Searching Rudolf Steiner Lectures by GA number (GA0068)
You may select a new search term and repeat your search.
Searches are not case sensitive, and you can use
in your queries.
Query was: bible
Here are the matching lines in their respective documents.
Select one of the highlighted words in the matching lines below
to jump to that point in the document.
- Title: Lecture: The Bible and Wisdom
- Lecture: The Bible
- It cannot he doubted that the influence of the Bible on Western Culture has
- result of the influence of the Bible, the human soul has for thousands of
- influence of the Bible. And it is evident to those who look more deeply into
- Bible — taking up in some cases the radical standpoint of downright
- to those who have an unbiased outlook. The attitude adopted towards the Bible
- very considerably from what it used formerly to be. The value of the Bible,
- others who hold fast to the Bible, who derive all their deepest convictions
- the value of the Bible is under discussion. The attitude of such people is:
- ‘Others may think as they like; we find in the teachings of the Bible
- to-day feel themselves compelled to attack the Bible because of their desire
- Truth, and to see what relation these objections have to the Bible.
- the Bible; and that those with whom it originated were not just average men
- noticed that the two Creation stories at the very beginning of the Bible
- beginning of the Bible two names of the God-head occur, the name of the
- later the name of Jehova. There is an echo of this in the German Bible. In the
- German Bible the name of the God-head is translated ‘Lord,’
- statement that the Bible was written by a single individual, whether Moses or
- which might well be called a mutilation of the Bible. To-day there are
- Bibles in which the various points of detail are traced back to different
- Maximum number of matches per file exceeded.
Rudolf Steiner Archive is maintained by: