Searching Rudolf Steiner Lectures by GA number (GA0120)
You may select a new search term and repeat your search.
Searches are not case sensitive, and you can use
in your queries.
Query was: external
Here are the matching lines in their respective documents.
Select one of the highlighted words in the matching lines below
to jump to that point in the document.
- Title: Manifestations/Karma: Lecture: The Nature and Significance of Karma in the Personal and Individual, and in Humanity, the Earth and the Universe
- It is very often emphasised nowadays by external science, that its own
- itself externally, but also one which will react upon the bow itself.
- purely external point of view. He who does not do so can never arrive
- Title: Manifestations/Karma: Lecture: Karma and the Animal Kingdom
- What might be called external evidence of the reality of karmic law
- will be occasion specially to point out this external evidence. On
- in the external world of the senses would, from the impressions of
- solely from its external side and not from the inner, the great
- external senses and by his speculative thought. We find a phenomenon
- external capacities; he has only transformed them, but into something
- external works; beavers build their homes and wasps their nests, but
- which we see manifested in the external achievements of animals?
- external shrine whether an Ego individuality is able to be active in
- the earthly existence or not. It could not do so if the external
- a stage of development as regards his external life
- which may be described as animal-humanity. At that time this external
- into by human souls, which has developed the external arrangements of
- Title: Manifestations/Karma: Lecture: Karma in Relation to Disease and Health
- have to deal with external injuries or other external influences.
- Now a plant such as we see in the external world is a being which is
- it meets with an external injury before it can become diseased. The
- how when it has suffered external damage it can safeguard by all sorts
- can see when an external injury occurs, the clear manifestation of the
- further and try to understand the external phenomena to which
- higher animal reacts correspondingly less to an external injury. The
- rise in the animal kingdom and this applies externally to the
- the external world; an action may be exercised upon the plant from
- astral body is active, external impressions are reflected into inner
- shut off from the external world. The more the astral body is active
- the more does a being open itself to the external world. Thus the
- profoundly. Now in the external life one can often find proof that
- external impression.) Therefore we must clearly understand that a weak
- Title: Manifestations/Karma: Lecture: The Curability and Incurability of Diseases in Relation to Karma
- external world of the senses came through this influence of Lucifer,
- body made the whole of the external world into which he entered appear
- earthly world was thereby clouded and his external impressions were
- insinuate himself and make the external world into illusion because we
- maya. Thus the ahrimanic influence which came into the external world
- thereby he absorbed the ahrimanic influence with every external
- against what has been brought about by external materiality, in order
- remedies from the ahrimanic. To-day external forces are used for the
- it warmer or colder through external influences, belongs to the sphere
- Title: Manifestations/Karma: Lecture: Natural and Accidental Illness in Relationship to Karma
- concerning himself with the external world but occupied himself a
- facts of the external world, but confined himself to the inner soul
- from this standpoint, we should invariably find that external
- external causes and an illness where the cause lies exclusively in the
- external provocation. But this is not so. In a certain sense we are
- however, we shall be able to trace to external causes; not indeed
- external causes. We must also include within external causes the
- causes of illness in external influences, and especially in microbes.
- Thus we speak of external causes of human illness and health. And the
- through the external impressions which he receives. In what we receive
- from the external world there are contained the ahrimanic forces, and
- penetrate us as through a rift in the external world. If we pursue the
- man, and how Ahriman becomes intertwined with external perceptions and
- also in those cases where external causes, which seem to be chance,
- Title: Manifestations/Karma: Lecture: The Relationships Between Karma and Accidents
- these external causes can be related to the experiences and deeds of
- We saw yesterday how chance or accident always presents the external
- chance, the external deceptions created by the ahrimanic powers are
- which can be inherited just as well as the external form of the nose
- case man has drawn to himself something external. Before reincarnation
- the feature which is later termed hereditary was something external.
- was an external one.
- Let us now enquire whether an external event occurring between birth
- external events. Neither our faculty of sight nor our faculty of
- distracted by the external world. If we were immediately to apply
- happen we are distracted by the external world, and are not permitted
- entirely turned away from the external world. Let us read the
- external world. Whether we are awake or not depends upon a certain
- today, we should find that we could not at that time see external
- receive an external impression. Anything that approached us evoked an
- external object or impression.
- If you burn yourself which is an external experience
- however, an external stimulus, an external impression. If something
- flies into your eye, this causes an external stimulus and the eye
- how it comes about that a movement follows the external stimulus. When
- Maximum number of matches per file exceeded.
- Title: Manifestations/Karma: Lecture: Forces of Nature, Volcanic Eruptions, Earthquakes and Epidemics in Relation to Karma
- external world depends upon what he is himself. Just as we cannot see
- we are prevented from seeing the external world as it really is. And
- because of man's incapacity to see the external world as it really is,
- see the external world distorted and inaccurate. Ahriman has
- We fall into untruth in our judgement of the external world and our
- inner conceit, and the other to illusions about the external world.
- into that external spirituality which lies behind the phenomena of the
- external world, or whether by descending mystically into his own inner
- external world. If we do not form a strong and steadfast character
- higher development desirous of comprehending phenomena of the external
- himself against such delusions. The means which external science
- offers are insufficient. External science does not provide us with the
- enter even further into the external world of the senses, into the
- Title: Manifestations/Karma: Lecture: Karma of the Higher Beings
- us by means of all that confronts us externally. Thus it is Ahriman
- external man, we consist of physical body, etheric body and astral
- into something external, and then Ahriman works against us through our
- incarnation by the ordinary means of external reason.
- of the symptoms in question was absurd in the external world. We now
- achieve more than with external rational truths. When nothing can be
- achieved by external logical reasoning we shall, if we patiently apply
- things can go hand in hand, external material science and cultivation
- etheric body. In external truths, though one may be learning an
- change will have been produced by external influences. In this case we
- external, by an external greed, there must have been the influence of
- Lucifer. Anything external could not have affected us had not Lucifer
- external forces with our life forces. From the point of view of the
- who can flourish only when they do not have to fight against external
- discriminate clearly between internal and external man. Even today we
- a way that the effect that is expressed in the external organism as a
- will not be cleansed of all uncharitableness, but only the external organ
- at all. We may perhaps have helped this person physically, externally,
- that, in removing the external expression of uncharitableness, we
- sense, in the external bodily sense, by vaccination against smallpox.
- Maximum number of matches per file exceeded.
- Title: Manifestations/Karma: Lecture: Karmic Effects Of Our Experiences As Men and Women. Death and Birth In Relationship to Karma
- the idea that man is urged to seek in the external world for
- possibility of man's succumbing to their external effects. We make his
- external life more pleasant, and also more healthy, but what he would
- that the external life became ever more pleasant and healthy, in the
- which so many people have had such pleasant external conditions as is
- the world to fill it. In a life spent in external and physically
- marked. Thus souls become increasingly diseased as external life is
- may well ease external life, but creates difficulties in our inner
- external world can provide them. Souls will continue in their search,
- anthroposophy are those who fail to find satisfaction from external
- sensations, and who realise that external science in spite of all its
- are connected with external happenings, with circumstances in which
- external proof of this in the shallowness of external science, and its
- It is not so easy to believe that intellectuality remains external and
- also in our external experiences and deeds. Thus we must say that the
- way or another determines our external deeds in the next incarnation.
- influence acted externally in human life. The fact that man reached
- penetration of external and internal man, than would have been
- depend upon the external world for knowledge and experiences.
- the external world denser matter than we should otherwise have done
- Maximum number of matches per file exceeded.
- Title: Manifestations/Karma: Lecture: Free Will and Karma in the Future of Human Evolution
- confronts him in the external world in the shape of different beings
- nature, but through external circumstances. It at once ceases to be a
- substance itself as to what form it takes in the external world, but
- of external matter; so that which is woven out of light is not
- distinguished from that which man bears within him. Externally it is
- reason why, for everything of external substance which can be more or
- externally representing the same thing in its pure condition. That
- which exists in the world in its purity, is the external cure for the
- only external symptoms are taken into consideration. But there is a
- by those processes which are connected with external methods of
- psychic means by love or by the external means of
- by these words upon the systematic research on external remedies.
- have for the external world, and we may rejoice not only because we
- has condensed into external material existence, the more we shall find
- through the blossoming of the mystical side, the external remained
- Title: Manifestations/Karma: Lecture: Individual and Human Karma. Karma of the Higher Beings.
- forward to the West by means of purely external force. The Roman
- the external physical plane. We then see all that the whole East had
- mastery by means of the knowledge of the external world, which must be
- unite self-knowledge and the knowledge of the external world with our
- physical perception and intellectual comprehension of the external
- interweave into external substance so that we completely overcome the
- present is immersed in external wisdom. If we are to partake in the
Rudolf Steiner Archive is maintained by: