You may select a new search term and repeat your search.
Searches are not case sensitive, and you can use
in your queries.
Query was: roman
Here are the matching lines in their respective documents.
Select one of the highlighted words in the matching lines below
to jump to that point in the document.
- Title: Christ Impulse: Lecture 6: The Birth of Conscience
- known to the ancient Greek as the Erinyes and later to the Romans as
- Graeco-Roman, and our own epoch. Let us now for a moment transport
- countries of the Roman Empire; they lived in the countries of the
- Graeco-Romans before that age began. And in our own countries, on the
- Roman culture on the other side, where the strong ego-feeling was
- developed in the consciousness of the Roman citizen, who stood firmly
- cross the Adriatic and come to Rome we find the Roman citizen standing
- in the works of the Roman writers. Whereas among the Greeks we
- Romans quite familiar with it, it had then become a word in general