Searching Rudolf Steiner Lectures by Date
You may select a new search term and repeat your search.
Searches are not case sensitive, and you can use
in your queries.
Query was: spartan
Here are the matching lines in their respective documents.
Select one of the highlighted words in the matching lines below
to jump to that point in the document.
- Title: Christ Impulse: Lecture 6: The Birth of Conscience
- Athenian, a Spartan, a Theban, a member of his city, and the
- Title: Mystery Centres: Lecture II
- in Ancient Greece, the distinction between the Spartans and the
- worked so as to bring about different results for the Spartans and
- way by the Spartans and in a different way by the Athenians. By the
- Spartans it was above all considered necessary to allow the boys to
- by means of the body alone. Therefore the Spartan boy was urged to do
- sunlight in the right way. To the Spartans it was a matter of
- The Spartan boy was so treated that his skin was made
- beautiful words. The Spartan boy, on the other hand, was shut up in
- have content. The Spartan speeches, which were but seldom heard, were
- Title: Human Values in Education: Lecture IX
- more arduous way in the case of the Spartans. For him it was
- Title: History of Art: Lecture IV: Mid-European and Southern Art
- was an Athenian, or a Spartan a Spartan, so that Aristotle rightly
- Title: Egyptian Myths: Lecture 9
- greatest pride to be a Spartan or an Athenian. To be a personality, to
- Title: Universe, Earth and Man: Lecture I: The Egyptian period, and the present time.
- that of a Spartan or an Athenian, for example. We feel what
- they were first of all Spartans or Athenians. Being provided in a
- certain way and to a certain degree with a common soul, the Spartan or
- personality; he felt himself more as a Spartan or as an Athenian, than
- felt himself primarily as a Spartan or as an Athenian. What was the
- Title: Apocalypse of John: Lecture III
- or a Spartan counted for much more as an Athenian or a
- Spartan than as an individual. He felt himself part of the
- Title: Supersensible Man: Lecture III
- Spartans. Yet everywhere in Greece the Sun, in its spiritual aspect as
Rudolf Steiner Archive is maintained by: