Searching Rudolf Steiner Lectures by GA number (GA0120)
You may select a new search term and repeat your search.
Searches are not case sensitive, and you can use
in your queries.
Query was: effect
Here are the matching lines in their respective documents.
Select one of the highlighted words in the matching lines below
to jump to that point in the document.
- Title: Manifestations/Karma: Lecture: The Nature and Significance of Karma in the Personal and Individual, and in Humanity, the Earth and the Universe
- certain effects follow certain causes found in spiritual life. This
- the Law of Cause and Effect. Let us be clear about what we understand
- law of causes, and that everywhere it traces certain effects to their
- this linking of cause and effect takes place. For you will still find
- following: An effect is that which follows from a cause.
- before, material science would speak of cause and effect in the
- ordinary way. But can we claim that the effect the warming of
- the warm sunbeam had this effect already within it why is it
- around us, it is necessary, if an effect is to follow a cause, that
- cannot speak of an effect following upon a cause. This preliminary
- between cause and effect is there, but we should never obtain a true
- the term karma in speaking of a simple relation between effect and
- higher idea of the connection between cause and effect. For instance
- is an effect caused by the bending of the bow; but we can no more
- speak of the effect of the shot arrow in connection with its cause as
- what happens to it, there will follow not only an effect which shows
- so to speak, on the bow. Thus an effect is obtained which reacts on
- the object by which the effect itself was caused. This comes nearer to
- effect upon the being which caused it, the idea of karma is not
- to us that the effects caused by the thing or being must recoil upon
- Maximum number of matches per file exceeded.
- Title: Manifestations/Karma: Lecture: Karma and the Animal Kingdom
- effects of causes need not operate indeed, when we consider
- Title: Manifestations/Karma: Lecture: Karma in Relation to Disease and Health
- spiritual cause which lies deeper down, but to effect a cure they
- manifest themselves later in their after-effects on the same human
- wide-spreading effects of karma will always extend his gaze more and
- this or that effect of the wind and other elementary activities in
- we have often to seek a karmic effect of deeds of a previous life.
- categories if we consider the effect upon the inner being of man. Let
- your heart beat, that same impression is not, however, without effect,
- nothing hinders it, and for this reason it is even more effective.
- there are moments in human life when the second kind of inner effect
- effective in producing later similar experiences.
- formed organs. Thus we can karmically trace the effects in three
- Title: Manifestations/Karma: Lecture: The Curability and Incurability of Diseases in Relation to Karma
- there is absolutely no real effect to be noticed from the use of
- The effect of this in the next incarnation will not be able fully to
- but observe the effect of one incarnation on the next. We see also how
- take pneumonia for example; it is a karmic effect which follows when
- effects of our previous life. Detailed examples will be given later
- Title: Manifestations/Karma: Lecture: Natural and Accidental Illness in Relationship to Karma
- proofs furnished by Dietel to the effect that, given the necessary
- according to their opinion would have the same effect as the remedies
- in his next incarnation, or even should a cure be effected in this
- a cure will be effected when the person, in accordance with his whole
- for most people. When one has recovered from an illness, the effect
- between attempts at cure and our inability to effect a cure. In such a
- of the karmic effects of those transgressions of our earlier lives
- case. We find that this case of measles appeared as the karmic effect
- which is the physical karmic effect of an earlier life, how is it then
- birth and the general appearance of children's complaints which effect
- principle, it will evoke a viewpoint that has a healing effect upon
- effects of the weather, and numerous cases of disease which come to
- Title: Manifestations/Karma: Lecture: The Relationships Between Karma and Accidents
- the astral body when, induced by the effects of earlier experiences,
- effects a closer connection that there should be between the etheric
- human soul. Must it, however, be ineffectual because imperceptible?
- we take precautions to render such infections less effective, and that
- these effects by hygienic measures. We must admit that it would be
- Title: Manifestations/Karma: Lecture: Forces of Nature, Volcanic Eruptions, Earthquakes and Epidemics in Relation to Karma
- powers, how these powers effect an illness in the following
- of this process, become even more enmeshed in what Ahriman can effect,
- in the illusions effected by Ahriman, the more are we impelled to
- A counteracting effect comes into play, however, just as we have the
- effect of pain counteracting the luciferic influence. This
- counteracting effect will operate in such a way that the moment there
- be paralysed or else rendered too weak to be effective. A process of
- effect of a preceding ahrimanic influence which has resulted in this
- deeply in the ahrimanic illusion, if a counteracting effect could not
- these beings then experienced, nor in the effects of their
- the effect of the ahrimanic battle of that time.
- re-established, they rush in again to effect further correction.
- destroy organs in order to assist the beneficent effect of the ancient
- to an organ, so that we may escape the effect of Maya, and yet, on the
- other hand, to become conscious of the effect we produce by the use of
- Title: Manifestations/Karma: Lecture: Karma of the Higher Beings
- Thus in the new incarnation we encounter in the etheric body an effect
- any effect. Logic would be of little use were we to place someone in
- Thus we can carry within our deep organism the karmic effects of an
- itself with our innermost being is able to have a transforming effect
- that we must discard from within us the effects of the luciferic
- meant by an effect of luciferic influence in an earlier life, and, as
- look towards later incarnations for the effects. From this it is
- karma of mankind, whose effects show only at a later period. Thus the
- to take effect in order to give human souls an opportunity of
- balancing what had been effected through the ahrimanic influence and
- a way that the effect that is expressed in the external organism as a
- effects of uncharitableness, but we should not have
- Title: Manifestations/Karma: Lecture: Karmic Effects Of Our Experiences As Men and Women. Death and Birth In Relationship to Karma
- KARMIC EFFECTS OF OUR EXPERIENCES AS MEN AND WOMEN.DEATH AND BIRTH IN RELATIONSHIP TO KARMA
- compensating effects of karmic causes which he himself has
- the karmic effect evoked by their inner being, but rather are they
- urged to seek other effects. Man cannot escape his karma. Through such
- possibility of man's succumbing to their external effects. We make his
- extent to which it is the effect of past actions we cannot prevent the
- graven into matter. From this we see that the effect of woman's
- effectively upon man, and that this then evoked the ahrimanic
- luciferic influence, had the effect that his astral body was inclined
- Thus the luciferic influence is taking effect in such a way that
- and the effects are far different. The less dense substances would
- may be death, yet everything happening continues in its effect.
- is the karmic effect of birth, and birth and death are karmically
- Title: Manifestations/Karma: Lecture: Free Will and Karma in the Future of Human Evolution
- seen is a consequence of the Luciferic element, shows us the effect of
- from his love forces, have a defiling effect. Nothing of him is here.
- Title: Manifestations/Karma: Lecture: Individual and Human Karma. Karma of the Higher Beings.
- naturally have egos and therefore the effects of their deeds can react
- and its effect. Certainly only those will have this power of etheric
Rudolf Steiner Archive is maintained by: