Searching Rudolf Steiner Lectures (GA 83)
You may select a new search term and repeat your search.
Searches are not case sensitive, and you can use
in your queries.
Query was: epoch
Here are the matching lines in their respective documents.
Select one of the highlighted words in the matching lines below to jump
to that point in the document.
- Title: Tension Between East and West: Lecture 1: Natural Science
- of history back into age-old epochs of humanity. There, it
- who form their picture of the earlier epochs of mankind only
- epochs, and nowadays can even be harmful to man if, under
- come down to later epochs in a thoroughly decadent and
- will thus be forced, when considering later epochs, to present
- epochs human nature has experienced the most varied
- ancient epochs and in later ones. What could, in earlier times,
- earlier epoch of civilization in the Orient. At that time, it
- feel themselves linked, as the men of earlier epochs did, to
- eventually the epoch will come when people will say: earlier
- Title: Tension Between East and West: Lecture 3: East and West in History
- a complete picture of the particular features of a given epoch.
- present epoch. Yet what we gain in thinking techniques
- something very different from that of earlier epochs.
- historical epoch remains present at a certain spot on the
- Title: Tension Between East and West: Lecture 4: Spiritual Geography
- the epoch is fulfilled. The epoch has developed from
- Title: Tension Between East and West: Lecture 6: Individual and Society
- respect, the men of earlier epochs were actually much closer to
- historical epoch which, as the preceding lectures have already
- epochs and indeed, fundamentally, still arise today —
- to the characteristics of the present epoch. And for these he
- inspire in men. What we discover is that, in earlier epochs,
- re-approaches, with his consciousness, what in earlier epochs
- instinctively in earlier epochs, fertilizing the imagination
- Older epochs developed in social life forces by which the old
- earlier epochs out of extraordinarily deep-rooted human
- Title: Tension Between East and West: Lecture 7: The Individual Spirit and the Social Structure
- love. This is true of a later epoch of the Oriental
- priest-theocracies, but it is precisely a later epoch,
- Title: Tension Between East and West: Lecture 8: The Problem (Asia-Europe)
- epochs of human development; it was in fact what made the
Rudolf Steiner Archive is maintained by: