Searching Rudolf Steiner Lectures by GA number (GA0159)
You may select a new search term and repeat your search.
Searches are not case sensitive, and you can use
in your queries.
Query was: west
Here are the matching lines in their respective documents.
Select one of the highlighted words in the matching lines below
to jump to that point in the document.
- Title: Lecture: Christ in Relation to Lucifer and Ahriman
- powers in the East (Russia) and the West (France, England and, since
- and ahrimanic forces in the West, and it was Central Europe's destiny
- The fundamental polarization of East and West that Rudolf Steiner saw
- Western powers involved in the controversy, and at Germany, reveals
- Curtain, while the other aligned with the West.
- have influenced the development of the entire Western world.
- Christianity externally into the mainstream of Western civilization.
- that he could establish Christianity in his western empire as the
- evolution of the Western spirit how the Christ impulse seeks out in
- the Christ impulse can assert itself within the Western spiritual
- cleanse Western culture of the luciferic remnants and in part we must
- Looking to the West and especially to American culture, a different
- how the culture of the West is seized by the ahrimanic principle, and
- East we are confronted by the luciferic and in the West by the
- West. Therefore, the plastic group in our building in Dornach must
- forces even in the eastern regions nearest to us, while in the West we
- idea of nationality. Thus, if we look to the West we see the field of
- period of time. That is the difference between the West and the East.
- When the ether bodies of Western Europeans are separated after death,
- looks little at himself after his death.) Through all this, Western
- Maximum number of matches per file exceeded.
- Title: Lecture: Preparing for the Sixth Epoch
- significance of West European culture lies in the fact that the quest
- of West European culture, and particularly of Central European
- Western and Central Europe is to introduce into men qualities that can
- West: the British, the French, the Italian, the German — Eastern
- Western and Central Europe. They say, “You pay no heed at all to
- across from the East to Western and Central Europe in many reproaches
- are, accuse Western and Central Europe of having lost all feeling for
- that the Christianity of Western Europe has not succeeded in
- conclusion by saying, “In Western Europe there can never be
- never come to Western European civilization. There humanity will never
- exceedingly difficult to understand from the Western European point of
- following conception that is extremely difficult for the men of West
- Western Europe, as a preparation for the sixth epoch, we try among
- that he is God. How different it is in the West and in Central Europe!
- understand the weaving power of the spiritual, we in the West cannot
- Title: Lecture: Spiritual Science, a Necessity for the Present Time
- This lecture has been authorized for the Western hemisphere,
- when the sun's forces reach the lowest point of their physical
- developed in the civilisation of the West and to elaborate it
- what has been produced in the West. This will one day be the task of
- call out to the West: We have a beautiful country, but no order,
- by the spiritual life of the peoples living on its western boundary.
- In the further course of civilisation the West must produce a living
- West to East, in the opposite direction of the sun's ordinary course.
- hands on the civilisation of the West, of the peoples of western
- the West, the so-called, “Barefooted”
- civilisation of western Europe, to use the words of these
- Title: Lecture: The (Four) Great Virtues
- The lecture has been authorized for the Western hemisphere by, and
- used only as the instrument for the lowest form of wisdom, earthly
- intemperate in excessive eating and drinking; this is its lowest
- Title: The Subconscious Forces
- takes place in Western or in Central Europe. To begin with,
- be taken over superficially from the civilisation of western
- Eastern Europe were beginning to overspread the unworthy west
- special points of his programme staging; “You western
- above all in the fact that people said: In the West, everything
- spread over Central and Western Europe.
- origin, whereas they are a purely western importation. They
- came1from the West and were then sent back again to
- the western people. The western people become acquainted
- conscious. Do not think that the people in the West and in the
- exist. When we look to the East and to the West, spiritual
- Title: Mystery of Death: Lecture I: The Four Platonic Virtues and Their Relation with the Human Members
- for the lowest form of wisdom, for the earthly cleverness.
- lowest kind of impulsiveness. There the astral completely sinks
- Title: Mystery of Death: Lecture III: Spiritual Science and the Mystery of Death
- and west go to the south and meet forming a ring. From a
- Normans were overpowered by the Romance people. The western
- west of Europe many people speak that the French are appointed
- that in the west the Celtic element predominates. However, it
- west are completely overpowered by the Romance element. In the
- members of the soul like in the West, should be immediately
- In the West that had to be dogmatised and materialised. People
- Western people of intellect did not understand her, and
- Title: Mystery of Death: Lecture IV: The Intimate Element of the Central European Culture and the Central European Striving
- strength, which should work in Europe, drove in the west of
- Europe into the Romance current which had flooded the west of
- European culture in the West, is due to the Romance current.
- culture driving down from the European north to the west,
- west, becoming Romance, on the other side, to the east,
- becoming Slavic, and they meet from the east and from the west
- in the West or the culture in the East, but which had to run
- Central Europe with that of the West, so we must say, in the
- West a culture developed — and this can be seen from the
- member. In the west of Europe everything got muddled, and it
- fundamental attitude of rationalising civilisation in the West.
- In the West, one wants to arrange, to systematise, and to
- find that in the West as one part of the current which
- to southwest, and both meet in Constantinople. In the centre
- Midgard Snake in the East and the West. So far we have to go to
- West. Then we understand why the Central European population is
- movement. In this writing nobody will find anything of western
- theory but what came from the West. — Then one sees that
- Title: Mystery of Death: Lecture V: The Intervention of the Christ Impulse in the Historical Events
- to take up what the western civilisation has created, and to
- process it in itself to get fertilised with that which the West
- happens that from the East over here to the West the call goes
- the spiritual life of the directly bordering West. In the
- further course of its culture this West has to produce a lively
- from the West to the East, opposite to the movement of the sun.
- west-European culture.
- West: the so-called world view of the discalced friars,
- west-European culture — as the discalced friar says
- Title: Mystery of Death: Lecture VI: Moral Impulses and Their Results
- the western peoples.
- the West-European peoples are, this would be an untruth with
- in a different way than with the West-European and Central
- European peoples. The archangels of the West-European peoples
- before something quite different as it is the case in Western
- the three characterised West-European peoples. You can derive
- that the life of the West-European peoples and in certain way
- West-European peoples have to take this national character
- knowledge down to the lowest. And even more than on some other
- Title: Mystery of Death: Lecture VII: Cosmic Effects on the Human Members During Sleep
- victorious in the western world in an external way. Constantine
- fewest people have this today, — that spiritual forces
- Title: Mystery of Death: Lecture VIII: The War, an Illness Process
- development in the West or in the middle of Europe.
- over externally by the west-European civilisation. You cannot
- to extend over the little valuable Western Europe, to overflow
- as there was said: you West-Europeans altogether, you have a
- above all in the fact that one said: in the West everything has
- out over Central Europe and Western Europe.
- contrast to the “Westernisers.”]
- something comes from the East, whereas it is a purely western
- import. It came over from the West and was then sent back to
- the western people again. The western people were confronted
- believe that the human beings fight in the West and the East
- science, — looking to the East and to the West —
- Title: Mystery of Death: Lecture IX: The Relation of the Human Being to the Realms of Nature and the Hierarchies
- names are introduced in the West.
- West-European peoples expressing exactly what I expressed in
- letters, a West-European minded person rants at the Central
- Title: Mystery of Death: Lecture X: Central Europe between East and West
- Central Europe between East and West
- Central Europe between East and West
- Until our days, the western religious world view lacks the
- element. Everywhere in the West, we find the souls imbued with
- also seize the west of Europe gradually. There the mission is
- and the ahrimanic principle of the West in Central Europe, but
- Lucifer and Ahriman to put the world from East and to West back
- luciferic of the East, the ahrimanic of the West be
- on one side, and the West, on the other side, penetrated the
- charred cross, tends to the West. We, however, in Central
- the East, by Ahriman in the West, is above ground. There we
- invigorate our souls that in another epoch the western world
- ascended; it passes triumphantly through the West. It already
- a way as it happened in the first epoch of the western
- Title: Mystery of Death: Lecture XI: Christ's Relationship to Lucifer and Ahriman
- western development.
- externally in the western development. Constantine had to go
- western empire. The whole map of Europe would have become
- more aware. We see then in the western spiritual development
- in the western spiritual development can make itself
- But we have partly to purify that all in the western culture
- us look at the West, particularly at the American civilisation,
- civilisation of the West is seized by Ahriman. This is the
- have the luciferic element, if we look at the West, we have the
- Central Europe between West and East is to find the balance.
- luciferic powers even in the near East. In the West, we look at
- etheric bodies if we look westwards.
- difference between the West and the East. The etheric bodies,
- which the West-European human beings take off after death, have
- West-European human being is exposed to the ahrimanic
- field, neither in the West nor in the East. Hence, something
- bodies which spread out from Western Europe. They would behold
- contribute something that these West-European clearly defined
- the West. This causes that since 1879 a violent struggle
- West-European etheric bodies, and this struggle is raging in
- Maximum number of matches per file exceeded.
- Title: Mystery of Death: Lecture XIII: Common Ground above Us; Christ in Us
- This is the deep meaning of the West-European culture: that the
- post-Atlantean culture. It is the task of the West-European and
- Western Europe and Central Europe have the vocation to develop
- does not say like in the West: the Briton, the French, the
- the Russian intellectuals, as they are called, accuse the West
- barbarity et cetera to Central Europe and Western Europe from
- say: Western Europe and Central Europe have already lost any
- why it says, the West-European Christianity did not manage to
- century, said as the last consequence: in Western Europe,
- in the West-European culture and civilisation, happiness will
- from the West-European point of view. But anthroposophists
- idea which is hard to understand to the West- European from its
- We in Western Europe look just for that which we care for as
- different it is in the West, how different in Central Europe.
- We cannot say in the West, while we want to experience and
- Title: Mystery of Death: Lecture XV: Overcoming Death through Knowledge
- that which matters that the Western mental development is
Rudolf Steiner Archive is maintained by: