Searching Rudolf Steiner Lectures by GA number (GA0124)
You may select a new search term and repeat your search.
Searches are not case sensitive, and you can use
in your queries.
Query was: maya
Here are the matching lines in their respective documents.
Select one of the highlighted words in the matching lines below
to jump to that point in the document.
- Title: The Ego: Lecture 3
- is Maya. Well, all right. But that is an abstraction. One must really
- man before me... that, however, is Maya! Who knows... is that, anyhow,
- extremely important to know that John the Baptist is a Maya
- characterises John the Baptist as a Maya, as an illusion, he who in
- Maya before us. If a being has two legs, and a human countenance, then
- man. But what is a man for occultism? Nothing but Maya! Really, as he
- as he stands before us. In truth, he is a schema, a Maya, an illusion.
- Title: Excursus/Mark: III: Excursus: Lecture II
- illusion — to Maya the great “Non est.” For the
- word “Maya” is compounded of “Mahat aya.”
- Maya. The truth regarding the sun is that it is a meeting-place of
- say something that appertains to Maya. Why? Because forces come from
- Title: Excursus/Mark: III: Excursus: Lecture III
- is only illusion, Maya. What he regards as the physical body is in
- that what is usually called man's body, is a Maya, an illusion,
- Title: Excursus/Mark: III: Excursus: Lecture IV
- the true man, the spiritual man (of whom in this world of Maya only a
- Maya exists) came down in ancient Lemurian times to this world of
- Title: Excursus/Mark: III: Excursus: Lecture V
- material, is Maya (illusion). In reality it is the spirit we
- Title: Excursus/Mark: IV: The Path of Theosophy from Former Ages until Now
- of what enters us as Maya. We ourselves are it; we who go on from
- in delusion and Maya.
- Title: Background/Mark: Lecture Four: The Symbolic Language of the Macrocosm in the Gospel of St. Mark
- to maya, to the great ‘non-being’. The word
- ‘maya’ is derived from mahat aya — mahat =
- great; ya = being; a = non, negation; hence maya = the great
- a victim of maya, of illusion, of non-being. The truth is
- a victim to what we have called maya. The real fact is that
- Title: Background/Mark: Lecture Five: The Two Main Streams of Post-Atlantean Civilisation
- physical body is an illusion, a maya. What is taken to be the
- Title: Background/Mark: Lecture Six: The Son of God and the Son of Man. The Sacrifice of Orpheus
- man, of whom in the world of maya there is only an illusory
- Man's picture of himself is pure maya but his form of
- Title: Background/Mark: Lecture Seven: The Higher Members of Man's Constitution
- maya. In reality it is spirit with which we come
- Title: Background/Mark: Lecture Ten: Rosicrucian WIsdom in Folk-Mythology
- faces maya, the great Illusion; each of us, in that we live a
- to the sense-world and are imprisoned in illusion and maya.
- Title: Background/Mark: Lecture Eleven: Kyrios, The Lord of the Soul
- maya, but that is a mere abstraction. We must be able to say:
- Yes, a man is standing in front of me, but he is maya —
- greatest importance to realise that John the Baptist was maya
- the future John the Baptist would be maya — in reality he
- But what is there in front of us is only maya; if we see a
- but maya — approximately as real as a rainbow in the sky. A
- nothing but maya. Where we think we see a man there are
- Title: Background/Mark: Lecture Twelve: Mystery Teachings in St. Mark's Gospel
- himself may well be maya, for a Being of higher rank is
- John was maya, another Being lived within him, having the
- have given, it was maya, illusion. Actually the whole
- Nazareth was maya.
- Title: Background/Mark: Lecture Thirteen: The Voice of the Angelos and the Speech of the Exousiai
- Angels clothe themselves in maya.
- The bodies of the Rishis were maya,
- above man, a Being who sheathed his spirit in the maya of a
- Title: Universal Human: Lecture Three: The Lord of the Soul
- that all is Maya, but that is an abstraction. We must really take it
- but he or she is Maya. Who knows, he or she may not really be human.
- know that John the Baptist is only Maya and that an angelic
- characterized John as Maya or illusion, but in truth John encompassed
- have merely Maya before us. If a being has two legs and a human
- human being to occultism? Nothing but Maya! He or she is about the
- they stand before us. In truth, they are a phantom, Maya, an
Rudolf Steiner Archive is maintained by: