
- legends of the Nibelungs and of Siegfried are echoes of the
- found Siegfried as such a great initiate of the Teutons.
- the legends of Siegfried and the Nibelungs point to an ancient
- What I have told to you about the initiation of Siegfried, of
- Title: History of Art: Lecture 12: Greek and Early Christian Art, Symbolic Signs, the Mystery of Gold
- Gold, was connected the figure of Siegfried who acquired the gold, but
- Niebelungen-Saga connected with the figure of Siegfried is connected with
- message of Siegfried? What does the “Song of the Niebelungs”
- placed itself opposite the gold. Siegfried went to Iceland in order to
- Title: Gospel/Matthew (1965): Lecture 12
- lives of the Germanic Siegfried and some Greek or other
- us say, by Siegfried's life. But these things can be
- Title: Richard Wagner: Lecture I
- distinguish three stages in Wagner's treatment of the Siegfried legend.
- at least in one sphere. In his Siegfried he wished to portray a
- connection with the Siegfried-poem.
- Title: Richard Wagner: Lecture II
- relate first of all of Siegfried, an initiate, who was able, after a
- incarnation is Siegfried, the descendant of gods. Human initiates now take
- Siegfried passes
- Siegfried was still vulnerable — the coming of the
- very point where Siegfried could be wounded to death.
- Title: Richard Wagner: Lecture III
- female soul-element, gives birth to Siegfried, the human consciousness
- turn Siegfried into a black magician, but Siegfried rebels. He has
- second phase, and in Siegfried the human being itself is born. Imprisoned
- complete initiation. Siegfried still possesses one vulnerable spot,
- where Christ bore the Cross. Siegfried cannot as yet take the Cross
- a necessity for them. Siegfried cannot unite himself with Brunhilde.
- must be conquered. The fact that Siegfried wishes to become united
- Siegfried forgets Brunhilde and weds Gudrun, the lower consciousness.
- of Siegfried's ruin. He must incur death through the lower powers in
- Wagner's Siegfried
- with Siegfried rides into the fire, and love is born out of it. The whole
- Title: Gospel of Mark: Lecture 7
- vulnerability of Achilles' heel, of Siegfried and Oedipus
- Title: Symptom 2 Reality: Lecture VI: Brief Reflections on the Publication of the New Edition of 'The Philosophy of Freedom'
- Siegfried Nacht. I do not know what has become of him —
- Title: History of Art: Lecture XII: Greek and Early Christian Art, Symbolic Signs, the Mystery of Gold
- With the gold mystery the figure of Siegfried is connected, who
- Everything which is connected to the Siegfried figure is
- deepest mystery of gold. What did Siegfried's friend tell him?
- light contrasted by the gold. Siegfried was drawn to Isenland
- Title: Background/Mark: Lecture Five: The Two Main Streams of Post-Atlantean Civilisation
- matter of right or wrong as, for instance, Siegfried behaved,
- as Siegfried, through whom a spiritual Being was working, the
- consideration. Siegfried may well have had faults. What
- cannot be adopted universally and Siegfried cannot be judged
- of culture, for a figure such as Siegfried differs radically
- Title: Lecture: The Old Sagas of the Gods
- and the offspring of Wotan, Siegmund, Sigurd, and Siegfried
- the initiations was undergone by Siegfried, he overcame the
- Title: Lecture: The European Mysteries and Their Initiates
- Siegfried: Sikke. All the Siegfried myths are to be traced back to
- the Niebelung and Siegfried legends that points back to the ancient
- Title: Matthaus-Evangelium: Zwolfter Vortrag
- Siegfried-Leben und irgendein griechisches oder sonstiges
- kommt es an, daß das Siegfried-Leben so und so
- Title: Egyptian Myths: Lecture 5
- combating the dragon. Even in the figure of Siegfried with the dragon,
- Title: Universe, Earth and Man: Lecture XI: The progress of man. His conquest of the physical plane in the post-Atlantean civilizations. The beginning and up-building of the 'I am.' The chosen people.
- Europe Siegfried was looked on as the last of the heroes of
- initiation. This fact is preserved in the legend of Siegfried, which
- where something remarkable is ascribed to Siegfried he was
- Siegfried was vulnerable was covered by the cross in the journey to
- Title: Universe, Earth and Man: Lecture X: The reflection in the fourth epoch of mans experiences with the ancient Gods and their way of the Cross. The Christ-Mystery.
- All such names as Siegfried and Sigurd preserve exoterically the
- Title: Origin and Destination of Humanity: Lecture VIII: Friedrich Nietzsche in the Light of Spiritual Science
- near Lucerne. At that time, Richard Wagner occupied himself with Siegfried.
- Title: Apocalypse of John: Lecture I
- legend of Siegfried, which has remained like a last page out
- Siegfried is really the representative of the ancient nordic
- Siegfried. Thus even here is symptomatically indicated how
- Title: Gospel of Matthew: Lecture XII
- life of Siegfried to some Greek hero? They do certainly
- and such things occurred in the life of Siegfried, but who
- Title: Lecture: Reading the Pictures of the Apocalypse: Part 1: Lecture Two
- representations of what was experienced. In the Siegfried legend
- was said of Siegfried that he had already united with the Valkyries here
- Siegfried had already experienced union with the Valkyries here on earth,
- death of Siegfried. When experiencing initiation in the ancient mysteries
- who will bring the new initiation. Siegfried is vulnerable to Hagen
- “Die Siegfriedsage” in
- [“The Legend of Siegfried” in Esoteric and
- suffocates Siegfried after a hunt while Siegfried is drinking at
- Title: History of the Middle Ages: Lecture I: Celts, Teutons, and Slavs
- Siegfried or Roland, or the king's son Mark, were extolled in the
Rudolf Steiner Archive is maintained by: